“Never Ever will I stay in this hotel again”

Days Inn Myrtle Beach
Ranked #176 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 6, 2011

The hotel had a bad odor like mildew in the halls. The side door to enter the hotel you had to really pull to open it and push hard to leave out. There were no microwave, refrigerator, iron or iron board in room. This hotel is a dump I was just waiting to see a mice run around but thank god I didn't. I was there for bike week I don't recommend this hotel to anybody yuckkk

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank RLeak
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Myrtle Beach

Reviewed June 6, 2011

A friend and I booked a room here for one night through Priceline. After reading the reviews, I was bit apprehensive about what kind of experience we were going to have. The room was clean, no bugs, there was a slight unpleasant odor, but nothing unbearable. Some of the other clientele looked a bit suspicious, but we had no problems while we were there. For what I paid for the room, I'd definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank cristin124
Reviewed October 18, 2010

This is definitely a roach motel. I saw three small roaches in our room. Because my boyfriend had worked all day and travelled five hours to visit me, I tolareted this. Next time I will pick the location. Appearances are very deceiving and this hotel appears to be clean and inviting, but it is not. save your money and go somewhere else.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alescia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

The hotel smells really musty. rooms need cleaning and service is really bad. At night felt a insect bite me turned lights on to find I was covered with bed bugs. Little red insect like animals that suck your blood. My 2 year old daughter also had them all over. Got out of the room and took my pillow to show the receptionist, who responded ( ho yeah we have the around here I can give you another room but they may have them too). I wanted my refund and she called the manager. The manager said he does not see any bugs in my room and said I can leave if I dont like their service. I wanted to get a bunch of those bugs and throw it at him so he can feel how bad it herts to get bitten by those nasty animals. DO NOT SLEEP HERE OR YOU WILL TAKE THE BUGS HOME< very hard to get rid of.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2010

We are asking for FULL refund, since Aug 2, 2010 and NOTHING...this place is NOT a good place to stay...NEVER...one of girls got really sick because of the MOLD in the rooms...DO NOT STAY!

Reviewed August 13, 2010

My family and I were traveling to Myrtle for our annual vacation. We usually stop half way between home and there, but the wife wanted to continue and drive on in. The place we were staying for the week had no vacancy, so we started calling and stopping from Galivants Ferry all the way into Myrtle. This was the ONLY place that had rooms and NOW I KNOW WHY!!! This is now the second Days Inn I have stayed in, and I can promise you that you will NEVER read another review opn here from me regarding a Days Inn because I will NEVER stay at another one. I will not go into a long drawn out story, but will tell you it was NASTY! If it wasn't 2:20 in the morning and I didn't have an 8, 6 and 4 year old - we would have left and slept in the car! The tub was dirty, the phone didn't work, the remote didn't work, the aweful language from the pool table area in the lobby at check in was terrible, and, and, and.... At check out, I explained to the front desk that issues I had and I didn't feel it was woth the $123.19 I paid. She asked me if I reported the problems to anyone, I said "I thought that is what I am doing now, I couldn't call from the room since the phone didn't work, and we checked in at 2am." Her response to me was "Oh, so you were just a short term guest".. WHAT???? REALLY??? So, since I was only there for 8 hours my issues are not important??? REALLY????? I now know why Days Inn is a failing brand! Again, my advice to you is either have reservations already in place or sleep in your car if this is your only option!

Reviewed July 11, 2010

We spent a couple of nights here with our three kids and their friends. We booked two rooms. I knew we were in trouble when we pulled into the parking lot the first night and saw two police cars at the door. There was some crack-ho yelling and screaming about her pimp beating her up. The stay went downhill from there. Our "ajoining" rooms only ajoined via the hallway. The TV didn't work in one room, though they did replace it with a working one. The A/C didn't work in the other room, and all the public spaces were uncomfortably hot. The pool was okay during the day, but after dark, it became overrun by drunken hoodlums. All the games in the lobby were broken, except the pool tables. The fitness center was locked and no one could find a key. The hotel is run by an Indian family, whose teenage sons do the laundry, clean the rooms, and stay on the business center computer all day and night. The hotel gave me the impression that it is slowly falling apart while they milk it for everything they can. Even the location was bad, being right down the street from a strip club and an adult toy store. The morning we left, I saw two used syringes in the stairwell. If you value your safety, stay anywhere but here.