Grande Shores Ocean Resort
$258
$200
$179
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$145
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$111
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$103
$257
$224
Hampton.com
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$125
$107
Official Site
$207
$155
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$124
Orbitz.com
1,521 results
All reviewsshoreline cafeparking garagerooftop poollazy riverbedroom condoseventh floorpools and hot tubsthe north endfull kitchenfamily reunionthe past yearshousekeeping staffa great vacationbike weektrip to myrtle beachoff seasonwasher dryer
Reviewed June 28, 2006

I would recommend this hotel. We stayed the week of 6-17-06 -6-24-06. We hade an oceanfront room. For the most part, everything was good. The breakfeast buffet had a good selection and offered hot and cold food items. The price was reasonable for the buffet. The parking in the garage was a liitle tight. The parking spaces were narrow, but that could not be helped. The hot tubs were set extremely too hot. We could not get in any of the 4 hot tubs! Housekeeping was extremely slow. Some days they did not come by until after 1 or 2pm. The room was small for what we paid. Not real convenient to have coffee pot in the bathroom and no place to plug it up in the bedroom. Refridgerator leaked every day in the floor. We did have a scare when someone tried to deliver a pizza to the wrong room twice in the same nite/morning-12:30am and 1:00am.

The hotel was alright, but not what I had expected. When I checked this web site for the rating on this hotel, it was 6th. I do not feel like it merits that high of rating in over 100 hotels. Maybe mid-range, but not at the top. I picked it because of its high rating. I might stay again in the future, but I am not sure. I would probably want to give them another chance

6  Thank JHutchens
Reviewed June 25, 2006

We recently stayed at the Grande Shores. It is a nice place, but not superior.. I'll start with the GOOD STUFF.
The PARKING GARAGE. We were able to park on the same level as our room for the entire trip.

MAID SERVICE. Probably the best maid service I've experience at M.B. Overall a very clean place. Rooms, garage, grounds,pools are clean.

POOLS/RIVERS. Great views while floating on the rooftop river and it is used less than the downstairs (outdoor) pool area. The indoor pool area is nice also-even though the kids mushroom waterfall did not work. The whirlpools are super hot-practically unbearable at times. One other guest made the comment he was sure if somone dove to the bottom there would be lobsters. The indoor whirlpool is huge-would seat 20+ easy. The rooftop whirlpools are smaller and right outside other guest's rooms.

STAFF. Staff is friendly. Tickets to some area attractions are available at the front desk.
Every day the staff was grilling hamburgers poolside. Not sure of the$$, did buy one.

LOCATION-DRIVING. Proximty to 17 and resturant row is good (only took 3 minutes to get there). Only about 5 minutes to get to Broadway. Go to 79th st and you can go directly across to the 17 bypass. Easy to navigate in and out from the feeder streets.
LOCATION-BEACH. To the left of Grande Shore is a residential section. Good and bad. It is fairly quiet at night. This also mean there are no bright spotlights all night on the beach- After 10 or 11pm the pool area lights go out and you can enjoy the night sky.

THE BAD STUFF
We requested a room on the 4th,5th or 6th floor months in advance. We were told they could not honor such request. We had a 3rd floor room. Door looked like it had been kicked in, the door jamb was splilntered. Sliding glass door security device was missing. Requested another room after seeing condition of doors and was told no room was available, but they would have rooms in a few days and would call us when we could move-the call never came. Fortuneatly we did not have any incidents. The brochures and web site indicate in-room safes, this is only for condo units. Safe deposit boxes are available to hotel guests for a $50 refundable fee. I strongly urge you use one for valuables.

PARKING GARAGE. like most parking garages- parking is tight. If you have a large vehicle it can be challenging at times.

PHONES. Something went haywire with the phones. Could not retrieve messages all the time. The last day we could not even place an outgoing call. While checking out I heard this was true for the most of the hotel. Don't know if this is a frequent problem.

LOCATION. Being next to a residential section is one of the reasons we chose Grande Shores. I figured less crowded/less noise. It did not make a difference. Some days were less crowed than others, but as a whole it was just as crowded. One day it was so crowed it was difficult to walk around. The lifeguard service ends where the residential section begins. People will set up umbrellas right in front of others/plot down 2 feet in front of you etc.. In the lifeguard areas this is not allowed so that all can enjoy the view. I realize this is not the hotel's responsibility but thought you should know if you are considering this hotel due to location.

POOLS/WHRIRLPOOL. whirlpool is super hot-almost unbrearable at times. Pools are super chlorinated.

Would I stay here again? Maybe, but it would not be a top choice.

• Stayed: June 2006
6  Thank wildcatfan
Reviewed June 14, 2006

My family loves this place. We stay here every time we go to Myrtle Beach. It's always clean, the people are always nice, and its a great price. I would suggest it to anyone. We have a girls trip every year with my mom, aunt, me and my sisters and our friends. Its great and we can all afford it. We have never had one problem staying here. And, one great thing is its not a real busy area but it is within a very short driving distance to all the good stuff. Well, I hope this has helped!

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank Leslie M
Reviewed June 12, 2006

This was not our first stay at Grande Shores, but as always it was a great one! Great Location, Friendly and helpful Staff, and our room was awesome! As a single mother of four, we need our space when staying in a hotel and the suites here are great. Roomy and well laid out for us to be able to be together without being on top of each other....

6  Thank ladams113
Reviewed June 11, 2006

Spent 3 nights at Grande Shores - June 8, 9, 10, '06. I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness of the property and work ethic shown by hotel staff. Location is excellent - food in the restaurant (baby back ribs) was definitely above average - parking garage is a plus - we had no problems whatsoever during our stay.

Also, we planned to go to Carolina Opry and eat at several restaurants on restaurant row - this is conveniently located to both of these.

• Stayed: June 2006