7 people are viewing this hotel
$117
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$94
FindHotel
$82
Hotels.com$94
Priceline$86
Destinia.com$120
2,848 results
All reviews water slides loco gecko lazy river game room family vacation full kitchen ocean front recommend this resort beach access off season arcade waterslides tubs blast tiki
Selected filters
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

This hotel has potential but needs major improvements and maybe a management overhaul. Pretty old and run down (dirty rooms and cracked tiles around pool), but you can see they're trying to improve the pool area. The ground floor level (where you walk between the towers to get to the different pools/water park is disgusting. It smells like cigarette smoke and garbage down there. Our first two days here, we had a pair of flip flops stolen from the pool side and busted 2 dudes looking through our stuff looking for something to take (so beware). The room doors all slam shut so if you're a light sleeper, you won't like this very much. If you're in your teens or 20s, this would probably be a fun place. Not for those on their 30s with kids that want to go to sleep at a decent hour (hotel staff does not enforce the 11pm quiet hours). They have a nice water park and slides for kids. They have DJs and magic shows for the kids randomly throughout the day near the pool area, however, it's not advertised anywhere so you just have to be lucky enough to see or hear things going on. The bar/restaurant on the premises is a joke, don't expect to get anything quickly there, trying to order a beer and pay with a credit card will take 20+ minutes. I'd relate this hotel to being a carnival cruise line type of myrtle beach resorts (fun and cheap but not very nice). You get what you pay for!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Blake E
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2017

Blake E,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. Please reach out to me here at the resort so we can discuss your recent trip. I apologize for the inconveniences that you and your family endured while you were with us. We do have a higher standard of service than what was afforded to you and your family and it would appear that we have come up quite short of that. Again, please reach out to me so that I can make the situation right.

Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

This hotel is extremely outdated, run down, unsafe for children and our room was not clean. There were clumps of dust and hair on the kitchen floor and when you turned on the sink it literally sprayed out at you and all over the floor. We ended up getting a refund and going somewhere else.

Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Kcarp4
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2017

Kcarp4,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you and your family endured while staying at the resort. Please afford me the opportunity to make the situation right. Contact me here at the resort so that we may discuss your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed April 11, 2017

I should have known better to buy a groupon hotel without reading the reviews first.
It was not my idea for a clean resort with a water park as they advertise. The facilitates are quite disgusting in some areas to be honest. This is not to say my 5 y/o didn't have fun...He did no doubt. The view is wonderful, as is any hotel view on the ocean in Myrtle Beach. However, to say you have an indoor water park and are a resort. That's a bit much. Don't be fooled like I was. Read some reviews and look at some pictures people.

Side note, cable and "free" wifi are terrible. We are hot-spotting the "free"wifi and its sooo slow!!

I would not recommend nor will I ever return here! Thank Goodness it was only for one night. I could not image a week of that place.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank shay255

shay255,

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We enjoyed every moment at the CrownReef Resort!! The beautiful view from our Oceanfront jacuzzi king suite was amazing!! We enjoyed the bar, the restaurant, the pools , and water park! After first I was skeptical because of reviews I read but after visiting I feel a lot of things said was exaggerated!! Lol Our overall experience was great and I would love to visit again!! If you haven't booked... Please Book you will Love it especially if you have kids!

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2017

Lexandyanni2,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. We are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I encourage you to come back once the renovations are completed and you can experience everything that we have to offer.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

Title says it all. Kids had lots to do. Hot tubs were full of children and adults were left with nothing. No exercise room. We were unfortunate to be there at the beginning of spring break and all the wild ones were out! Too noisy and we were in a room that had a leaking ceiling in the bathroom. Staff worked to fix the issue. Management worked on it and were very kind to us and tried to compensate us for the issue. Just not my preferred hotel type.

Room tip: Noisy, leaking ceiling, but the management and staff were quick to try to fix the issues and tried to compensate us for our misery. Staff members were exceptional.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Momdoinglaundrynow

Momdoinglaundrynow,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you and your family endured while staying at the resort. Please afford me the opportunity to make the situation right. Please reach out to me here at the resort. Thanking you in advance and I look forward to speaking with you soon.