It’s been a while since my wife and I had been to Myrtle Beach. Our last stay at the Grand Shores was memorable, but for all the wrong reasons. I must say, however, things have improved… greatly. I’ve had a number of communications with the GM who, evidently, realized that there was truth in my claims and that I’m not just another cranky old man; though that may be true. There have been many, many improvements since our last stay. Besides a fresh coat of paint and some new chairs and awnings, I’ve noticed that the vast majority of their efforts have been directed towards structural and mechanical issues. These are the things that the vast majority of people take for granted and don’t notice until something goes wrong.
As an SC licensed building inspector, I can attest to the difficulty of maintaining any commercial property; let alone one of this age, size, and especially one situated right on the ocean front. They have done an excellent job. My compliments to Debbie and her crew: Well done.
For those who’ve never stayed here before, I urge you to give it a try. It’s clean, quiet, reasonably priced and neither too close nor too far from the bustling crowd of downtown Myrtle Beach. Even though it’s 25 miles from Brookgreen Gardens, which is the primary reason we visit Myrtle Beach, for us it’s well worth the inconvenience, and the only place we’ll stay on our semi-annual visits to the area.
Enjoy your stay. God bless.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Grande Shores Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Shores Ocean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Grande Shores Ocean
- Grande Shores Ocean Resort Myrtle Beach
- Grande Shores Resort
- Grande Shores Myrtle Beach Sc