“Great place and very clean”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #20 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, NC
“Great place and very clean”
Reviewed June 14, 2006

My family loves this place. We stay here every time we go to Myrtle Beach. It's always clean, the people are always nice, and its a great price. I would suggest it to anyone. We have a girls trip every year with my mom, aunt, me and my sisters and our friends. Its great and we can all afford it. We have never had one problem staying here. And, one great thing is its not a real busy area but it is within a very short driving distance to all the good stuff. Well, I hope this has helped!

• Stayed August 2005
7 Thank Leslie M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Gatlinburg, Tennesse
Reviewed June 12, 2006

This was not our first stay at Grande Shores, but as always it was a great one! Great Location, Friendly and helpful Staff, and our room was awesome! As a single mother of four, we need our space when staying in a hotel and the suites here are great. Roomy and well laid out for us to be able to be together without being on top of each other....

6 Thank ladams113
Norton, VA
Reviewed June 11, 2006

Spent 3 nights at Grande Shores - June 8, 9, 10, '06. I was very impressed with the overall cleanliness of the property and work ethic shown by hotel staff. Location is excellent - food in the restaurant (baby back ribs) was definitely above average - parking garage is a plus - we had no problems whatsoever during our stay.

Also, we planned to go to Carolina Opry and eat at several restaurants on restaurant row - this is conveniently located to both of these.

8 Thank KTate63
Reviewed June 10, 2006

My family of five stayed in the two room ocean-view suite. It worked out great for my family. There were two queen beds in one room and a pull out bed in the living room area, and a couch bed. All of my kids got their own bed and that worked out pretty well. The couch bed was a bit lumpy, but my 7 year old did not mind. The room also had a small kitchen complete with cookware and dishes. Probably the only complaint that my wife had was that the counter space was small in the kitchen. The room itself was clean and comfortable.

The hotel is situated on a very nice portion of the North Beach area. The beach was right outside the hotel and the area was very quiet and pleasant. The view from the room was spectacular.

The pool facilities were just right for my kids (ages 13, 10 and 7). Not real big pools, but very well kept. There are pools on the main beach level and also on the upper 7th floor overlooking the ocean.

The parking deck is located in the hotel itself and we never had problems finding a parking space. The walk from the car to the elevators is very short and made it easy to transport luggage to and from the car. The parking deck is a bit tight to maneuver in, but I was able to gingerly get our minivan through it when I needed to.

The maid service was a bit inconsistent. We could almost tell that there were alternating maids on different days. Some did a better job on the room than others. There would be some extra added touches by some maids (i.e., decorative folds on the towels, arranging shoes neatly on the floor, setting my kids' stuffed animals in different poses). Some maids paid more attention to these details than others did.

All in all, this is a great hotel for the price. We would definitely stay there again, but maybe would upgrade to the bigger 3 bedroom suite to get a larger kitchen.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 2, 2006

After reading all the good reviews we were looking forward to staying here. However we were sorely disappointed. On our first full day we were there we came back to find our door propped open and no one inside. We had come back from the beach and noticed the security latch holding our door open to keep from shutting. It looked like housekeeping had come in but never finished cleaning and just left our door open we all of our stuff inside. They had made the bed but never touched the bathroom. My husband called the front desk right away to complain and they said they couldn't understand why that would happen and they would call us back after checking with the housekeeping manager. We never heard back. There is also a safe in the room but that didn't work either. They had told us they were coming in the morning to unlock it but they didn't come until we complained our door was left open and we couldn't use the safe.

Also some other things to be aware of, the bedrooms are in the front of the condos in the 2 room condos which is right next to the main walkway for the floor. So every night and morning we'd get woken up by all the people walking by. There is a parking garage with 7 levels and you could park right next to your room if you are levels 1-7, we were on level 10 but I assume it would be even louder if people were driving by your room while you were trying to sleep. The parking garage is also extremely small and hard to drive in because you can't really see the other cars when you turn the corners, so not a big plus to be able to park by your room if you have to drive all the way up to level 7.

Beware the pools are really small too. The lazy rivers are so small that you are practically bumping into the people in front of you even with only about 3 people in the pool. I will definitely be staying somewhere else on my next visit to Myrtle Beach. There are plenty of other places to choose from that would actually care about their customers.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 1, 2006

This was the first trip to Myrtle Beach that my wife and I thouroughly enjoyed our stay. The hotel was located right at all the places we like to go to. Having an oceanfront room was fantastic and the view of the beach to wake up and look at was breathtaking. The outside pool was refreshing and the bar and grill was nice to have for lunch. All the guest seemed to be enjoying there stay also. Parking very close to our 3rd floor room was definitely a plus. We are already planning a trip back this fall.

• Stayed May 2006
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 9, 2006

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach. We went over Easter Break and the prices couldn't be beat. We paid around $104/night for a 1 bdr condo with an oceanview. The Grande Shores was great!! The room was immaculate. Maid service was A+++++ We stayed in a 1 BD oceanview for our family of 5 and it was roomy enough for the 4 days we were there. It had a Murphy bed and sleeper sofa in the living room. For a one week stay, I would probably get a 2 bedroom. Even though we weren't oceanfront , the oceanview was awesome. I would come back again. The staff was very attentive to all our needs. We had one meal at the on site restaurant---the service was great, the food just ok. The kids meals are free with a paying adult, which is a nice perk. The kids loved all the pool choices they had. The lazy river was one of their favorites. Nice location in a quiet neighborhood. Excellent place!

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member