“It was a nice visit.”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #15 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 1, 2012

For a holiday week end there were no activities for the guest, and the quality of the food was below par.the maintenance people were friendly.glad there was security provided to ensure our safety.that is all I have to say.

• Stayed: November 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,469)

Reviewed November 29, 2012

Paid through the nose for labor day getaway "OCEANFRONT". LAUGHER. Our room was set back behind another building with a loud noisy kid and drunk filled lazy river on top of that building 2 floors under our "private" balcony. No ice, no working phone to the outside world (you could call the front desk and be ignored). Big flat screen TV stuck with snowy picture in the living room. The ocean was not visible for the 90 degrees to the right of our balcony as the entire view to the right was obstructed by their own building. Asked to be moved but were basically scoffed at.
1st time in my life I ever challenged a credit card bill. This place sucks.

Room Tip: To get a good room select another hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank frank j
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

I was very unhappy and surprised that this past guest checked out feeling so negatively about Grande Shores. We work very hard every day creating an environment that would make our guests want to return year after year. I am very sorry this guest did not have that experience.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I love coming to grande shores. The rooms are clean and the staff is wonderful. Would recommend it to everyone. The atmosphere is wonderful all year round. The new boardwalk is a great addition to an already great place

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were part of a group that visited Myrtle Beach in April 2012. We stayed at Grande Shores and had a good time. The accomodations we had were a little tired but clean. The hotel was great and the staff very helpful. The lazy river and pool were great. The beach was clean but the weather was cool and the water cold. Enjoyed several days of golf and the girls had a good time visiting the local shops.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on the north side or east side so you have a view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 13, 2012

It’s been a while since my wife and I had been to Myrtle Beach. Our last stay at the Grand Shores was memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. I must say, however, things have improved… greatly. I’ve had a number of communications with the GM who, evidently, realized that there was truth in my claims and that I’m not just another cranky old man; though that may be true. There have been many, many improvements since our last stay. Besides a fresh coat of paint and some new chairs and awnings, I’ve noticed that the vast majority of their efforts have been directed towards structural and mechanical issues. These are the things that the vast majority of people take for granted and don’t notice until something goes wrong.

As an SC licensed building inspector, I can attest to the difficulty of maintaining any commercial property; let alone one of this age, size, and especially one situated right on the ocean front. They have done an excellent job. My compliments to Debbie and her crew: Well done.

For those who’ve never stayed here before, I urge you to give it a try. It’s clean, quiet, reasonably priced and neither too close nor too far from the bustling crowd of downtown Myrtle Beach. Even though it’s 25 miles from Brookgreen Gardens, which is the primary reason we visit Myrtle Beach, for us it’s well worth the inconvenience, and the only place we’ll stay on our semi-annual visits to the area.

Enjoy your stay. God bless.

Room Tip: My wife and I like ocean front rooms on the 3rd floor or above. It’s a bit quieter when the hotel is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

I was so pleased to read this review. I do remember speaking with this past guest. It does not get better than having a guest return to a better experience and wanting to return to our resort. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit Trip Advisor and I certainly appreicate you returning to Grande Shores. It's a little rainy today so Brookgreen Gardens will be happy for the drink of water. Thank you again.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I checked in for a month stay.I had requested the unit I was in last year. It was nicely updated, granite in the kitchen, flat screen tv's, and a table on the balcony where you could spread your newspaper,sit with hot tea and read. However, I recieved the unit that I had the year before....one I did not like. I thought oh well...I'll survive. On entering the room, I had to call the front desk as the refrigerater was not working. After checking around, I found everything in this unit had been unplug....tvs, lamps, microwave,and clocks. After several hours the freezer was getting cold and I had replugged and reset everything in this unit.On top of that they are recently painted trim work in the unit and there was a heavy paint smell in the unit. Not good for my allergies, but again I thought I would survive. Here I sit a week later....no water. Can't take a shower, brush my teeth or wash my breakfast dishes.I phoned the front desk and they said that they would send someone up to fix the problem. That was an hour ago. I thought surely this is not just my unit,so I recalled the front desk to see what was up and they said they know there is a problem, they just need to figure out what is causing it. For some reason...I'm not reassured. I hope the rest of this month goes better. I will not return to this property next November.I come down for the month to just relax and be stress free and it's not happening at this property.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Monamch
GMSeasideResorts, General Manager at Grande Shores Ocean Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Sorry this guest did not receive the specific condo she wanted. I checked to see why and saw the owner of the condo was scheduled to stay one week during the month and make it impossible to offer to this guest for that reason. Our homeowners do enjoy visiting in the slower season. I do apologize that we did have to cut off the hot water to replace a defective part in our boiler room. This is never something we want to do, but must be done when needed. Service was restored quickly that day. We do apologize for the inconvenience and that our front desk seems to be less than well informed about the repair. We do appreicate guests choosing us. We do work hard to make their stays enjoyable. This guest will be contacted to make sure she is comfortable. I appreciate the imput.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

My family and I really enjoy coming to the Grande Shores Hotel. One main feature we always partake in whenever we come here is the Ripleys Aquarium. This hotel always have dicounted prices for it's guests, and the heated indoor pools, awesome. 10 thumbs up.

Room Tip: My family and I stayed in both, ocean front condo, and an ocean veiw condo the both times we were th...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family