My wife and I stay at the Grand Shores at least four times a year when we visit Brookgreen Gardens in Murrells Inlet. That’s almost a one hour drive from the gardens, but has been worth it, until recently.
Grand Shores is an older establishment, but has always seemed to be well kept and in good repair. Our visit last November, however, was met with a few problems. Suffice-it-to-say, we moved to another room. I figured, “Hey, everyone has a bad day now and then. Give’m the benefit of the doubt.”
Our visit in February, however, was fraught with problems. Besides the usual key cards having to be reprogrammed three times, the room was a disaster. Many of the lights and outlets didn’t work. The HVAC unit didn’t work properly. The bathroom door was broken. The shower rod had been ripped out of the wall. Neither the ceiling light nor powered vent worked in the bathroom. The toilet was broken off the floor. And, to top it all off, every time we flushed, the toilet backed up. Instead of a repair, we got a plunger. Needless to say, we wanted a different room. We were told, “Sorry, none available. We’re full.”
My wife and I are extremely disappointed. We and our friends, have been going there for a number of years now. Not anymore. It’s time for us to find somewhere else. Oh, one more thing, don’t waste your time complaining to corporate. It’s a lesson in futility: Kind of like urinating on the windward side of the vessel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grande Shores Ocean Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grande Shores Ocean Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hotel Grande Shores Ocean
- Grande Shores Ocean Resort Myrtle Beach
- Grande Shores Resort
- Grande Shores Myrtle Beach Sc