“A guilty pleasure.”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #15 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 25, 2006

We stayed at Grande Shores this December. What a delight! We love the Myrtle Beach area, and are always looking for a nice place to spend our hard earned time away. Grande Shores fit the bill. The property was very clean. We loved that we could park on the floor we were stayingon, and walk to our room. The front desk people were so nice and very accomodating. When we asked about shows that were open, they volunteered to set it all up for us. Now that is first class service. Our room was kept so clean during our entire stay. We were so pleased with it all. On our way home we joked about Grande Shores being our new guilty pleasure. We are sold! We will be back for our future visits.

5  Thank RipleySC
Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

A TripAdvisor Member
Tega Cay, SC
Reviewed January 23, 2006

This is the 3rd year our Tega Cay Vintage Club has chosen to celebrate New Year's at the Grande Shores.We spend 2 days and 2 nights there in delightful 1, 2, or 3 bdrm condos plus 1 Hospitality room. Each year our crowd has grown; this year we rented 25 condos and everyone was pleased with the brightness, and spaciousness of the rooms.Also the inside parking is a plus! Naz Sarkari is our group contact person and she arranges things for us beautifully without a hitch. The support staff is very helpful. For instance, we needed more amenities in the Hospitality room and in a few hours everything was arranged.Our members enjoyed the restaurant, the quiet location on the beach, the indoor pool and large hot tub, and the grounds to play bocce ball! Naz Sarkari worked with the restaurant manager to provide us with an outstanding New Year's Eve dinner with a choice of 3 premium entrees. What a celebration we had. Now some of our members are requesting that I arrange a golf and theatre outing thru Grande Shores in the near future!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I stayed over New Years and thought if was very nice for the money. $42 for oceanfront can't be beat. The pools and the hot tubs were nice. The staff was friendly and the place was quiet. I will stay again.

6  Thank wolfedc
Reviewed December 18, 2005

My wife, and I, along with our 6-month old stayed at the Grande Shores during the week of Thanksgiving, and the hotel offered very good value and service for the money. We arrived way before check-in time, but our room was ready, and the pack-n-play crib was already in the room. The room was spacious, with an "ocean-view". It looked out over a residential zone, and we had a great view of the water. There was a strong smell of disinfectant in the room, but this dissapated within a few hours. The front desk called about an hour after we checked in to ensure that everything was ok - a nice touch for such a low rate that we paid.

The indoor pool, which we used on several occasions, was clean and never over-crowded. It was heavily chlorinated, however.

As someone who travels to Myrtle Beach several times a year, I can highly recommend the Grande Shores!

7  Thank ZamboniDriver
Reviewed December 8, 2005

I have returned from Grande Shores with 16 golfers. This was our 3rd time staying here. I have booked 10 years straight and should have used this place all 10. Everything is very nice, staff , food location nice and off the main drag. I suggest that you stay above the 7th floors. we had 2 bedroom suites and they were great. Ask for Kathy to arrange all golf stuff she is the best.

Jay Robinson

5  Thank jcr4par
A TripAdvisor Member
Salem, NY
Reviewed December 7, 2005

My golfing group just spent a week at the hotel and were very impressed with the facility.
We were in a three bedroom penthouse suite and found it to be excellent.
The rooms were nice with a TV in each bedroom as well as the main room.
The beds were large and comfortable.
The kitchen area was well furnished with coffee provided every day.
The view of the ocean was spectacular from the huge balcony.
The lodging and golf package was superb and very reasonable.We played 6 premium courses and stayed from Tuesday to Sunday morning for less than 550.00/man.
Highly recommend this hotel for its quality and its value.

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 5, 2005

I have stayed at the Grande Shores four times and it is wonderful. The first time I stayed at the Grande Shores was September 2004. Since I had never stayed here before, I wasn't sure what to expect, but I can assure you, it exceeded my expectations and my daughters in every way.

We got a 2 bedroom/2bath north ocean view condo, and it was beautifully decorated, with a wonderful view of the ocean. It was also immaculate and very spacious.

My husband and I have stayed at the Grande Shores 3 times since my first visit, and I have never been dissapointed. The rooms have always been immaculate, and the maid service is excellent, and you could not ask for a better location.

This is my new place to stay when we are in Myrtle Beach!

8  Thank mmm11