Grande Shores Ocean Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Dunes Village Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$118
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
$64
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$66
  • Pool
Carolinian Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$154
$70
Beach Colony Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
The Patricia Grand, Oceana Resorts(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$85
$64
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$69
$64
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$65
$54
Travelocity
$185
$157
Myrtle Beach Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$70
  • Pool
1,496 results
All reviewsshoreline cafeparking garagerooftop poollazy riverbedroom condoseventh floorpools and hot tubsthe north endfull kitchenfamily reunionthe past yearshousekeeping staffa great vacationbike weektrip to myrtle beachoff seasonwasher dryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at this hotel. It was the third time in three years that we stayed there. On the second night we found a roach in the bathroom and the next morning there was another one in the bedroom, and we were in a penthouse. We told the receptionist that morning and she told us it was common. I didn't feel like that was a exceptable response, so I asked to speak to the manager. She informed us that the exterminated the hotel once a month but didn't offer any compensation for the bugs in our room. They did spray our room but I didn't feel that was enough. Also the pool closes at 11pm and they allowed a group of people to stay out there until 2am drinking and screaming until someone finally complained enough for them to tell them to leave. Overall I was not to pleased with my say and we will not be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Superman120784
gmgrandeshores, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2010

I remember meeting with this guest and of course was very sorry that this occurred. We do have all our units professionally treated each month in hopes that this will not happen, however, in a hotel with over two hundred sliding glass doors that are openned most of the time so our guests can enjoy the ocean sounds, it does happen. I did offer to move the guests to another condo, but they chose not to do this. As the manager when I am faced with issues that effect my guests I do everything I can to make them more comfortable. I do appreciate this guests comments.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was a quick spur of the moment stay at the end of August. I have stayed at Grande Shores many times over several years mostly in the fall, winter and spring. It always feels like a second home. The hotel staff is great, the bar and restaurant is very convenient and always a lot of fun. The amenities are just right and the rooms always fine. I always feel I get a very good value here and love the location.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank markmbaha
Reviewed September 10, 2010

I have stayed here three times in the last two years and have always had a overall good experience. This trip we were here for 11 nights. We've actually stayed in the same room every time (by request) because of the convenience. That being said, the room has not seen any upgrade during this time and still has the same comforters in use. I believe that a fresh coat of paint and a good scrub of the bathroom tile would go a long way, but generally the room was clean. Two problem areas are the carpet: needs a good cleaning as it leaves black marks on your bare feet; and the hot water. I called down on the night we checked in as there was no hot water. Maint. guy came up and just let the taps run for 10 minutes and declared the problem fixed. I called down again the next day since nothing had improved and was again assured that everything was "fixed". Next day, same situation, you had to run the water for at least 10 minutes before it had any trace of warm. I finally went down to the front desk and asked that they send an email to the maint. dept. to address this. I never heard anything again, and we just continued to let the water run until it got warm, never hot. Apparently it is OK to just waste water here but it bothered me. This was their $$$ going down the drain.
The beds are very hard and pillows need to be replaced. Housekeeping did a good job and even washed our few dishes, which was a surprise. All employees were friendly and helpful. I had breakfast once in the restaurant but everything on the buffet was cold, so I didn't return. Parking can be challenging if you encounter someone in too much of a hurry, but is so easy to use during check-in/check-out.
Grande Shores is a nice, older facility that is in a quiter part of the beach and really meets our needs. It sure needs some attention, however.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skipro1
Reviewed September 9, 2010

We liked a few things about the hotel such as location and roof top pool. However, we had several issues with this hotel. Door to our room was broken. The door was jammed and could not open without a lot of force and closet doors were also broken. The bed sheets were dirty when we arrived and were not changed during our stay. The maid service did not arrive on our first day so we had to search out in the hallway to find someone with clean towels. The maid service arrived only once at that was on our checkout morning which surprised us because we had not see them on the other days. Fire alarms went off on our first night after 2am in the morning, needless to say that we not pleased. There were no staff members outside during the alarm to direct guests where to go. The guests decided it was okay to return to hotel after fire truck left the parking lot but very surprised that no hotel staff were present. Later, we discovered that some of the other hotel guests ignore the fire alarms because this problem has happened to them more than once.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank DisneyTravel
Reviewed September 8, 2010

I couldn't recommend a better place to stay!! They have the greatest staff there, and Bryse was VERY helpful in recommending things to do around town. The location was GREAT! And the restaurant was FABULOUS! I would recommend this resort to all my friends and family in the area! Highly recommended for any one in the area!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family