“Clean and very convenient”

Grande Shores Ocean Resort
Ranked #17 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had a 2 queen 1 bedroom and was plenty of room for the two of us, it's in a central location so close to everything. Maybe 15 minutes( depending on traffic) to broadway at the beach or the boardwalk and easy access to hwy 17 so north myrtle beach was close also. We never went more than 15 minutes in either direction and found great restaurants all around.
Pool and hot tubs came in handy especially after a 2 hour horseback ride.. Ouch!!!!
Would stay again for the price a good value!!!!
Keep in mind it's on the beach great views and decent accommodations but it's no Marriott or Hilton hotel
We were here during Harley bike week and didn't have any issues with traffic noise it's located in a residential area so it's pretty quiet

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michaelbrouse
There are newer reviews for Grande Shores Ocean Resort

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We stayed in the 3-bedroom condo. There was SO MUCH SPACE! Large kitchen, living room, 2 big bathrooms, and everything was clean & tidy and up-to-date. Pools, lazy rivers, & hot tubs were perfectly kept up and inviting. Hotel staff was nice. Even the parking garage was clean & felt safe! Will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Definitely get an oceanfront room. You get a view of both the ocean AND the pool.
3  Thank mere843
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed here in February as a valentines day getaway. The trip was originally purchased through the Sweetjack website and although I thought I was getting a deal, after the hotel added its taxes the price was the same as if I had booked it directly.

Before you continue reading, please note that I can be picky about certain things. The good points about the hotel was that it was on the beach so the views were amazing, the room was decently sized and they did honor my request for a recently renovated room; although I could tell that there was some renovations done on the room they still needed to fix some other things.

The negatives of the property is the motel like feel; you park on the floor that your room is located on and the parking space is rather small so is the drive in the parking deck which could easily result in an accident. The bathroom is in serious need of an update, the sink was a slow drainer which is a problem for me because I detest seeing tothpaste and soap clogged in an area, it started to smell and someone came and fixed the issue. The phone didn't work, although a maintenance person did come up quickly to fix that issue. There was a microwave and a refridgerator.

I've concluded that the management is aware that they have some maintenance issues, so they are quick to respond when called, but frankly, I wouldn't stay here again. However, if you are a budget traveller and are willing to live with some things then this may be the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpiceRiceDice
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This is my second time to stay at the Grande Shores and me and my family had good time. the indoor pool with warm water was excellent.

1  Thank Eddy M
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Had a chance to make a short beach weekend happen at the beginning of May, so I jumped on Priceline.com and won a room at Grande Shores for (what I thought was) a super rate of $75/night. It turns out, that's not far off from what they were charging anyway. Considering how pleased we were with the stay, that's enough to make me come straight back next time we travel to Myrtle Beach!

What I liked:
Big room - for $75, we got two queen beds in their own room (for the kids), a murphy bed in the living area (for me), sizable bath, and kitchenette with everything but the dishwasher. All dishes included, coffee service, full sized fridge/freezer with ice maker, and microwave. There was also an oven/stove, but I didn't use it.

Big balcony - You have to have this at the beach. Period.

Hassel-free parking - Okay, the garage was really skinny. But, that just meant more spaces to choose from. It wasn't nearly full - no issues finding a spot.

Drawbacks:
Building showing its age - Not a 5 star resort. But, for $75/night, I'm not expecting the Ritz-Carlton.

Over-achieving air conditioning - I couldn't find a way to make the thing stop. I turned the thermostat all the way up, I left the door open, I used extra blankets. I'm sure this would be nice in the heat of the summer, but it sure was cold in early May.

Final thoughts:
In addition to the easy ocean access, ample parking, and great big rooms, there were lots of nice looking pools and a restaurant. We didn't use those, though, so I won't elaborate. Overall, we were very happy at Grande Shores, and with rates like this I'd stay again for sure.

Room Tip: Get ocean front if you can, if you can't then try to get a high floor (above 7) to make sure you...
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We have stayed at the Grande Shores for the past 4 years and enjoy this property immensely. It has everything you would want for a relaxing vacation both for couples and for a family. We love the oceanfront rooms and condos and have stayed in both. The pools and lazy rivers are fantastic and the grounds are beautiful. We recommend it to everyone as The Place to Stay in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter because the 7th floor pool is usually more adults whereas children tend to...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marianne S
Reviewed May 6, 2012

This is our second time at Grande Shores and both times we have found the staff to be helpful and courteous. The rooms are clean and comfortable and not "fussy" which makes it easy to relax and feel like you are on vacation. We stayed in a one bedroom condo oceanfront and had a beautiful view of the ocean from our large balcony, great for enjoying a morning cup of coffee or an afternoon refreshment. The pools and grounds are kept clean and there is no shortage of towels for the pool. We have stayed in other locations at the beach, but found this location to be our favorite. Easy walking distance to a number of restaurants and the grocery store, so that's a plus, after driving for hundreds of miles it is nice not to have to be always in the car after you arrive. Barefoot Landing and other attractions are a few minutes away, so it seems to us to be the ideal location for our stay in Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple