“Great stay for the money”

Dunes Village Resort
Ranked #8 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Great stay for the money”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel from Wednesday to Friday for our anniversary. It is right on the beach and really close to EVERYTHING! The staff is friendly despite being few. Our room was centrally located 514 and it wasn't too high up but was high enough that it was quiet. The view was spectacular! Linens were plentiful and toiletries were stocked and you can get more at the desk if needed. Rooms were clean. The beds and pillows were VERY comfortable! I have arthritis and slept very well and wasn't sore in the morning. We used Trip Advisor for showing us the best price on this hotel and BookIt.com had it. This hotel is a resort and has all the stuff you'd expect to find; spa, restaurants, etc. On the less positive side, the spa is almost double the going rate for a massage so we went outside of the hotel. Parking is across the street but for $10 a day, take advantage of VALET! You call from your room 10 minutes before you want to leave and your car is at the door. You can come and go as you please for the same price. Ken was terrific! Enjoy your stay! It's worth it!

Room Tip: See comments above
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flightnurse1
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for such a wonderful review of Dunes Village Resort. We are happy to hear that you and your Husband celebrated your anniversary with us!

I am sorry to hear that the spa we have on property was more expensive than you had expected. Cinzia spa is the best spa on the beach, which is why we have them as our spa of choice.

I am glad you got a chance to relax and celebrate your anniversary, and hope to see you back here again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,414)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is the epitome of Myrtle Beach, a high rise apartment style hotel with a lazy river. The water features are great for kids under 14. There are numerous pools, outdoor chess, shuffleboard, pool basketball and even tennis courts. It is on the beach. The restaurant is horrible. The hotel looks like a renovated previously 2 star hotel. Don't come here if you don't like sharing a pool with a lot of people at once.

Room Tip: Ask for the ocean view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to offer some feedback regarding your Dunes Village Resort vacation. I don't recall our hotel as ever being considered "cheesy" before. I guess with all the family fun we offer, from 30,000 square feet of water park area to the planned activities offered for additional family fun, that could be considered cheesy.

Dunes Village Resort prides ourselves on offering a variety of diversions to entertain and to create "family fun."

I am sorry to hear that the restaurant did not appeal to you. We have 2 restaurants, one is a breakfast buffet and the other offers lunch and dinner. We have always gotten wonderful reviews at both, so I am speechless here.

Thank you again for your feedback. We would like to see you back here sometime.
Walnut, Mississippi, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2013

this hotel was a dream come true , it was a little chilly and the indoor water park was great. the food was good the views was awsome ,rooms was great and hotel staff was real friendly and the over all stay was great

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
"Great," "dream come true," " waterpark was great," "views were awesome." You covered the bulk of it right there! I could not have said it better myself. Thank you for taking the time to share your Dunes Village resort experience. We appreciate your kind words, and hope to have you visit again soon!
Greenville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 25, 2013

From the time I checked-in to the time I checked-out was great. There was a few minor problems that I can oversee like the fire alarm going off the first night I was there telling us to evacuate the building and do not use the elevator which I can understand however I had my father-in-law who happens to be using a walker with us and can not climb down stairs, and we were on the 12th floor. The other minor problem is when I went into the washroom I found a roach in the middle of the floor. Not a big problem for me because I'm not squeamish and it wasn't a big deal to kill a roach and throw it away. I only found 1 throughout my stay.

The staff was very friendly, the in-door water park was great the hot-tub was amazing after a long 3 hour drive lmao.

Other than that We had a great time and I'm looking forward to coming back in the summer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
CariG_DV, Manager at Dunes Village Resort, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer up a wonderful 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate your kind words.

The fire alarm going off was an unfortunate circumstance, but we are firm believers in safety. While the inconvenience of the alarm was great, we are happy to report that there was no fire and all our guests remained safe.

Roaches are unusual here at Dunes Village Resort. In South Carolina, especially at the coast, we find plenty of Palmetto Bugs. (We consider them the state bird of South Carolina). They like warm, dark, damp areas, but they don't eat much. We are glad to hear that the one you saw was not bothersome to you.

We certainly hope to see you back here this summer. With all the fun we have to offer, our repeat guests find it hard to stay a way! See you soon!
Mooresville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We booked an ocean view room and were NOT disappointed!!! It came with a beautiful view of the ocean and had everything promised on the website. We booked directly through the hotels website. The room was affordable and had more than the anyone could need. The room was clean and had enough towels to last the time we were there. (I do not like to let room service in while I am staying unless I am there for more than a week. This doesn't mean that the hotel was untrustworthy, it is just a personal preference after many years of having hotels as my home.) Unfortunately the weather was not kind to us but that meant that the hot tub and the indoor water areas were used plenty and we enjoyed them the time that we were there. The only think I would recommend is stay in the Palmetto Tower, which is where were were, as I believe the Palms Tower outside lights would have been too bright to sleep with the sliding door open, but ask for a room higher up in the Palmetto Tower. The lights are not that bright but if you want to sleep in or not feel like everyone can see you, you will want to be higher up in that tower. We will be back next year!!!

Room Tip: Stay in the Palmetto Tower and stay higher up!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank AvoLightingGirl
Thank you for taking the time to share your 5 star review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate all your kind words, and cannot wait to have you back here next year! See you then!
South Carolina
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We have stayed here a few times but this was the first using vacation rentals by owners --it went well for us > The check-in and checkout gone --all we had to do was punch in a code on the door and go by front desk to get waterpark passes and park pass after we checked into the room --and nothing to do checking out .Our kids enjoyed the waterpark especially the table tennis and the breakfast buffet was pretty good . We stayed in room 603 oceanfront , corner unit with glass views --awesome . If you stay in rooms 601,602,603 after exiting your room go right to the single elevator (go up this one also when ariving if you use vrbo) if you need to go to your car its closer and it takes you into a put put course. Valet is available for $10 if you wish ---The palmetto tower is closer to the parking garage than the psalms tower--over all a good stay ,nice hotel

Room Tip: Pay the extra for extended balcony and or oceanfront ...Higher floors have the better view
1 Thank steelers_jody
Thank you for the nice review of Dunes Village Resort. We appreciate all feedback.

We are glad to hear that you have come back numerous times, and hope that you will return again soon!
midlothian
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I went with my SO and our 3y old and my parents and stayed for 5 days, we had a 3 bed 3 bath ocean front condo on the 9th floor. the condo was huge and the balcony was amazing. everyone there was very nice and the bartenders were awesome. my daughter loved the play ground.. we only used the water park one time as it was very crowded but the beach access and beach were wonderful. only cons were that the water pressure was not so good in one of the bathrooms and the carpet in the hall was kind of gross..

1 Thank Chelsea D
Thank you for your feedback regarding your Dunes Village Resort visit. We are glad to hear that the room size accomodated you and your family so well.

The playground that your daughter loved is one of our newest additions to the continuing entertainment that we have here. The giant pirate ship seems to appeal to many children, and we are happy to hear that your daughter is one of them.

We do hope to see you back here again for another long weekend. Thank you again for staying with us!