WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“dump” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dolphin Motel

Dolphin Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Dolphin Motel
Ranked #200 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Yuma, Arizona
“dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

what a dump, i paid for 2 nights, didn't even spend one night, didn't ask for my money back, i just left,your better off sleeping in your car, cant believe the code inspectors don't close this place down

Room Tip: stay away from this place
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Robert B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2011

The picture included for this property is not The Dolphin Motel located at 1505 N Ocean Blvd. Myrtle Beach, SC 29577. Also, from reading some of the review below, it is apparent that a few of them did not stay at The Dolphin located at this address. Please make sure you are reading accurate information before you make decisions based on these reviews.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
5 Thank car0linagirl77
Carolina GIrl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

I wish that the owners of the Dolphin would come remodel my bathroom to look like the bathroom in our room at their motel! The whole bathroom had been completely gutted and redone. I love the corner shower with the sliding door. I've never seen anything like it. The main room had just been repainted, and new flooring had apparently just been put down. My only complaint is that the bedspread and curtains clashed, but my husband could care less. He said that if they were clean he didn't care, and they were definitely clean. We look forward to our next stay at the Dolphin!

• Liked — Remodeled rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
      Location
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank beachbumm1213
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2006

My family and friends have been staying at the Dolphin for years, and it has changed hands a few times. The current owners also own the Sea Park Motel next door, and the Carolina Tarheel, which is on the corner of 18th Ave. N. and Withers Drive. Sure, the Dolphin is a little, shall we say, rustic, but the rooms are clean, the prices are great, and the staff is the best! These properties don't particularly cater to the wild and crazy spring-breaker-types, and the negative reviews you see posted here are probably by those types of people. The Dolphin, Sea Park, and Carolina Tarheel seem to target couples and families, and they discourage rowdy behavior, public intoxication, etc. I have even witnessed a few evictions of some young people who had a lot too much to drink, had way too much company late at night, and just couldn't control themselves. I appreciate that management keeps the peace so that the other guests can ejoy their stay. We will continue to stay at these motels whenever we come to Myrtle Beach, and we encourage other young adults and families to do the same!

• Stayed March 2006
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2006

my stay at the dolphin was straight from a horror movie! Half of the lights did not work, the door would not shut all the way, and if you got the door shut you had a wonderful veiw of the parking lot through the massive crack at the top of the door. The window was duct taped up which made for another breathtaking view. But the best was the manditory feet cleaning via garden hose. But if it did have an upside, it was the closest you can come to staying beachfront for next to nothing.

• Stayed July 2003
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2005

I really love Myrtle, and every time I go there with any of my friends, we always stay at the Dolphin. It is cheap, clean, and has a very friendly staff. I'm sure there are a billion different hotels to choose from, but I'd choose the Dolphin over them all.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2004

Whoever rated the Dolphin as "cozy" and a "palace" ostensibly grew up in a pig sty or had way too much to drink or hasn't yet recovered from the hangover. Nothing (and I mean NOTHING) in the rooms has been updated in several decades. The shower was so disgusting that I was ankle deep in water after one minute. Two of the three electrical outlets malfunctioned. There was so much sand in the carpets that I felt as if I was still on the bizeach. They tried to make the toilets appear clean by putting a generic "safety seal" around the seat, but when we lifted the seat there was waste remaining from the previous occupant. And lastly, the soap they provided caused my roommate to break out in the worst case of hives I've ever seen.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member