“a great experience!”

Ranked #22 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Palm Coast, Florida
“a great experience!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I frequently use tripadvisor for travel info, but this is my first time responding. I now know that the info provided by others is true and acurate. I truly enjoyed my stay at Grand Shores. I physically visited and compared other resorts in the area, and was dissapointed and ready to travel on until I stumbled upon this location. It is situated right on the beachfront ghwith great ammenities, food and bar you can take drinks back to your room and relax on balcony. It is close, but away enough to all the activities and happenings down the beach. I enjoy finding places that are just right for me, it eliminates the guessing and possible dissapointments when you blindly arrive.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (389)
Silicon Valley, California
Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

I was looking desperately at the last minute (day before) for a resort by the beach that is not too expensive. Found Grande Shores for $82/nt for 3bedroom condo with a nice view of the beach & "park" which is really a residential area full of trees. Other properties in the same area were going for more than $129/nt. Grand Shores website showed the exact pics of the room and the view so I knew what to expect. Room was nice and clean with complimentary eco-friendly toiletries. Of course no conditioner but a conditioning shampoo which suprisingly worked for my hair. Very friendly staff. Dishwashing soap was provided but no sponge. There were washer & dryer in the room but no laundry soap. You need to ask at front desk for a $1 per one-load box of Tide. On the 7th floor are a small lazy river, a shallow pool & 4 spas. I think they had same water amenities on the ground floor with the addition of the lawn. They also have an indoor pool and kiddie pool but my 3yr old pteferred the beach. The resort is right in front of the beach so very convenient. Parking garage is up to 7th floor only so we took the elevator to 9th floor. They had a restaurant but we didn't get to eat there. Breakfast buffet is $8.50 ($9.75 if booked online with the room). Oh, another thing missing in the kitchen is a cooking pan. We had to cook eggs using a sauce pan. Overall, a good beachfront place that doesn't cost an arm & a leg.

• Stayed September 2012
Valley Head, West Virginia, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Resort is very clean and well maintained. Very quite and love the view of the ocean. Very spacious 3-bedroom. Not far from attractions. Great place. If you are looking for a clean quite place to stay this is your spot. Roof top pool very nice. Balcony went all around room. Very easy to find. We placed a do not disturb on our door the whole time we were there as we did not want housekeeping and we were never disturbed! Loved this place and will return!

Room Tip: 3-bedroom room very spacious!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

OK, I write this review as I sit in our room at Grande Shores. We arrived on 9-22-2012 and will be leaving on the 29th.

The bad reviews that I read before we arrived made us somewhat apprehensive about staying here, but we are so glad we chose this resort.

1. Day we arrived, we were checked in no less than 15 minutes tops. The desk clerk was very courteous and helpful.

2. Parking is at a premium. A little tight in some places, but still, no problems.

3. The room (930) was very clean and what view of the ocean. Who needs ocean front? Ocean view just as nice.

4. Elevators-Wow! Very fast and hardly any wait time at all.

5. Access to the beach? Perfect! Step out of the door and you're there. Pools? Inside and out. VERY CLEAN!!!!!

6. Added touch is the grassy area near the pool with access to the beach. Plenty of lounge chairs!!!!!!

7. House cleaning staff and maintenance staff was very courteous. I needed a toilet plunger, made a call to the front desk and staff was at my room in less than 5 minutes.

8. Never a cold shower. Hot water for days.

9. Close to all shops and restaurants.

Most importantly, my WIFE WAS IMPRESSED!!!!!!!!

We normally stay in our nice fifth wheel camper and we will continue to do so, but for now, this is the place we would recommend to anyone.

Thanks for a great vacation Grande Shores Resorts!!!!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JD R
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 26, 2012

MY wife and I have stayed here 3 times this summer, started because we were invited to a wedding at the Marriot next door. She found this place online and we were sceptical before our first visit because our 2-night stay in a condo was less than a 1 night hotel room next door. Great place, great price, and wonderful staff.

Room Tip: Worth the extra-charge for a condo upgrade
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
VA/NC border
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a conference scheduled for this hotel, so my family & I decided to piggy-back a long weekend trip to the beach. We chose an oceanfront 2-queen bed efficiency room and were on the the 3rd floor. Starting from the balcony: wonderful ocean view! It was so nice to be able to sit and listen to the ocean waves crashing on the beach (unless there was a bunch of kids squealing in the pool or someone with a loud radio at the pool, which would drown out the ocean sounds). One thing they should add is a screen door on the balcony so you can leave the door open at night and listen to the waves without inviting every bug in SC into your room. The mattresses on the beds were fine but the pillows are very flat so bring your own pillow. The compressor on the AC unit is loud when it kicks on and off, so make sure whoever sleeps closest to it is a very sound sleeper that doesn't wake up easily. The room furniture all matched and every drawer worked well. The room had a nice new 32-in flat panel LCD TV. The CATV gives you basic channels, so don't expect to watch a lot of different things. The room does have a book from Grande Shores that gives you the channel listings so you don't have to play "Where's Waldo" with the channels. The WiFi is fast but unsecured, so remember that when you log on to your bank. The fridge in the kitchen was new. The microwave was older but worked well. The stove and oven came over on the Ark and could stand to be replaced as the burners were not level (pans would slide right off one of them) and one burner was either on hot or off completely. The kitchen sink leaked under the counter, but I don't think anyone knew that before we told them (it appeared to have been leaking for some time based on the damage to the cabinet bottom). The coffee pot is in the bathroom which is a strange place to keep a coffee pot; but there is no room on the kitchen counter for it. Plan on hanging your towels (bath and beach) on the balcony railing.The electrical outlets are almost all blocked by furniture, so you'll have to move things around to use them. There is a 3-foot long wardrobe outside of the bathroom with an ironing board, iron, luggage bench, and clothes hangers you can't remove off the bar. There is a space above the wardrobe you can use to store a picnic basket, an empty suitcase, or whatever you want to put up there to get it out of the way. The lazy river on the 1st floor is nice, but our use was cut short due to a maintenance problem (they had to shock it). The 1 foot kiddie pool area was enjoyed by my daughter every day, and we all enjoyed the long hot tub with the indoor pool. The hotel provides towels to use at the pools and hot tubs, which is great! Someone hosed all the sand off the steps and walkway to the beach every morning, which was nice. Check in and check out both went smoothly. The parking garage can be difficult to navigate if you're not used to parking garages, and I would recommend you back into a space. Finding chairs at the pool was a challenge at some points in the day, which I'm sure would be near impossible during the busy summer season. The beach in front of the condo was also quite packed. The hotel is 5 miles from Tanger (go north) and 4 miles from Broadway at the Beach (go south), which is a great location to everything we like. While I recommend this hotel for off-season visits, I'm not sure I'd want to stay here between June and August. I think it would be extremely noisy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank crushedvelvet1
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed September 25, 2012

This was my first stay at Grande Shores Ocean Resort. I loved the location. It was in a quiet portion of the Myrtle Beach strip and convenient to everything. Our room was very clean and was truly ocean front. We stayed on the 4th floor, which was perfect (I would request 4th or higher). Parking was very convenient. The price was right. The room wasn't decorated over the top but was up to date enough. I did comment on their survey that the bed spreads were tattered and needed replacing. The beds were comfortable and the AC worked well. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Go Ocean Front (4th floor or higher). Not sure what kind of view the other rooms had.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends