“scam, save more money with better hotel. never again get days inn again.”

Days Inn Myrtle Beach
Ranked #177 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
“scam, save more money with better hotel. never again get days inn again.”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

did check in at days in waccamaw in highway 501 just to sleep while we are in the area, hotel itself is old and the carpets are filthy, staff are not friendly,and the room stinks, and when we check out they charge my account an extra $ 20. they said i took a pillow that's already missing when we check in. this hotel is a scam. I booked my hotel at Priceline and paid everything with priceline. For future reference dont take the risk of getting a cheap hotel, not worth it.

Room Tip: there is no good room, dont use this hotel, problem arise they will not help you, your on your own.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bernard M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Novi, Michigan
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Top HORRIBLE hotel of my 43 years. We had two rooms and had major problems with both. Ours - wall plugs didn't work and were falling out of the wall, bathtub was filthy, 70's decor falling apart, toilet didn't flush properly. Theirs - TV didn't work, toilet didn't flush properly, faucet falling out of wall, smelled of mildew, hole in wall. While we were there, one lady complained of bed bugs, another said that she's a Days Inn Member which is the only reason she goes - said last year that her shower wall was caving in. The hot tub looked clean, bright blue, but the pool was an emerald green and murky. On top of all this, they have the NERVE to demand a $50 deposit on each room!!! That was unexpected and quite insulting, due to the condition of the rooms to begin with! Not to mention it tied up $100 of our spending funds, which I still haven't been reimbursed for, several days later. We also requested late check out and they were very rude and uncooperative until I recited the list of grievances above. Only then did they relent and gave us a whole hour. I will NEVER be back and may never bother with Days Inn anywhere, ever again. I should have read the reviews, but the price was right. Definitely a HUGE black eye for Days Inn in our opinion.

Room Tip: A "good room" could only be found in another hotel!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Julie B

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

Please stay away from this dive. I am hiding in this filthy room right now. everything you could imagine is wrong with this hotel. Dogs in the hall. Everything in the room is at least 50 years old including the mattresses and TV which doesn't have a remote. There is no way I would bath or shower in that tub.

The hotel is full of loud poor black guests. We will NOT be leaving the room until daybreak at which time we will run to the parking lot.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank balger
Shallotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. Not to mention that it has been a month since this stay I have left about ten phone calls for the owner and not one phone call back.Let's start off with the room it smelled like Mold , the sheets did not fit the matress so when you layed on the bed the corners rolled up off the bed. The Matress was as hard as a rock. The toilit Ran the entire time we were there.The fridge did not close due to the seal on it was broken. The microwave did not work unless you moved the plug around and held it.The carpet had a greasy film on it. When we checked out I spoke with Megan who told me that she is young and she would sleep any where I told her not for $$130.00 a night she wouldn't. When I mentioned the microwave she asked me did I pay ectra for that there was an additinal fee to have that I said that I paid $$130.00 for the room and the microwave was in it does that mean that I paid for it?? "FYI ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK".......

Room Tip: Find a different hotel other thatn Days inn on Waccamaw Blvd in Myrtle Beach SC.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

There were roaches in the bed and then they ran in the board. There were more that 20 roaches in the room. The hotel staff tried to tell me that the bugs in my room were not actually roaches but were in the rocach family. The matress was also town. UNLESS YOU LIKE ROACHES DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Falashade A
Asheville
Reviewed July 21, 2012

My husband, son and myself stayed here for family vacation. We were on the 5th floor. We started our driving trip at 2:30am and arrived in Myrtle Beach around 8am or so. We went ahead and found the hotel knowing that the check in was in the afternoon. I went in and the gentleman at the front desk was super nice. He told me that it would cost additional to check in early, I opted out of that since we were going to head to the ocean and have breakfast. Then he asked how long we had been on the road and when I told him he told me that he would see what he could do about getting us in our room earlier than 3pm. We headed to the beach and had breakfast. Then he called close to 11am and stated that our room was ready and at no additional charge we could go ahead and check in since we had been driving all night. I thought that was very nice of him to do that for us. The room was just a basic room and I never noticed any bad smells in the hallway or the room. It's not a 5 star hotel but they dont claim to be either. The pool was clean and the area around it was clean. They were at full capasity and we never heard a sound. It was the quietest hotel I ever stayed at any of the beaches I've been to. We did have to pay a $50 deposit upon arrival but we knew this when we made the reservations. We had no issues getting the deposit back upon check-out. I would reccomend this place if all you are looking for is a place to catch sleep and a quick shower (which is all we wanted, we dont stay locked up in a hotel on vacation) we are out on the town from sunrise to late night. The price is great and the staff was super nice to us.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Dawn E
London, Kentucky
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stayed on the 2nd floor.. The Hallway along smelled like something had died there.. We found a roach bug crawling up the wall... GROSS... The Floors were dirty i was afraid to take my shoes. As far as bed bugs we didnt find any in that room thank godness!.. Hotel staff are very rude,,, towels had stains on them and so did the mattress..... Everything about the hotel was very outdated, especially the shower and carpet.... ANd there is no Fridge you have to pay like an extra 50 dollars a night which is a joke when your already paying 120 per night.... I will never stay at another days inn...

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family