“I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely return.”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #20 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“I was very pleased with my stay and would definitely return.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My sister and I did a last minute getaway. This hotel is super nice. All of the staff was friendly. I liked that it was very open so it didn't seem crowded. I would really like to go back there with my family.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank SJWAWB
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
I was happy to see your last minute visit with your sister was so positive and especially glad to see you want to return with your family. We will do our very best every time you visit to guarantee you leave ready to return. Thank you so much for taking time to review Grande Shores and for choosing us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 16, 2014

Our baseball team was in town for the Ripken Experience and we could not have been happier! What an awesome time we had a Grande Shores. Everyone was so incredibly friendly and the location could not have been more ideal. The staff was helpful and courteous addressing any concerns that anyone on the team had. Between the beach and the pools our kids were so tired every night from all that there was to do that bed time was no problem :) . We would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend it to others.

Room Tip: 1 bedroom condos have a very tight kitchen so if you plan on cooking a lot definitely worth booking...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Lori, it was a great pleasure reading your review. We enjoy seeing Ripken families at our resorts. It means so much knowing you and your group had such a positive experience at Grande Shores. I believe you also supplied our sales department with some amazing photos of your team on the beach. Watch our Facebook page and you will see them soon. Again, thank you for sharing with other Trip Advisor visitors and for choosing and recommending us.
Reviewed June 16, 2014

The cleanliness of the room was average; however, could have been better (tile floors looked and felt unclean). The room we stayed in was in need of updating (a bit dingy) and the bed was comfortable enough, but too soft for me. A microwave would have been nice. The rooms location (and view) met expectations. Service of staff was excellent. For the money, this was a great place to stay.

1 Thank Debra D
Thank you for reviewing Grande Shores. I apologize you had some housekeeping issues. I was pleased to see you felt Grande Shores was a good value and you enjoyed our location and felt our resort was a good value. I do hope you will return and give us the privilege of serving you again. We would love to see you become part of our Grande Shores family.
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

Grande Shores could use a lot of updating. The rooms are very basic. Room didn't have a microwave and had a dingy appearance. Even an older hotel can be kept clean. I definitely won't be returning to Grande Shores!!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank lantiff
I was so very sorry to see your review. Normally a guest will find aspects of Grande Shores pleasing even if they are disappointed with others. I am very sorry you did not feel that way. We do manage a number of hotels in the area and would be pleased if you would allow us the opportunity to find you a better fit. Thank you for your review and please call on us if you would like our assistance in the future as you book your vacation in Myrtle Beach.
dayton ohio
Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you want an ocean view with steps to the sand, and a family friendly room arrangement with excellent pricing, go here. Like, now. I promise you wont be disappointed. Less expensive than other hotels, but not less attentive. Full service staff, full service view and access to the beach without all the dollar signs! Sounds good to me.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank kairacastle
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this review, June 14, 2014
Thank you Kairacastle. So happy to see you felt you got a great deal and great service at Grande Shores. We certainly agree with your feelings, as you might expect we would, but hearing it from a happy guests means so much. We come to work (if you can call being on the oceanfront work) everyday wanting to do our very best for our guests. Many members of our staff have been part of the Grande Shores team for over 10 years, so you can see we are dedicated to our resort. Thank you for your kind words and for sharing with Trip Advisor visitors. Happy traveling until you return.
Tennessee
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We reserved a three bedroom oceanfront condo. When we arrived at the hotel the outside exterior looked okay but not what we expected. The front desk staff was very friendly also. We was aware that this resort was a older property compared to its sister properties but while on our way to the room the hotels exterior corridors looked very old and dated. When we arrived at the room our condo was actually hidden behind a door that said " fire room keep door closed" and the hallway behind that door was dark and dingy looking.which was a turnoff from the start. When we entered the condo it was smaller than we anticipated and the tile floors in the living room looked like they had not been mopped in months. The condo looked very old and smelled and looked like it hadn't had a proper cleaning. The beds came off the frame when you sat on them and the tv in the living room would not work. Even though I realize most of the condo rentals are owned by owners this condo really needs to have some updated renovations done. We ended up going to the front desk and speaking to a manager and she was very understanding and apologetic and offered us a room at a newer sister property at no additional charge. Even though this condo didn't meet our standards the management at this resort did an outstanding Job and they proved to us that they are genuinely concerned about the happiness of their guests. Please don't let my review detour you from staying at grande shores because it is not a bad resort, it is older but reasonably priced, and they have a wonderful staff that works hard to ensure their guest are pleased with their stay, the oceanfront was beautiful but unfortunely this condo didn't work for us.

6 Thank tntt
Tritt, I am sorry you did not find Grande Shores to your liking but I do appreicate your kind words concerning the staff and how your transfer to our sister property was handled. For us, at the end of the day, what matters is making people happy. I am pleased to see our night manager made this happen for you. I also appreicate your kind words about our resort and staff. That means a great deal to us. Please return to us on your next visit. We will be awaiting your return.
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The room was great and the price was great. This hotel is older and a little dated but overall it met our expectations. The hot tubs were not all working properly, but other than that there really isn't anything negative to say about our visit. We would definitely stay again and I would recommend to others.

1 Thank markus720
Thank you Marcus for your nice review. I am sorry one of our hot tubs was down for repair. We do not like to have this happen. I am happy to see you enjoyed our other pools and spas. I do feel we offer a great value for family vacationing. Please return soon and often!