“The best place to stay in Myrtle Beach, SC” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coral Beach Resort & Suites

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #9 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Mount Airy, North Carolina
“The best place to stay in Myrtle Beach, SC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

I just want to say that we loved Coral Beach Resort. I have stayed there a couple of times and would not go anywhere else. Their service is wonderful. I always get ocean front so we can sit and relax looking at the ocean. This trip we got a room on the first floor which we have never gotten before. When we got to the room and opened the curtin to the balcony I did not have my usual view. It was almost level with one of the out door pools. I had two young childeren and this is not what I wanted them to see on their first trip to the beach. I called the front desk and asked if there was any way possible that they could give me another room. With in a minute Diane called me and said that they had a new room for us and it was on the eighth floor. She was so nice and friendly. I would have never expected them to actually give us another room. To top if off we got the very same room layout that we had asked for. The view was beautiful. Another huge reason I love this place is it is clean. I am a clean freak and I did not find anything unclean or not in it's place. House keeping was wonderful. The kids had a great time plaing in the kiddie pools. If you didn't want to go anywhere you would never have to leave the hotel. It has resturants and bowling a club and more. What can I say just a great place.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (676)
Durham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

This 2nd time staying at Coral Beach. I enjoying stay there beacuse there is a lot do at the hotel. I plan on going again and staying at Coral Beach. I have also recommend some friends that will be staying there as well.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

This was our 2nd year staying at the Coral Beach Resort. We came back again because we had such a great time last year. We took our kids (boys- 13 and 10) last year and they begged to go back again. Friends of ours have been staying there for the last 7 years and they invited us to go with them.

There is something for everyone in the family there. It is right on the beach. There are many pools to choose from including a "water park" area for younger kids, kiddy pools, large outdoor pool, indoor pool, indoor and outdoor hot tubs and a lazy river. Our kids love the game room and bowling alley.

There is an outdoor bar, lounge and food area that is near the pool areas (both in and out) which makes it very convenient. There is usually a band playing durning the day and kareoke at night. The wonderful thing is that it's all outside and the beach is right there. Our kids loved playing football on the beach, while the music played from the band. The kids also liked to watch the karaoke- and kids and adults could take part. The kids were NEVER bored (which is an amazing feat in itself!).

Both times we have stayed in a suite. It has a separate bedroom, kitchen and living room area with a pull down wall bed and a pull out couch. We usually get the King bed for the bedroom- but you can also get 2 doubles in the room instead. We have never stayed in the other types of rooms, so I can't comment on what those are like.

The employees there have always been wonderful and accomodating. I'm not one to do reports like this- but I feel very strongly about it. I actually sent a personal note to give credit to one of the desk workers who was so wonderful and helpful to us. We will now be making this an annual vacation, and the kids are already excited for next year.

Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

We stayed at the Coral Beach Resort as a recommendation from a close friend. We were very pleased with the location and amenities. We had a very clean room with a beautiful view of the beach. There were alot of families staying there, so if you want a romantic get away, this might not be the place, but if you enjoy spending time with families, it is perfect. The staff was extremely fiendly, polite, and helpful. Housekeeping was excellent. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
London, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

Over the course of 10 years, I have stayed at Coral Beach, about 11 times. Everytime I go, I feel very comfortable, and the rooms are always very clean. I travel with my family, and we always stay in the end room suite, and there is always plenty of room for everyone. The kitchen is handy for coming off the beach, and eating lunch, and also for those evening when you don't feel like venturing out.

The housekeeping staff is really helpful and friendly, and will do whatever they need to make you feel comfortable. The beach bar, and karyoke make Coral Beach the happening place at night. People from many different hotels come by for a drink, and to listen to the entertainment.

There are plenty of pools, and hot tubs, including a lazy river, and a new kids water play area. It's located in a great location, close to Broadway at the Beach, etc. A walk to the 2nd ave pier for lunch is a MUST! Overall, great place to stay, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank photochick17
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

This was the first yeAr I brought my husband to Myrtle beach. He loved coral beach as much as the rest of us. We all love the beach bar and singing at night. The room was clean ( we had the one bedroom condo) . Housekeeping was great,wonderful job and friendly.when I asked for more coffee they made sure we had extra every day. That's nice! We will be back in July.

• Stayed July 2009
Port Huron, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2010

We stayed there for one night this month while we were in Myrtle Beach. The hotel is nice on the outside and the lobby is pretty. The rooms are not spectacular and the beds are not comfortable at all!! Thin mattress and the bedding is thin and rough. We are used to staying at Hampton Inn's where it is like sleeping on a cloud in their bedding.

The indoor pools were a bit dirty and it smelled terrible. There was a indoor play area but kids were running through the area all wet and in turn the little room was very stinky. The game room upstairs had maybe 5 games and none that were really age appropriate for 4 and under.

The staff was very friendly though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles