My husband and I decided to stay at the Dunes again since our first visit two years ago was so amazing. Once again, our stay exceeded our expectations. The property is aesthetically appealing to the eye and everything is well maintained from the parking garage to the landscaping to the front desk and the guest rooms. Check-in was a breeze. We arrived early and we were allowed to get early check-in- that's almost impossible at most resorts.
The check-in attendant was extra nice and she went out of her way to ensure that we understood everything that was in the welcome packet. The attendants that were on duty in the front entrance parking lot were always friendly and they were always willing to lend a hand with bags,etc. Security constantly patrolled the parking garage and that made us feel safe.
The housekeeping staff members were very friendly and they were always focused on vacuuming and doing general cleaning of the commons areas on the property- that was impressive. The pool areas, hallways, and commons areas were always immaculate. Our king bedroom suite was very clean and well stocked with everything we needed from pots and pans to forks, spoons, paper towels, glasses, toiletries, etc. The bathroom was stocked and it was updated and spotless. The balcony area was perfect for relaxing while listening to the waves and admiring the beauty of the Atlantic Ocean.
Perhaps our favorite thing to do while staying at the Dunes is to eat ! The Captains on-site restaurant has great food and great service. The service is second to none! The male hostess who seated us on two occasions was exceptionally professional and you could tell that he took pride in his job. Both of our waitresses were excellent and they made sure that we enjoyed each meal. Did I mention that the food is delicious!!!!!! It was so nice to be able to eat great food on site and avoid the traffic jams of Myrtle Beach.
The breakfast buffet in the Admiral's Room on-site restaurant was superb as well. The pancakes and omelets are made to order and they are magnificent!!! My husband and I enjoyed breakfast so much that we hated to leave the restaurant.
Lastly, I have to mention how much fun we had at the two on-site water parks. Every time we visit the Dunes, we look forward to spending time in the lazy river and on the water slides. Yes, we are fortyish, but we never get tired of having fun at the water parks.
One more thing: if you want to get away from the hustle and bustle of the other end of the strip, this is the perfect place.
Hopefully, my husband and I can visit the Dunes again in the fall. We will definitely visit again next summer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the WORLD'S top 1% of Hotels by Expedia Insider's Select 2008 and Voted #2 in Family Hotels in the UNITED STATES by Travelers Choice Awards, Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size waterslides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel