9 people are viewing this hotel
$98
$123
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$86
Priceline$111
Hotels.com$98
ZenHotels.com$134
2,853 results
All reviews water slides loco gecko lazy river game room family vacation full kitchen ocean front recommend this resort beach access off season arcade waterslides tubs blast tiki
Selected filters
Reviewed May 11, 2017 via mobile

The view from our room was amazing! The kids loved the water slides. The beach was nice. The room was good. I like having such a great view and kitchen. The hotel was somewhat confusing finding the room and guest checking across the street. But the location is worth the inconvenience.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rhondas764
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2017

Rhonda S,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back at the beach.

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, laundry facilities are only in 2 of 3 of the towers. One part of the pool area was still under construction. There was no garden jet tub as advertised. The family and i still had a great time.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Maria J,

Reviewed May 10, 2017

When I had call to make the reservation I asked about getting a room on a high floor. She assured me that wouldn't be an issue. The day of check in they placed us on the 3rd floor the front desk girl we could wait for about an hour in a half for a room on an high floor. Her name was Shikita . She than called me about an hour later and said a room on the 10th floor was available and we could come check in. When we got back to guest services Shikita wasn't there. Some VERY RUDE agent by the name of Katrina assisted me. She states no rooms are available on that floor. I tried to explain to her that we had just got a call. She was over talking me saying no one would have called me. She went and got a manger by the name of Jason, he than come out asking again who called I guess I was pronouncing Shikita name wrong because they were saying no one works here by that name. Finally one of the other front desk agents confirmed the girls name and Jason goes "oh she just left for lunch". They was really acting like I was lying about getting a call. After about 15 minutes Jason went in the back and came back with a room on he 10th floor. Guest service need better communications skills. The Wifi was horrible. The DJ and the pools were really great.

Room tip: Rooms are good but very poor customer service at front desk
3  Thank latia3502
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2017

latia3502,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying here at The Crown Reef. I will certainly make the appropriate department heads aware of what was found. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 9, 2017

1st issue: When I had called on 05/01/17 to inquire about a balance due showing on my paid in full weeks prior reservation, I spoke with a staff person, Raquel, whom was a complete jerk and provided me no explanation for the reason in the addtl cost to my stay. When I asked to a supervisor, the idiot must have forgotten that she did not put me on hold & I could hear her cackling with her work mates instead a getting a supervisor. Minutes later she answered back the phone & I advised her that I heard her conversations & I was still waiting for a supervisor & I would just call back for someone competent. I called back a few minutes later & got the same idiot and the same attitude but was eventually transferred to a "supervisor", Erica, whom could not provide an explanation but said she would take care of the addtl cost ($12.00) that was not part of my initial reservation cost. The day before check-in, I see that I have an outstanding cost of $0.29??? Now I'm livid because no one has been able to tell me why there keeps being addtl fees added to an already paid-in-full reservation. When I arrived, I spoke with SHAY. What a gem! She was able to tell me that the addtl fees were stemming from a tax increase that was approved in Myrtle Beach after my reservation was booked.

Second issue: I had purchased resort food credit due to having a relatively good experience in 2016. The 1st 2 days eating in the Loco Gecko grill were fine but on our last day (05/08/17) we stayed on the "resort" to let the kids play & finish using our resort credits. That was a nightmare! The burger was mushy and tasted like it may have been freezer burnt. After advising the waitress of the issue, she stated she would get a manager. This manager was apparently across the street so there was another 30 minute wait for the 1st manager before we could even advise of the issue and/or reorder an alternate dish. The 1st manager was apologetic & stated that she would take care of the "burger" meal. So I reordered the fish & chips instead and waited another 30 minutes for the replacement meal to come. Mind you my 2 toddlers have eaten and are beyond tired of sitting in a vacant "restaurant".
Finally get the food and the bill with the FULL cost of the replacement meal. AFTER SPENDING AN HOUR AND HALF HERE I HAD ENOUGH! The 2nd "manager", ALYSSA, came & advised that she would not honor the 1st "manager's" discretion to take care of the bill for the replacement burger & COULD NOT remove the replacement meal from the ticket. ALYSSA instead providing customer service literally argued and attempted divert the issue of the less than quality food & reprehensible customer service. *The issue was never that we could not pay for the little $9 meal but instead the principle*

OAN: The staff was relatively pleasant & the daily DJ provided good music & games. The breakfast (not included in the room price) was satisfactory but the server, Marquis, was wonderful. The air conditioning unit in our living room leaked into our balcony and made it soaking wet. The rooms were pretty standard.

We've stayed last year but after this experience We'd likely not return.

Room tip: Choose a room in tower 1 or 2 & on a higher floor unless you want slides in your view and constant patron noise.
1  Thank SheenaSC

SheenaSC,

Reviewed May 8, 2017

We loved every minute of our stay! The hotel was clean and comfortable the staff was attentive and friendly. The cleaning lady on our floor was so sweet and did a fantastic job. We did not even realize there was construction going on at the other pool they did a great job concealing the noise during the day. I'm sure when that's up and running again it will be as fantastic as the other 2 that were open. The lazy river was probably our favorite part... oh and the hot tubs those were great too. Just an all around nice place to stay and we will 100% be back! My only disclaimer has nothing to do with the hotel but with the "pizza" places that stick flyers in the doors...we got scammed by one of them our second night there...just be aware of where you are ordering from. Other than that it was just perfect!

1  Thank 845becca
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2017

845becca,