“Great Facility”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #15 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The facility is clean and inviting, the staff are great and housekeeping are very helpful. My trips to this facility have been nothing but good and I look forward to my next visit. The best thing is that the area is relatively quiet, but it is not too far from any of the area activities. I highly recommend the Grande Shores Ocean Resort.

Room Tip: Stay in a condo, it is much like a home setting.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mackey D
GMSeasideResorts, Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you Mackey D. We really need guests like you recommending us to your friends. Thank you for your comments and for your business. It means a lot to us. Happy Holidays to you and your family!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,470)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

The grande Shores offers great oceanfront rooms with plenty of room and a great balcony on the ocean. We stayed for a couple of days on a quick get away and loved the service and room. The staff was fantastic and the amenities were great for the price. Will return on out next stay in Myrtle beach.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank photojdoc
GMSeasideResorts, Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

We are very happy to see you checked out with plans to returnt to Grande Shores. We are proud of our resort and appreicate you taking the time to review on Trip Advisor. We are busy making improvement to the resort and hope to have you return soon to enjoy them. Thank you

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I made reservations and then read reviews. There were a couple that were not so favorable, so I called and talked to the Manager. She was so nice, and assured me that the issue was a NON ISSUE. and I know from my travels that there are always people complaining about everything. We were very satisfied with our accommodations. We had a three bedroom Condo unit, OCEAN SIDE. I was able to go to sleep with the waves crashing to shore every night of our stay. So calming and relaxing. We ate breakfast at their Café one morning, and it was a very good breakfast. If we had any problems, all we had to do was call the front desk and it was taken care of. The elevators were FAST and always available. We thoroughly enjoyed out week in Myrtle Beach, even though the temperatures were a little cool. the Beach was clean and wonderful to walk on. they have several pools and hot tubes, due to the cool weather, we only got in the hot tubs, but they were quite relaxing. I would definitely recommend this place whole heartedly. Thank you Grand Shores!

Room Tip: 1138 Was awesome! High up, good view; wonderful ocean breeze and sounds.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Patti H
GMSeasideResorts, Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2013

I am happy one of our managers was able to set your mind at ease and you chose Grande Shores. You mentioned so many of our best ementites and I am also happy to know you enjoyed your time with us. We are constantly listening to our guests feed back and taking their comments very seriously whether they are good or sometimes not so good. We need to hear from everyone so we can continue improving our resort. Of course, it makes for a happier day to read a comment like yours. It mean so much knowing you left with plans to return. Thank you so much for taking the time to review Grande Shores! We do appreciate you very much.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I are regular customers of Grande Shores but this time we also took my cousin and his wife - their first experience staying at Grande Shores.

The reason I stated a few quirks is because of the following issues - but - I will still say Grande Shores is a great place to stay

I had originally made my reservations in September for a 3 night stay - but later changed that to a 5 night stay two days before our arrival. Housekeeping does not service the room for a 3 night stay but does for a 5 night stay - unfortunately - the change of nights of stay didn't get changed in the computer system for housekeeping - so needless to say we had issues with lack of housekeeping which made a bad impression on the cousins - but - as that I am a constant visitor - on the 3rd day of our stay I requested to see the manager on duty - Kate - who graciously apologized and explained it was an error on their part - that when the reservation was changed the info for housekeeping was not and Kate gave us complimentary breakfast for the inconvenience.

There were also issues with hot water - keep in mind we are visiting in October, not a busy time of the year for this resort - and it is an older resort - in order to get hot water in our showers, sinks on the 5th floor 2 bedroom condo - we had to let the water run anywhere from 3 to 5 minutes - sadly a waste of water just to get the hot water flowing through the pipes everyday - but at least we did get hot water.

And the Jacuzzi's - the indoor Jacuzzi must need a new heater for the water temp in it was cooler than the hot water we could get in our room - there was one Jacuzzi on the 7th floor that was very hot which was great but the others were just luke warm.

One thing I will say about this resort is when you let the front desk know of a need it's addressed immediately - we had to had 2 lights replaced and a door hinge repaired - all done within moments of notifying the front desk.

We also spoke with some of the condo property owners while at the 7th floor Jacuzzi and they requested we ask for their rooms on our next stay so we could report issues in their rooms if need be - they prefer folks report problems instead of just complaining about them on Trip Advisor and I agree.

This is an older property - but - if there is a problem in your room instead of complaining negatively - ask for the repair - Grande Shores staff are great on making sure your issues are addressed and resolved - this even incudes Jacuzzi temperatures - the only way their staff will know there are problems is if you notify the front desk or managers on duty.

All in all Grande Shores is a great property - love the fact there are so many choices for Jacuzzi location, pool location and it's located at the end of a long strip of hotels in a quiet neighborhood. This was our 4th stay this year alone at this property and we will return in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank vhash77

We do appreciate your loyalty to Grande Shores. Our staff is really great about taking care of any issues and always work hard to minimize any difficulties for our guests. I will make sure the staff knows they made a difference. I will also make sure our spas are checked to guarantee they are warm enough. Our 7th floor pool area with it's 4 spas is certainly one of the favorite areas of Grande Shores. Thank you for your review. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

This condo has nice amenities and great views. It's definitely an older, covers-the-bases type condo that in no way is luxurious, but is good value for the money. It was nice to have a separate living room and kitchen, but the walls between the bedroom and the outside walkway were thin enough that we heard anyone walking by when trying to sleep. We very much enjoyed the hot tubs overlooking the ocean on the 7th floor - great way to end the day!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 10th floor on the north side - fantastic view of the natural area (aka no other...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ekmcler

I am very pleased to see you felt there was great value received at Grande Shores and that the amentities helped you relax and enjoy your vacation. That's what it's all about. Every year our homeowners add additional elements to their condos in order to improve our guests experiences. Right now our engineering department is going to each condo to paint and take care of anything that would detract from a guest's enjoyment. We love improving the resort! Please return on your next trip to Myrtle Beach and I am sure you will see areas of improvement. Thank you for your business and your review!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Since this was my first stay at the Grand Shores I was not prepared for the cleanliness and friendliness of this business. The rooms are spacious and very well appointed. The staff is friendly and quick to handle any request. I would definitely recommend staying here. I certainly will in the future!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Cynthia A
GMSeasideResorts, Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Cynthia, I am so happy to see you were pleased with your first stay at Grande Shores. We really appreicate you and pleased you chose Grande Shores. We know there are many choices along Ocean Boulevard. I will make sure our staff sees your comment. It will make them happy to know their efforts made a difference. Thank you for the review. Return soon and often!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the resort. The party on the lawn below our balcony was very enjoyable. The staff was friendly, helpful, and respectful. Our room was clean and comfortable. Having the option of parking on the same level as our room was a definite plus! We look forward to staying here in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Donna C
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review! We love it when a guest uses the word "great" to describe their experience at Grande Shores. We also know time is precious, so the time you took sharing your experience on Trip Advisor means a lot to our staff. We share our comments with staff so they can learn from them. We will be sure to share yours. I am sure it will make them smile. Thank you again for being our guest!