“Nice place to stay”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed in a oceanfront hotel room on this trip. It was very clean, beautifully decorated room. The grounds were very nice although since it was the first week of March there wasn't much in bloom but what was there was nice. The roof top pool and lazy river along with the hot tubs appeared to be very clean. The staff was very friendly. Parking in the garage was nice and convenient to the room I stayed in.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Kathy, you have certainly mentioned all the best features of Grande Shores and we truly appreicate your comments and sharing with other Trip Advisor travelers. We have a great staff and every day we work hard to create happy guests as yourself. Thank you again for being our guest and happy traveling until we see you again.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,461)

Reviewed March 5, 2014

77th Ave. N. is great. Not in the bustle but close enough to feel like you are part of Myrtle Beach. I especially like the opportunity to drive right inside. Unloading the car is easy, the car is safe and right there when needed. There is someone always available at the front desk for questions or concerns.

Room Tip: For our month stay, the washer and dryer in the room was a must. The only thing I didn't think...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

So nice to see you enjoyed the Grande Shores. You are right in saying our location is great. This is truly the most beautiful area in Myrtle Beach. Thank you for your great comment and please remember us on your next visit to our city.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

My Dad and I take very short vacations because of his age and health. I had never been to Myrtle Beach, so we decided to go. We really enjoyed all the ammenities in the condo we stayed in. My Dad smokes cigars and we were very pleased to find a place that could accomodate. When you're 89 and are limited to activities, it is nice to be able to do what you want. We will return and stay there again (God willing)! Some reviews have complaints of needed repairs. They were currently renovating and painting while we were there.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

It was really great to see you and your father had a great visit at Grande Shores. It means a lot to us! Thank you for choosing us and I hope you and your father can return soon. I will make sure our staff reads your comments. They love knowing they made a difference. Thank you again.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I visited with other family for a long weekend. This was my second time at the resort. This trip we had ants in our first room and were relocated to a second room immediately. However, we noticed ants in the second room on our departure day. Overall the property needs attention, especially a deep cleaning in the rooms. There was an extensive pile of crumbs between the countertop and stove/oven (source of the ants?), as well as flaking paint, paper towel used to level the stove, missing light bulbs in the bathroom, and caked on caulking. While it seems trivial (and honestly is somewhat trivial), all of those items contribute to making the rooms and property look unsightly. You can't beat the location with numerous restaurants, grocery stores, and bars within half a mile. The bar at the resort is quaint, if not kind of quirky.

I hope management gives some attention to the property beyond another coat of paint. The different between this being a 3 star location and 4 is the attention to detail that seems lacking.

Room Tip: Avoid second floor on the side of the building as it is directly above the exhaust for the restauran...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank J R
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Thank you for being a return guest and for taking the time to comment on your stay. I do sincerely apologize that you had ants in your hotel room. We do have a contract with a professional pest control company and they service our rooms monthly. Given this information I will make sure they take action right away. I do want you to know that we have been in the process of entering every condo and hotel room at Grande Shores to do just as you suggested. We are taking care of all the details and what we call our Preventive Maintenance will be completed in the next few weeks. We are also going room to room in our hotel section and doing the same thing along with new draperies, artwork and bedding. We are very excited about these improvement and I am sure our repeat guest will notice a big difference. I do hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Again, thank you and please return soon.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

This was my second trip to the Grande Shores and not much has changed since our last visit in 2010. First off the location is fabulous! It's right on the beach, walking distance to the grocery store and many restaurants and shops. We received great service from all the staff and we enjoyed the Shoreline Café for happy hour!! The property itself just looks tired. I understand these hotels take a beating from the salty air, but there was just something about it that made it seem like it needs attention (more that just a fresh coat of paint). After our first night we asked to change rooms because we found ants in the bathroom and the gal at the front desk handled this professionally and promptly. I was also surprised that this place makes you pay a deposit at the time of booking.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OhMissO
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you for your review and for choosing Grande Shores. I am pleased to see you enjoyed many aspects of your visit, such as our location and staff. I will also make sure the staff in Shoreline hears you enjoyed spending happy hour with them. Please know we are in the process of going thru all of our hotel rooms to fine tune all aspects of the room and in a few weeks we will be receiving new draperies and bedding. I know this attention and new elements will go a long way in making that part of Grande Shores a great place to vacation. Our condo owners are investing in draperies and new bedspreads as well. We have almost finished going thru all the condos to make sure everything is just so for our guests. I certainly hope you will return to Grande Shores to see these improvements. Again, thank you and happy traveling.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Miriam B
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at this location a number of times over probably 8 years, and the last several times I noticed it is in need of some repair. I stayed in an efficiency unit in early December, and since I was traveling alone, I did not need much in the amenities department. I changed rooms after checking in due to a couple of things. One, I could see daylight under the door through a gap of about an inch. I also noticed that the sliding glass door would not lock, nor could it be pinned with the night lock. After changing rooms, I noticed the HVAC unit had a piece that had come loose and was laying on the deck outside. The shower curtain had been re-mounted, but was again sagging and about to come down...it needed some wall anchors, and I found some ants on the bathroom floor. The television was decent, but the guide did not match the right channels. Great location, and I'll probably stay there again, but it badly needs some attention.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ReturnTraveler

Thank you for being such a loyal guest and please accept our apology that you had difficulties during your last visit. We are going through our hotel rooms now taking care of all the details that make for a great stay. We do pay close attention to our guest comments. We do believe we will have great hotel rooms to offer this season, especially with our new draperies and bedding that should arrive anytime. As a past guest you will see a great improvement during your next stay. Again, thank you for your review and loyalty.