10 people are viewing this hotel
$98
$123
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
$86
Priceline$111
Hotels.com$98
ZenHotels.com$134
2,853 results
All reviews water slides loco gecko lazy river game room family vacation full kitchen ocean front recommend this resort beach access off season arcade waterslides tubs blast tiki
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2016

Wonderful Time at this resort. Room was great the scenery was amazing. I originally was supposed to stay at Sister Hotel Captain Quarters but no avail rooms at that time. Captains Quarters sent me to Crown Reef.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Emily M, Manager at Crown Reef Beach Resort and Waterpark, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2016

Sonni316,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We are happy to hear that you had a wonderful time with us. Captains Quarters also a wonderful sister property, however we hope that we will see you again here at Crown Reef. Be sure to check our website and sign up for our e-mail specials therefore you will be the first to know when we are running specials!

Reviewed September 7, 2016 via mobile

We stayed there for 1 night this weekend and I was really disappointed. The pictures online look way better than it looks in person. The staff was super friendly, and the waterslides were nice for the kids, but the pools needed some major upkeep, as well did the rooms. The room we had was extremely outdated. I wouldn't have stayed here more than 1 night. Really disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family

ndoressa,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We are sad to heat that you were disappointed with our rooms. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us as we continue to improve the quality of our resort for our guests. We hope that you will reconsider giving us another try and be able to provide feedback on our improvements.

Assistant Front Office Manger

Reviewed September 6, 2016

This was my first visit to Myrtle Beach and I was there for a family reunion. My experience with the "resort" was terrible from the very beginning. The first room that we were given (all three were queen suites) was filthy. We went down to request another room. The next room was equally in disrepair and filthy. After meeting with the manager and sharing our disappointment, we were given the option of a refund. (Sounds great but there were no other available rooms in Myrtle Beach period). I wasn't going to sleep in the rental car or on the beach... So we were stuck with the third room. (each room was worse than the next). I have never stayed in a resort that smelled of urine at every turn - the hallways, elevators, our bathroom, pool area. We felt unnerved and and itchy at just the thought of sleeping each night.. Our room was dirty and I have pictures to show the lack of attention and supervision of the housekeeping staff. One of the first things that I did was go to the store and pick up some disinfectant and bleach to sanitize the bathroom and to wipe down all door knobs and telephone. The "furnishings" in the room were mismatched and dirty/damaged as well. This is the first time that I have been in a hotel that had no pictures on the walls. The ocean view was great - the balcony not so much. It smelled of urine as well, was dirty, peeling paint on the ceiling and had spider webs in the corners. The slider tracks seem to have never been cleaned. One the second evening while enjoying the sunset - large water bugs started climbing on the walls outside and we had to call maintenance to exterminate. One of my other cousins had her room changed as well due to roaches and other bugs...
We visited our Aunt's room - which was a standard double room and it was much cleaner - I wish I had opted for the smaller room :(

I was not comfortable sleeping at all. I would not recommend that anyone stay here when there are better and less costly options - we paid $200+ per night for less than acceptable accommodations - which was a "discounted group rate". The manager tried to appease us by giving us free passes to the breakfast buffet - naturally we didn't use them. I would hate to imagine what the kitchen facilities looked like based on the lack of cleanliness and maintenance...

Although there appears to be ample parking upon arrival - if you go out in the evening finding a parking spot when you return is nearly impossible and you will have to wait.

Although I will not be staying at this hotel or any of the other hotels/motels owned and "managed" by this company - I look forward to visiting Myrtle Beach again in the near future.

I posted some pictures but got too aggravated and didn't take any of the grounds or the main sleeping space.

Room tip: Based on my conversations with other guests - tower 2 is the best. I would also nut suggest getting one of the larger rooms.
Date of stay: August 2016
4  Thank Cher_Johnson

Cher_Johnson,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. It saddens us to hear that you did not have a great stay as that is our priority for all of our guests. I can assure you our guest satisfaction is the most important thing to us. Rest assured knowing that our rooms are thoroughly inspected prior to each guest arrival. However, we can miss things by mistake as we are human but if there is something wrong, we would like to know as it could be an easy fix for our staff. When our guests have any concerns, we expect them to reach out to us immediately to give us the chance to make it right. We would love to have you back in the future to prove to you that we are a great resort, if you would give us the chance please reach out to the resort directly at 843-626-8077 to book your room. We truly do hope that you will give us another try.

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Stopped by Myrtle, on our way home from Florida - trying to avoid Hurricane Hermine - and used the Hotel Tonight App to score a sweet deal of $69 for the night. Reviews looked good, photos even better, so why not.
Definitely was not one of the nicer places we've stayed before - but we were there for less than 24 hours, and provided what we needed. But definitely run down, some parts were downright gross to me. The pool was great, but not up kept well. (people were rinsing their dirty feet off in the pool to get the sand off). Very odd pool bathroom situation (they had these mobile bathrooms in the garage parking lot like the ones you'd see at a golf tournament). The room was basic. Beach front (but loud due to the music playing down at the pool by the DJ). The carpet felt moist (and I hate that word) but it totally grossed me out. We went out to dinner down by the boardwalk (which is where we will stay if we come back as there was much more happening down there) and when we came back, our AC was not working. I will say maintenance was at our room in like 3 minutes after I called, completely removed our unit (which was absolutely disgusting when they opened it up) and put a new one in that worked great. We didnt eat or drink while we were there so I cant comment on those aspects. Overall, I would not stay at this hotel again but for one night (12 hours) it was fine.

Date of stay: August 2016
1  Thank Julie I

Julie I.,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have had during your stay. We value your feedback as it will help us as we continue to make improvements to the property every year. We are working thoroughly to find a solution to keep our pools free of sand from the beach. It is a work in progress that we are consistently perusing along with common property maintenance to improve the quality of the resort for our guests. We are sad to hear that you will not be returning as we would appreciate the opportunity to show you what a great resort we are.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed September 6, 2016

Mixed review, as our rooms (we had to move due to the smell in the first room) were very outdated and not clean. We had a tube TV that did not show picture on the top 10% of the screen, the furniture was outdated and dirty, and our socks were consistently black after walking around the room. The kitchen was small but functional, though very limited cooking pans (we had to go to Food Lion to get a baking sheet to make french fries in the oven. Overall, the hotel room was what you would expect from a basic roadside motel. If that is good enough for you, then you'll be fine. Don't expect more, and don't be fooled by the website into thinking this place is nicer than it really is. On the plus side, we did enjoy the pools, water slides, and lazy river. The view is excellent, though smokers on the balconies ruined some moments. Also, the location is not great, as nothing is walkable which means we relied on the "resort" food for more often than we would have liked (especially as it tasted like reheated bar food). We will not be back, but see why some like it.

Date of stay: September 2016
1  Thank dataport

dataport,

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate all of your feedback as it will help us in our quest to be the top resort in Myrtle Beach. We do apologize for any issues you may have encountered while staying with us as that is not our goal for any of our guests. Please know that we are gradually replacing the box TVs in each of our rooms. We do replace the TV once the box TV goes out. During the slower season, we will be doing preventative maintenance in all of our rooms in order to improve the quality of the resort for our guests. If you do not consider us again in the future, we ask that you will kindly consider a sister property. For a complete list visit vacationmyrtlebeach.com at any time.