“Another Great Stay”

Ranked #25 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
“Another Great Stay”
Reviewed June 19, 2010

My husband and I have stayed at Grande Shores 3 times now, and also at the sister properties for this company, we always have great rooms and service.

Unfortunately our stay for this vacation trip was cut short due to family circumstances at home. Once again Grande Shores was great to work with. Upon making my reservations I had explained that we may not even be able to arrive or have to depart early due to the circumstances, the reservation clerk made full notes on our file and upon our departure the front desk clerk advised she would be refunding us for our lost night's stay, without us even asking for it! Great customer service!

We had the ocean front room 509 - great location, beautiful view. I am a neat freak on hotel cleanliness - I carry lysol spray and wipes to clean with upon my arrival, as always the room was very clean!

The only negative I have is to suggest that the entrance area/bathroom be updated to this particular room. I've attached photos of the room. The entrance closet area is outdated and the closet doors are secured open with screws and the bathroom could use updating with a new tub, newer tile and fresh wallpaper (some wallpaper was peeling. the tile was worn from wear and the tub had what appeared to be paint spill stain of some sort) BUT even though it was outdated it still was VERY VERY CLEAN! Housekeeping was very accomodating to us when we asked for additional items.

The pool side grill food was great! Each morning we watched maintenance clean the pools. This is definately a great location in Myrtle, not in the crowded areas but close enough to the attractions you would want to access.

This was our first time having a ocean front room, typically we have the north ocean view which is great! We didn't utilize the 7th floor pool, lazy river, jacuzzi area this time, but it is awesome as well.
Great customer service, great location, clean clean clean everywhere, rooms, pool, walkways, parking garage - every time we've been there.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Locust Grove Ga
Reviewed June 14, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was clean, nice view from windows...very quiet. The pools were crystal clear. The only thing I missed was the playground for my grandchildren...never found it. We are looking forward to a return visit next year

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Springfield, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2010

We stayed here and were pretty happy with the place. The location was in a nice spot kind of at the end of a long strip. I was expecting and oceanfront room but I guess we had reserved oceanview. We could see the ocean from side of the balcony. As someone else mentioned the parking lot is a little tight but that didn't bother us. I liked the rooftop pool. The only thing that kind of bothered me was there was only one working hot tub on the roof. Two of them were not working and when we went up both times the only working one was full. Other than that we enjoyed our stay here. I would go back again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
NC
Reviewed June 2, 2010

I liked the pools at this hotel. We went before Memorial Day and it was not at all crowded. I like the location of the hotel. Only problem was the tub was stopped up. We fixed that with Drano. Otherwise not luxury, but a good hotel. I might stay here my next trip depending on the prices. The parking situation is not great but a lot of Myrtle Beach hotels are the same way.

Cape May, New Jersey
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Dirty and in serious need of updating. Bizarre parking garage "inside" with your front door opening to the garage. The open hallway between your door and the garage is dark, uneven and filthy. The design of the garage ramp was a nightmare to maneuver. Gave me a trapped feeling. While we were on the ocean side, we did not use the balcony as the outside walls had large wide 'cracks'.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2010

After traveling to beach hotels all over the coast - Atlantis and Golf coast, I would rate this place a 2or 1 out of 5 stars. The beds were horrible, outlets for the room were dangerously poking out of their sockets - and the rooms were pretty dated. There was no soap or any type of disinfectant in the restrooms near the pools. The pool was small for the number of guests. The only redeeming feature of this hotel is the view, if you get oceanview room. The outlet for the hairdryer did not work at all.

Reviewed May 11, 2010

Yes rooms are big but the staff is mean and when I checked in and got to my room it was not even cleaned told staff they told me it would be 2hrs be for they could get to it then when. I went back in all they did was make the bed did not vam or take out the old dirty tallows from the last people that had the room. Gross

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank what999
gmgrandeshores, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2010
I have emailed this guest to ask for the information I need to invesigate the comments mentioned here. As anyone would image we do not want anyone leaving our resort feeling like this. As you can see for our recent comments, guests are happy with our service, but we do take all criticism seriously and use it to better our operation. I will anxiously await a response form this guest.