Dunes Village was recommended to me by a number of friends with children, and we were lucky enough to grab a last minute reservation just after the 4th of July. I originally reserved the Oceanfront Deluxe King Studio, but was immediately upgraded to a 1-bedroom Oceanfront Queen Suite upon check-in for no extra cost! The space was nice and big, the bathroom was large with a jacuzzi tub, and my 6 year old flipped over the murphy bed in the wall. He thought that was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I loved having the full kitchen and a washer/dryer combo in the room. The room was very clean when we arrived, and daily maid service was a big plus.
Myrtle Beach is always fun for kids because the waves are big (sometimes too big), and are great for boogie boarding or body surfing. The sand was clean, and there was always plenty of room to play and build castles. The big hit of the trip was the indoor water park. The water slides were super fun and the whole family loved the lazy river. Anytime it started to rain on the beach, we went right inside and continued playing in the water. There were ping pong tables, pool tables, foosball tables, shuffleboard, MEGA sized checkers and chess pieces, and even a wii for everyone to play. They even had daily activities for the kids if they choose to participate. There was a small putt-putt course on the property, but there are also big putt-putt places very near by (walking distance). There were so many things for the kids to do at the hotel, we didn't get to experience them all. Overall, the "fun factor" was the best part of the hotel.
We love dining out when we're on vacation (I want to cook as little as possible, it's my vacation too)! After spending our first night waiting in line for over an hour at one of the local restaurants, we decided to try the on-site restaurant at the hotel. IT WAS GREAT!!! We walked right in and got a table (no waiting), the food was just as good as the night before, AND, it was less expensive! I would recommend the on-site restaurant to everyone. And, let me just say that the breakfast was fantastic! We arrived to a long line each morning, but it moved very quickly (we never waited more than 10 minutes) The buffet was always fresh and tasty with a great assortment of foods. Both boys (ages 10 and 6) were happy, and so were the hubby and I...and for only $32 for all 4 of us, it was well worth the money. And they served Seattle's Best Coffee....YUM!
We will definitely return to Dunes Village when we go to Myrtle Beach. We like to go to different beaches each summer, but we might return to Myrtle Beach next year just because of Dunes Village.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dunes Village is home of the area’s only indoor water parks; 30,000 square feet of water fun! 4 adult-size water slides, water basketball, lazy rivers, kiddie pools, mushroom waterfalls and the list goes on. Tennis buffs stay limber on the tennis court and basketball fans shoot hoops on the basketball court. Children enjoy the year-round supervised activity program, giving parents an opportunity to sit back and relax knowing the kiddies are having fun of their own. Dine in one of the 2 onsite restaurants or sip a cup of coffee from Seattle’s Best Coffee. At the end of the day, our spacious studios, suites and condos are the perfect ending to a great day at this award winning resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Dunes Village Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunes Village Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Myrtle Beach
- Dunes Village Resort Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Dunes Village Resort
- Dunes Village Resort Motel