“Value! View and Kitchen”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #16 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed January 4, 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Miriam B
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

There are newer reviews for Grande Shores Ocean Resort

Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have stayed at this location a number of times over probably 8 years, and the last several times I noticed it is in need of some repair. I stayed in an efficiency unit in early December, and since I was traveling alone, I did not need much in the amenities department. I changed rooms after checking in due to a couple of things. One, I could see daylight under the door through a gap of about an inch. I also noticed that the sliding glass door would not lock, nor could it be pinned with the night lock. After changing rooms, I noticed the HVAC unit had a piece that had come loose and was laying on the deck outside. The shower curtain had been re-mounted, but was again sagging and about to come down...it needed some wall anchors, and I found some ants on the bathroom floor. The television was decent, but the guide did not match the right channels. Great location, and I'll probably stay there again, but it badly needs some attention.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank ReturnTraveler

Thank you for being such a loyal guest and please accept our apology that you had difficulties during your last visit. We are going through our hotel rooms now taking care of all the details that make for a great stay. We do pay close attention to our guest comments. We do believe we will have great hotel rooms to offer this season, especially with our new draperies and bedding that should arrive anytime. As a past guest you will see a great improvement during your next stay. Again, thank you for your review and loyalty.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have stayed at this property several times, and it never disappoints. Not the flashiest property, but with the location and amenities for a very pleasant stay. Winter prices are amazing- we stayed again in an oceanfront suite - even on the 10th floor you can hear the ocean. Nice view up the beach. Walking distance to grocery store, shopping, drugstore, etc. 5 minutes to the Carolina Opry / Pirates' Voyage. Our rooms have always been clean and well-appointed. Beds comfortable. TVs good quality. Free hi-speed wireless internet. Yes, there's some visible wear, but nothing stays new forever. I like the indoor parking and indoor pool in the winter We have stayed at several higher-end properties but see no reason to spend the extra $$$.

Room Tip: if not oceanfront, views are better from north side of the building.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank ChooseToThrive

Thank you for your positive review and for being a return guest at Grande Shores. Off season is a great time for traveling to Grande Shores and for our team in housekeeping and engineering as they make improvements to our common areas and rooms. We certainly agree that our location is the most beautiful in Myrtle Beach. We hope to have you again soon. Don't forget spring is an amazing time to visit and our rates are great during that time as well. Thanks again!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I could not find the great hotel that I read in tripadvisor reviews. Who wrote those reviews? the management? I found a hotel in desperated need of renovation. My room was run down, dirty arm chair, bedspreads and carpet. But I know that the beach is sandy so some the dirt comes from sand but dirty bedspreads? Few electrical outlets that I had to move the coffee machine to the bathroom to plug in so we could have am coffee. Refrigerator was good size, stove with oven but don't try to cook anything because no bakeware or detergent to clean your dishes. I have stayed in many hotels over the years but this place is one the the worse one I have seen. It had a good view of the beach but you can get that at any hotel. My best advice is take your money to another hotel and enjoy your Myrtle Beach stay. I won't be back here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Connie C
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Our management team is very sorry to read your review. We take our guest satisfaction seriously and never want a guest checking out so disappointed. I wish we could have addressed your concerns while you were staying at Grande Shores. We have many unit types and in almost all cases can find the right fit for our guests by simply moving rooms. Trip Advisor is a great travel review site and we take our reviews seriously, good and bad. Again, we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. We do have condo units at Grande Shores and manage several other properties in the area. We would be happy to assist in finding just the right fit for you. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

since around 2008 my husband and i have had our thanksgiving near the ocean and grande shores is our favorite, we now have two grandchildren and it"s great to see the look on their faces when they see the ocean,we always have the same great condo, it's always clean and well stocked with kitchen supplies it's a home away from home... can't wait until thanksgiving 2014!!! we'll hopefully be there again...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sharon c
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Thank you Sharon for your past business and your great review. We really need loyal guests like yourself and we appreciate you taking the time to share your Grande Shores experience with Trip Advisor visitors. Thanksgiving at the beach is special. Have a great New Year and thank you again for your review and recommending us to your friends. It does mean a lot to us!!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was a pleasure to stay in one of the ocean from rooms. I was put up on the 5th floor, so the view was pretty good. One of the best parts of staying in this room was the early morning sun warming the room with the sound of the waves so distinct. The hotel can definitely do much more in terms of cleanliness but that did not matter much as it was just a one night at the hotel.

Room Tip: stay as high as possible to enjoy a good view. Your room will be confirmed on arrival. so turn in th...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ano0810

Thank you for your review and for choosing Grande Shores. Our oceanfront hotel rooms really do offer great views. We are happy to see you enjoyed those beautiful sun rises. I will also pass along your comments on cleanliness. We do not like seeing we disappointed in this area but will do additional inspections to assure we do no miss anything in the future. Again, thank you and Happy New Year to you and your family!!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Grande Shores is my favorite place to stay at Myrtle Beach (MB). I have been a guest there many times over the years and it feels like home. The location is great because it is next to a residential area, so there are no high-rise buildings to block your view when you are staying in an ocean-view room. They, of course, have ocean-front rooms because they are right on the beach, so you can walk right from the hotel onto the beach without having to worry about traffic. And, there is a really nice public access area right beside the hotel that makes it easy to load your sand buckets into your trunk before entering the multi-level, parking garage. The garage, however, makes it nice to have your car on the same floor as your room as long as you are not higher than the 7th floor. It is in the northern part of MB which is away from the crowds which makes it more peaceful...and, I like that. The beach-front pool and lazy river are nice, but the 7th floor pool terrace is amazing with 4 hot tubs, a pool, and another lazy river. There's just something special about being able to play in the water and overlook the ocean from that height. If the weather is too cold to swim outside, there is the indoor pool, hot tub, and kiddie pool. The staff are always friendly and helpful and go over and above the call of duty to make your stay pleasant. When we had to call about the toilet not flushing well, Dusty came and fixed it in just a few minutes and did a magic trick for my grandson. We usually have picnics when we come to the beach, but I remember having a delicious breakfast at the Shoreline Cafe during one of our stays. I look forward to my next stay at Grande Shores. I'm never disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TWall333
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

It means a great deal to us knowing you feel so at home at Grande Shores. Of course, we feel the Grande Shores is the best but hearing it from a guests makes us feel really great. Our staff does work very hard everyday hoping we can create a great environment for our guests. Thank you for choosing us and thank you for your great review. We hope to have the privilege of serving you again very soon.