Lowest prices for your stay
$123
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$98
FindHotel
$86
Priceline$111
Hotels.com$98
ZenHotels.com$134
2,853 results
All reviews water slides loco gecko lazy river game room family vacation full kitchen ocean front recommend this resort beach access off season arcade waterslides tubs blast tiki
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I was nervous because their were some bad reviews and the place was under construction. But it was perfect and absolutely beautiful view of the ocean. So many amenties, outdoor pools indoor pools, hot tubs, sun deck, bar. It is a bit of an exaggeration to say they have a huge inside water park. But it is cute 3 slides and a kiddy area. Just so many options. We loved it

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2017

Melissa A,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and feedback. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay. I look forward to your return so that your family can take full advantage of all the amenities that we offer. Thank you for your patience and understanding while we finish our renovations and we look forward to seeing you back at the beach.

Reviewed March 28, 2017 via mobile

I booked this resort with aquarium tickets the weekend of March 10th, which was also my mom's birthday. One of only 2 pros was that our room was right in front of the elevator which was convenient for my grandma. We traveled with 3 adults and three kids ages 6-6 months. The only other pro was the staff at the front desk, they are nice and gave my mom a credit for loco gecko for her birthday. The weather turned bad during our trip ( freezing, ice, rain) which was not something anyone could control. Now the cons. Parking deck is a nightmare if you have anything bigger then a small car. We had a mini van and it was so hard to move around in the parking deck. Hallways were dirty, elevator in tower 3 made scary sounds. We did not use pools or water park because of the cold weather. Room was ok, best part was the Jacuzzi tub. Loco gecko was good nice staff also nice staff at the ice cream shop. This resort would be better suited for families with pre-teens and teens. I unfortunately regret picking this hotel. Maybe once the construction is done it will be nicer. Oh one more thing that freaked me out. On the 4th floor tower 3 right out of the elevator you can see the rust outline of a razor blade on one of the A.C. units.

1  Thank 196tabithad

Tabitha D,

Thank you for your comments and feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you and your family did not enjoy your recent stay. I have brought your concerns to the appropriate departments and we will continue to monitor the areas expressed in your reply. We did receive some damage from the hurricane in October and we are trying to recover as quickly as we can. We look forward to returning to one of the premier vacation destinations along the Grand Strand here very soon. I hope your next visit is more pleasurable and I hope to see you back here at The Crown Reef once all of our renovations are complete. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 27, 2017 via mobile

Resort to me means full service, this place service is very lacking. Under construction I can understand, but I would think they would try to make up for it on the service side. King suite ocean view was nice, kids enjoyed heated Pools and slides. Steer clear of "Loco Gecko" food bad service worse.

1  Thank Eric K
Jason H, Front Office Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2017

ekuhl,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I apologize for the inconveniences that you and your family endured while staying at the resort. Please afford me the opportunity to make the situation right. Contact me here at the resort so that we may discuss your next trip to the beach.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

I would advise you not to waste your money on this hotel. There is way to much construction going on in which woke us up early both mornings we were there. The room was a dump, the fire alarm didn't work that went off twice during out stay causing an evacuation at midnight one night. The sink sprayed out water sideways soaking everything. The outdoor pools had NO water in them and we were told they were heated for our stay. One thing after another. Took an hour and a half to get towels after calling 3 times and they finally arrived at 1am!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank sholm03

sholm03,

Thank you so much for your comments. I apologize for the inconveniences you and your family endured while you were with us. We did receive some damage from the hurricane that came through in October. Currently we are undergoing renovations and, we hope to completed here very soon. It is important to us to make sure every stay is a memorable one, be it a quick weekend getaway, or a week long family vacation eagerly anticipated all year. We look forward to being one of the premier vacation destinations in Myrtle Beach once again and it has been a bumpy road as we progress through the recovery period. Please contact me at the resort so that we can discuss how we can make your return trip much more pleasurable. Thanking you again and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed March 27, 2017

I booked a room at your resort for this past weekend March 24 through 26th to attend the 2nd Annual Scottish Games in Myrtle Beach. I was met by a very pleasant staff. The room was wonderful, however, the location ended up becoming a nightmare. We were given room 101 in Tower One. The room is across from an elevator in an alcove area where voices echo and their volume is enhanced. This became a problem when families w/ children are waiting for the elevator and you are trying to sleep. Also, we were told that they also had booked a Fraternity and they were under contract to act accordingly. Well, that did not go over very well either. My room is 2 levels above the hot tub where they gathered drinking and being very loud very late into the evening. This was just Friday night. Saturday night was just the same, but for some reason the Fire Alarm went off at midnight. As we are directed to evacuate the building, you have a few Fraternity members and their girlfriends going back into the hot tub disregarding the directions for their safety. Once we were allowed to re-enter the building, I was so mad that my wife looked at me and proceeding to start packing. She knew I had enough. Then one of the fraternity guy started yelling up to his buddy from the hot tub area as we reentered. We went over to the office and I turned in my keys letting the young lady know we were checking out and they can thank the fraternity for us leaving at 12:30 am to drive back to Summerville SC to get a good night’s sleep. I will be back up in that area next March for the Scottish Games. I will think long and hard about staying at your facility. Due to the size of your facility, extremely tight parking and way too many people, it does not look likely I will return.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

draydevn,

Thank you so much for your comments and feedback. I would like to start with a sincere apology for the experiences you and your family endured over the weekend. We have welcomed fraternities and sororities multiple times in the past without incident. The fraternity that spent some time with us this past weekend was a first time group here at the resort. The events that transpired over the weekend are not acceptable nor do we condone that type of behavior. We pride ourselves on being a family resort and as of this writing we are still dealing with the ripples from this past weekend. The guests and staff alike went through a lot this past weekend needless to say. Again, I apologize and encourage you to reach out to me here at the resort so that I can make the situation right.