Lowest prices for your stay
Official Site
$123
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$86
View deal
Expedia.com$98
Hotels.com$98
ZenHotels.com$134
2,852 results
All reviews water slides loco gecko lazy river game room family vacation full kitchen ocean front recommend this resort beach access off season arcade waterslides tubs blast tiki
Selected filters
Reviewed May 2, 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying that this trip was comped due to a prior booking appx one year ago that ended before we even made it to the room. We were offered a free two-nights stay and decided to give this resort one last chance.

The elevators worked, ALL of them!!

I am SO happy we decided to return. We chose April 18th-20th as figured it would be after most spring breaks and prior to bike weeks beginning. Our room was a queen ocean-front efficiency and we ended up in #522. The resort was not overly busy which worked perfectly for us. "Us" consists of my husband and I, a 4 year old, a 3 year old and a 10 week old.

The room, while small, was clean, had an amazing view and benefit of having a small kitchen was priceless in our opinion. (Milk, picky toddler diets, etc).
The beds were reasonably comfortable and oddly enough I found the square pillows to be heavenly!
I wasn't a huge fan of the tile floors as it was humid in the room and they were sweating slightly.

The buffet breakfast was well-stocked with the essentials of scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon/sausage, either pancakes or French toast, fresh fruits and pastries. Additionally they had an omelet station where one could also order miniature Belgium waffles.

The servers were fantastic! Overall, breakfast was a 4 out of 5 and could have only been better if the room itself was slightly larger and the seats weren't all torn up throughout the restaurant.

We did utilize the in-house restaurant/bar for dinner which wasn't great by any means for dinner but would have been great for a cocktail. My husband ordered a burger and I had a grilled chicken sandwich. Despite sitting down at appx 5:10pm, we didn't receive our food until almost 6pm. The restaurant was NOT busy from a servers point of view but perhaps the kitchen wasn't staffed properly. Regardless, once we received our food it was over cooked and quite tasteless. We'd likely not return.

One of the pools in tower 1 was down which was fine as we primarily utilized the kids splash pad area and the lazy river.
Should you return during the winter months I must acknowledge the fact that the "bathroom" trailers are in the parking garage which means technically they are outside and one would catch a chill very quickly/easily. Additionally one would have to travel outside from the pool areas to get your room. This was a concern with two little boys when we visited last year as it was in the low 30's and we didn't anticipate their being no protection from the elements after leaving the warm enclosed water park.

Overall, we give this resort a 4 out of 5 stars and would be happy to return if/when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you Crown Reef!!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank JoB122
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2017

Jo B,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you again when you are back at the beach.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

The hotel was okay. It was a little dated but it did the job. My 9 year old and I traveled here for a three day getaway. The water park was cool but looked much nicer in the photos. The location was good. We rented a car so getting to and from the downtown area was easy. I would stay again for a really good price but nothing spectacular.

Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

godiva201,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you and your family endured while staying with us. Please afford me the opportunity to make the situation right. Please contact me at the resort. Thanking you in advance and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed May 2, 2017

This past week I stayed at the Crown Reef Resort Hotel attending a National Conference. Upon arrival, I found that even though the Hotel was quite high, my room was on floor #1 which turned out to be the 3rd floor. That being said, it was just great to be able to park my car in front of my room….a definite GOOD.

Before retiring, I decided to program my coffee maker to have hot java waiting for me when I awoke the next morning. The coffee pack that was supplied did not give any indication of how many cups of water should be used. When I called the front desk, none of the personnel had a clue. I was transferred to Housekeeping where I received no help. The suggestion that I received was like ‘trial and error.’ That was BAD.

When I woke up to a brand new day, I decided to take a shower. Waiting until the water flow was at a desired temperature, I found the spray pressure was adequate. Then to my horror, the water temperature suddenly changed to almost scalding. After that I was unable to maintain an acceptable temperature. That was UGLY.

I found that my coffee was made and properly hot…but I had to discard my coffee: much too bitter. Then I wondered why I had a 12 cup coffee maker but only 2 packets with creamer and sweetener. That was BAD.

At the conference center across the street, Coffee and hot water urns with cups 2%milk and Half & Half were set up when took our first break. That was GOOD.
After filling my cup with anticipated coffee, I had to tilt it at an angle to get away from the urn spilling almost a third of the coffee. That was BAD.

For the Hotel provided lunch, I chose a Turkey sandwich over Ham. If the meat wasn’t so dry almost to the point of being dehydrated, it might have had a touch of flavor. After asking and waiting over ten minutes, a canister of Mayo was provided. That was BAD.

Upon completion of my last class, I decided to return to my room for some personal time. When I opened my door, I stared at my room in disbelief. Never in all of my travels and stays, both here and abroad, have ever seen the sight that I beheld. The angel from Housekeeping, who I found out later was Judy, had remade my bed to accommodate that fact that I only sleep on one side. All of the pillows were piled in a fashion perfect for my positioning. That was EXCELLENT.

During my morning break on the following morning, the coffee urns were placed on an elevated platform to allow the cups, when filled, to be removed without spilling. That was GOOD.

After managing to endure the fluctuating shower temperature, I had a good night’s sleep. During the morning coffee break, I thought things had improved and were going well. Ooops. Food service had filled both the 2% milk and Half and Half canisters with milk. That was BAD.

The next couple of days went by quickly. On the final night of out conference, we had a conclusion dinner at the Hotel. The tables were very inviting. There was Iced Tea with every place setting and an ample amount of sweetener for those of us who wanted it. After emptying a packet of sweetener into my iced tea and taking a swallow, I did everything I could not to spit it out. Instead of the expected unsweetened tea they used tea that was already sweetened which, for some, could have brought on a major health episode. That was UGLY.

I had decided to stay an extra day. Myrtle Beach was indeed all that it was cracked up to be. After dinner, I noticed that the fluorescent light in my bathroom was not working. After putting a call to the front desk, I went out for the evening. Upon my return, the light was on so I turned it off. MISTAKE. I was still off when I checked out. My shower in the semi dark bathroom with the water streaming from moderate to scalding was not at all pleasant. That was UGLY.

Oh, did I mention the two toggle switches that did absolutely nothing? I guess I should have.

Room tip: All rooms face the ocean. To avoid noise from the pool, the higher the better. The kitchenette was great.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank HILLPUSHER

HILLPUSHER,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured while staying here at The Crown Reef. I will certainly make the appropriate department heads aware of what was found. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

This property is near the southern end of Myrtle Beach. We had most of our activities in North Myrtle Beach and it was a good 30 to 40 minute drive from the resort. We also were not thrilled with our room. It had a balcony looking at the beach as a plus but the room was small with two queen beds. The room was very basic, not plush. Tile floor, no carpet. Only good for 4 adults if you don't plan to stay in the room much. Full size refrigerator, stove and basic kitchen cooking items provided but the space was narrow. The beds were very basic...nothing very cozy comfortable. The one really great thing was the shower head...it felt like a massage! We didn't use the pools.

Room tip: The registration is across the street. The hotel is at 29thS...be aware there is a 29thN
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Shirley B,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you endured upon arriving in Myrtle Beach and here at The Crown Reef. I will certainly make the appropriate department heads aware of what was found. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 1, 2017

Loved it here the best hotel we will definitely be back soon!! Everything was perfect staff friendly room clean and homey just loved it all!! Everytime we come to the beach we will pick crown reef resort!

Room tip: Excellent
  • Trip type: Traveled with family