Coral Beach Resort & Suites
$207
$155
$246
$224
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$130
$111
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$99
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$129
$87
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$139
$111
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
  • Pool
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$179
$107
Official Site
3,234 results
All reviewsbowling alleygeneral storebeach barfear knotlazy riverindoor poolbreakfast buffetmurphy bedgreat vacationfull kitchenfamily vacationoff seasonpools were cleanocean viewtrip to myrtle beachspring breakbeach front
Reviewed August 23, 2006

I have been visiting Myrtle Beach for many years and rank the Coral Beach as one of the worst hotels I have stayed.

The room quality was OK, maid service good, parking good, location good.

What was NOT good was the band/karaoke location and hours. They played every day (Saturday - Friday) from 1PM-5PM and 7PM-1AM !! They are located in an outside bar at the oceanfront side of the hotel.

My room was oceanfront, on the 8th floor, and I heard awful music sung by drunk people every night until 1 AM! This was with the glass door closed the AC on. My family has a 3 year old. We tried to give him a nap in the afternoons. I understand there is normal hotel noise, and a nap can be difficult....however the band made it impossible.

My wife and I tried laughing about it. Many years ago, I may have enjoyed it. However......for a "resort" listed as the "Best Family Accomodations" by the Travel Channel; I feel like I was lured into another tourist trap at the beach.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank tmays2
Reviewed August 18, 2006

We just returned from a weeks vacation at the coral beach resort. We had a great time. We stayed on the 9th floor in an oceanfront suit. The room was very nice. You could tell in certain areas that it was an older resort, but it was very clean and had alot of space. Room service was great came every day at about 10:00. The one day we had the do not disturb sign on the door all day they left a bag with towels on the door for us. The pools were very nice. My son who is 8 could have spent the entire vacation playing in the pools and the small activity area. The bowling alley looked nice but we didnt get a chance to play. There is just way too many other things to do in Myrtle beach.We especially liked Broadway at the Beach,Barefoot Landing, Carolina Jeep tour, and my son could not get enough of Magiquest.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank melros34
Reviewed August 13, 2006

This is our 3rd year staying at the Coral Beach. We were in an ocean front efficiency on the 10th floor. The room had new carpeting, painting and furniture, very nice. This was a smoking floor which we would have preferred not to have. I was told they could not guarantee a non-smoking room but they sent a house keeper to spray the room and offered us an ionizer to help with the smell( after the first day spray the room smelled fine the rest of the week).
The all of the pools were cleaned every morning (I know I watched them from my balcony).
If you go to bed early you may want to avoid the oceanfront room beacuse Kareoke goes until midnight, I enjoyed listening to it myself.
The towels were your standard thin towels, but they kept us well stocked ( I brought my own from home).
Elevators were VERY busy. My experience in Myrtle Beach hotels is that they are always busy and you just need to learn patience or stay on a low floor so you can walk.
Parking is fantastic, always a place to part with no problem.
I highly recommend this hotel. Give it a try.

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank aobrien16
Reviewed August 12, 2006

The Coral Beach Hotel was a bit of a disappointment to this well travelled British family who went there in August 2006. The room itself was fairly good, with a bedroom containing two good-sized double beds with television, then the kitchen next to the bathroom, before getting through to the lounge with another television and balcony overlooking the sea. This also protected the bedroom from the nightly kareoke sessions at the beach side bar.

The disappointment with the Coral Beach came with the pool area. We firstly started sitting around the main pool, which unfortunately was very hot as it was during a heat wave and there was very little wind coming to that part of the frontage. This also meant you were in direct line with the full blast of the speakers from the live band which played between 1pm and 5pm at the pool every day. Why do these guys always want to show off how powerful their kit is? This also meant of course that we were near lots of Americans who can't resist giving a woo haa at the end of each song!

We relocated down the other end of the pool complex around the lazy river, which did protect us to some degree from the music and had better sea breezes, but unfortunately got us downwind of the burger bar, and therefore we had to suffer the smell of that all day. Perhaps Americans are different from Europeans, who like to lie by the pool in peace and serenity and perhaps read a book. or two. I don't suppose we thought we were going to get a daily pop concert when we booked the Coral Beach.

Many people complained about the lifts, and unfortunately they are pretty archaic. Part of the problem is due to bad discipline by hotel guests. Desperate to get a lift, they would press the up and down arrows, working on the assumption that it's better to be in any lift whichever direction it happened be going in. Unfortunately this meant that half the time, a lift would stop at a floor, the doors would open and there would be no one there, as it was another bogus request.

One of the reasons we chose Coral Beach was to be close to the action in Myrtle Beach, but unfortunately there were very few restaurants in decent walking distance of the hotel, which meant having to get the car out to go for a meal every evening which as the driver wasn't very satisfactory!

The hotel is gaudily painted and for a place of its size has limited eating facilities. Our overall opinion is that this was not a good choice on our part as there must be better hotels to choose, from the thousands on offer in his part the woods. It does however have a glorious location right on the beach, but so did many others. We won't be going back!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
1  Thank Alan H
Reviewed August 8, 2006

My husband, daughter and I stayed here from 7/29-8/5,2006. We had a 1 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor. The view was wonderful, the room very clean and spacious, the staff was very friendly and polite. Each night we went to Karaoke at the beach side bar, very family friendly, ( our daughter is in college, but there were many small children there and noone ever was offensive), this was so much fun watching the different people sing and attempt to sing. The pools were kept clean as well as the decking around them. The elevators were slow,(busy time of year), the wait was never too long, but were told that they are installing new ones in September after the busy season. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone, young or old. There is plenty of parking, mostly underground so your car is not in the direct sunlight which was good. We will definitely go back to Coral Beach.

Stayed: July 2006