“Clean and nice”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed here last weekend for a quick get-a-way with our daughter and her family who just moved to NC.

It was very clean which is a must for us. There was plenty of room for all of us and having an ocean front was wonderful.

The elevators were fast and everyone was very nice at the resort. We ate breakfast at the hotel one day and it was good.

I would stay there again if we ever go back to Myrtle Beach.

Kathy

10  Thank NathansGrandma
Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed June 25, 2005

My wife and I just returned home from Myrtle Beach and stayed at Grande shores we stayed in a 1-bedroom condo or a 2-room suite, and it was huge!

Everything about this resort was awesome, we have been to Myrtle Beach several times over the last few years and this was the first time at the Grande Shores, but will not be the last for sure. One thing I really noticed when staying at other resorts was elevators, it always took forever, However at the Grande Shores it seemed very quick every time to get an elevator. It is right next to a residential neighborhood so the beach to the north was never crowed and always easy to get a good spot to setup chairs, towels, ect. As well as take a nice leisurely walk.

The condo rooms where awesome and looked very new, nothing outdated or worn down. We enjoyed our time so much we have decided to go back the 2nd week in August and bring our children (4 and 9 months) along with my brother in law and sister in law. We booked a 2 bedroom condo for the return trip, we looked at one before booking at it was even bigger with an even bigger kitchen they also have 3 bedroom condo's there as well. I highly recommend this resort to everyone.

• Stayed: June 2005
10  Thank vikes80fan
Washington, DC
Reviewed June 3, 2005

This place does not take reservations from people under 25. Apparantly, it's ok for a 24 year old like myself to fight for his country in Afghanistan but not be allowed to book a hotel room. I can understand the owners (I was told its family owned) not wanting 18-20 year olds going crazy and underage drinking, but under 25...give me a break.

Stayed: June 2005
14  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 26, 2005

Grande Shores was a pleasant experience. It is in a quiet neighborhood. It has two outdoor pools, one indoor pool, several jacuzzies, and two lazy river pools. The room itself was average. The only thing that was poorly designed about the hotel was the parking garage.

7  Thank mustangmarc
Princeton, West Virginia
Reviewed May 18, 2005

My wife, our two boys and I spent 3 wonderful nights at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. The room was a North Ocean View 2 bedroom condo located on the 12th floor. Wow, what a view. The room was spotless and well decorated. It had plenty of room and was fully furnished with all our needs. The pools and lazy rivers were warm, clean and well maintained. The hot tubs,"HOT". The snack bar made delicious hamburgers and hot dogs. The staff, well they were also polite. Every staff member asked me how I was doing and if we needed anything. I delt with a very wonderful lady, Nivi Shroff. She is Director Of Quality Control & Home Owner Operations. I spoke with her a time or two concerning some questions I had. She answered my questions quickly and honestly. The resort is lucky to have a lady like Nivi Shroff. The resturant is very clean and the food is delicious. We rate the resort, Excellent. If their was a higher rating we would rate it higher. We will go back to the Grande Shores Ocean Resort later in the year for a longer stay. A week or even longer. The staff and resort made us feel at home. They made our trip a wonderful vacation to remember.Thanks to everyone at the Grande Shores Ocean Resort.

16  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Kentucly
Reviewed May 12, 2005

We just returned home from our stay at the Grande Shores. We loved everything!!! I don't recommend going the second week of May, though, if you are wanting HOT weather. It stayed mostly 75 during the hottest part of the day and the nights were cool (high 50's and low 60's). Anyway, back to the motel......We stayed in a 2 bedroom condo for four nights. This came equipped with a fully stocked kitchen, 2 bedrooms/bathrooms and a living room/dining room combo. Our room was #324, so it was on the lower level like I have read some other people talking about. But, I found this room very new and clean. No kidding. We couldn't ask for better. Our only complaint, and this is petty, is that we had to turn on the water in the bathtubs for about 5 minutes to get hot water. But no big deal. We at first thought our hot water was out so we called the front desk. No longer than 2 minutes went by and maintaince called and told us that because of the time of year that we went that there was not a lot of people on our floor so no hot water had been pumping up there, which makes perfect since. Then 5 min. later he even called back to make sure we did have the hot water. As a matter of fact, any time we called they always called back to make sure that everything was perfect for our stay. I LOVED IT THERE. It definately made the 12 long hours we drove there worth it.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed March 29, 2005

Nice hotel, right on the beach, great rate but everyday either a hot tub, pool or lazy river was not working. The 6th floor pool was never working our 7 days there. The March break students ruined a nice vacation at a family type hotel. We'd had enough and left one day early. Even with a 24 hour notice, NO refunds. We won't go back.

• Stayed: March 2005