The Coral Beach Hotel was a bit of a disappointment to this well travelled British family who went there in August 2006. The room itself was fairly good, with a bedroom containing two good-sized double beds with television, then the kitchen next to the bathroom, before getting through to the lounge with another television and balcony overlooking the sea. This also protected the bedroom from the nightly kareoke sessions at the beach side bar.
The disappointment with the Coral Beach came with the pool area. We firstly started sitting around the main pool, which unfortunately was very hot as it was during a heat wave and there was very little wind coming to that part of the frontage. This also meant you were in direct line with the full blast of the speakers from the live band which played between 1pm and 5pm at the pool every day. Why do these guys always want to show off how powerful their kit is? This also meant of course that we were near lots of Americans who can't resist giving a woo haa at the end of each song!
We relocated down the other end of the pool complex around the lazy river, which did protect us to some degree from the music and had better sea breezes, but unfortunately got us downwind of the burger bar, and therefore we had to suffer the smell of that all day. Perhaps Americans are different from Europeans, who like to lie by the pool in peace and serenity and perhaps read a book. or two. I don't suppose we thought we were going to get a daily pop concert when we booked the Coral Beach.
Many people complained about the lifts, and unfortunately they are pretty archaic. Part of the problem is due to bad discipline by hotel guests. Desperate to get a lift, they would press the up and down arrows, working on the assumption that it's better to be in any lift whichever direction it happened be going in. Unfortunately this meant that half the time, a lift would stop at a floor, the doors would open and there would be no one there, as it was another bogus request.
One of the reasons we chose Coral Beach was to be close to the action in Myrtle Beach, but unfortunately there were very few restaurants in decent walking distance of the hotel, which meant having to get the car out to go for a meal every evening which as the driver wasn't very satisfactory!
The hotel is gaudily painted and for a place of its size has limited eating facilities. Our overall opinion is that this was not a good choice on our part as there must be better hotels to choose, from the thousands on offer in his part the woods. It does however have a glorious location right on the beach, but so did many others. We won't be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc