“Good resort for the price.”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed in an ocean view suite on the tenth floor and the view was nice and the room was nice and clean. The hotel is older with slower elevators. The room had been updated with flat screens and new appliances. Better than some other resorts we have stayed and the price was reasonable.

1  Thank D S

Reviewed June 25, 2013

The "grande" part of Grande Shores in my opinion was the pool, lazy river and just about everything else outside. Each is well maintained and pleasant, as are the staff. Our condo however showed a little wear and tear. While all the appliances worked, and were clean, the washer/dryer for example is an over/under so you can only wash or dry, not both at the same time. The shower took more than a few minutes to warm up, but the water pressure was good and the bathroom was clean. We don't go to the beach to stay in our condo, so our 2 BR was fine. The restaurant package isn't worth it - its the same buffet every day, and you're not getting a discount by buying the package (a better breakfast could be bought cheaper nearby). And, the restaurant closes between breakfast (which ended at 11) and happy hour that starts at 4. Then closes again after happy hour at 7. Why have a restaurant if it's not available for lunch and dinner?

Room Tip: Don't get the sideview room above the registration desk, there's a light that shines right i...
1  Thank Lisa B
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

I was pleased to see you enjoyed our amentities and staff. We do believe we have the best people working at our resort. Some have been here for over 10 years and love hospitality and it shows. I will have to check on the restaurant closing time. We typically close around 9:00pm but will check on your comment that mentions 7:00pm. Our condo are privately owned and some homeowners have upgraded more than others but they all have new couches, chairs, and flat screen just recently installed. Our reservaiton department can help you with our more upgraded units when you reserve again. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review Grande Shores.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Booked in January a 2 bedroom condo but had to change in May to a one bedroom. Went by the reviews on FB - was that a mistake!!! Our "condo" had a door coming apart that led into the living room, there was a brown stain above the tub area, one tile was loose and every time you went from the bedroom it made a noise, the shelves in the refrigerator door all were broken but one. The noise from the other rooms was loud - every time they turned on their water we heard it and every time they had on their tv we heard it. But the worst was because the door wasn't properly insulated so we heard howling wind all night long!!! On Thursday they unloaded 2 bus loads at 7pm and it took us 15 minutes to find stairs after waiting 10 minutes for a elevator to get to our room! And the activities for kids - the pool games consisted of getting 6 kids in a circle with one in the middle to play keep away and the activities director was gone!! We contacted them and we should have come in a less busy time and the noise wouldn't be so bad - I don't care when we came with the poorly insulated walls and the poorly insulated door nothing would have changed. And oh they talk to the activities director about my concern for the pool games. And BEST of all they said next time we may want to book the hotel beside them because their condos are more upscale!!! What according to FB yours are a 5 - And that brings me to my last point post anything negative on FB and they remove it so now I know why on FB all the reviews are so great!

2  Thank Ray L
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

We certainly regret that Grande Shores was not the right fit for you. We manage a number of resorts and we do refer our guests to one of our other resorts in hopes we can help them find a place that would make them happy. That is why I mentioned our other property to you when we communicated after your check out. We never want to leave a guest feeling we do not care and do what we can to assist them in finding the right spot for them. We rely on comments from our guests to improve. As I expresses in earlier communication, I am sorry Grande Shores was not a resort you would choose to return to. I do hope you will return to Myrtle Beach and hope you find the perfect spot for you and your family. Thank you for taking the time to review our resort.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The only good things I can say about this place....(1) the pools were nice and (2) our room had a great view. We were told when we booked our stay that this place had been renovated a few years ago. The woodwork looked like it was missed during those renovations! The bed creaked everytime you moved, when it rained water ran down the wall. The bathroom was small and the carpet felt like it hadn't been cleaned in a while. Hotel management offered to put us in another room on the 6th floor but we declined feeling all the rooms would be in the same condition. Just wanted this vacation to be over.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wearytraveler0111

We always appreicate hearing from our guests even when reading a less than positive review. I do wish you would have taken the option offered to you to see one of our other rooms. We can usually find the right fit for a guest, but I understand moving to a different room can be an inconvenience. Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My three girls and I had a wonderful vacation experience at the Grande Shores. We were in an ocean front room on the first floor. Our sliding glass door opened up to the pool and lazy river. It was so convenient and really made our trip that much better. I highly recommend the Grande Shores Ocean Resort. I would love to go there again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Suzanne950
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

It means a lot to see you and your family enjoyed your time at Grande Shores. We hope you will be able to return soon.

Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I with our 2 kids and my parents stayed in one of the 2 bedroom rooms with a full kitchen. We had a blast. The room looked great, was very clean and comfortable. Parking garage is built into the hotel so if you are staying on the 4 th floor, you are still able to drive and park right outside your room. The kids activities were also a good entertainment for the kids.

Rates were very reasonable considering all the amenities. My wife loved the full kitchen which allowed us to stay on a tighter budget, by fixing breakfast at the room and sandwiches for lunch and since there was a washer and dryer in the room our laundry was being done while we were on the beach so there will be no going home with suitcases full of dirty clothes, my wife especially liked this.

We enjoyed the stay so much we checked to see if we could extend our stay 1 more day and the front desk made it happen. I recommend this hotel to anyone bring there family to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Audiovisu
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My friend introduced me to the Grande Shores 9 years ago...we go every year for long weekends. Great location...great staff. Love the rooftop pools and hot tubs. The rooms are clean and priced great. Kid friendly hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank KWP0622
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for being such a loyal guest! We wish all our guests could enjoy our resort twice a year. It means a lot to us knowing we have earned your business for such a long time. Always know we have some really great managers who have been with the resort for up to 10 years and they are very devoted to making sure our guests are happy. If anything does need special attention, please know you can call on us. Have a beautiful summer and we look forward to your second visit later this year.