“Great Place to stay with young children!”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, WV
“Great Place to stay with young children!”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

With the new childrens activities pool, along with the arcade, bowling, and the childrens play area, my two boys (2 years & 5 years) had a great time and can't wait to go back next year!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (703)
WV
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We just got home from there and WOW it was everything we paid for the service was outstanding. We stay at the Coral Beach Resort IT was a family get together and about 25 of us all got together and had a blast. We will definately choice THis Resort for our next trip.

• Stayed June 2009
Coshocton, Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2009

We stayed at Coral Beach for three nights. We were very impressed with the cleanliness of the pools & rooms. We took advantage of the breakfast buffet every morning at the hotel, the pools & beach in the afternoon & the comedy club, bowling alley and karaoke during the evenings. The hotel check-in staff was very helpful with locating restaurants for dinner & explaining the free nights program. We especially enjoyed the friendly staff that served us for the breakfast buffet. Our short stay was very enjoyable and we are already planning a return trip.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
North Carolina
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Our overall experience was great. The room was adequate, but not special. The beds were just okay, but everything made up for what the room lacked. The location was great, the pools were awesome and our kids really enjoyed the Kid Zone. The beach was beautiful and very enjoyable. The balcony over looking the beach was great and we could enjoy the nightly kareoke from there. This was our first family beach trip with our 5 and 3 year old children and we would definitely go back.

Ohio
Reviewed June 23, 2009

Excellent accomadations with lots of in hotel activities for all ages of children. Excellent service on every level. Very clean hotel with staff always working hard to make your stay enjoyable and stress free. Front desk staff worked very hard to accomadate our family in upgrading our room upon arrival and staying and additional night in the same room something you do not find in most hotels. Our room had a fantastic view of the beach and we had everything we needed. There are many amenities at the hotel you do not even have to leave while vacationing your kids will be entertained as well as adults. The best thing we found were the many pools to accomadate different ages of kids. The only complaint our family had about the hote was every floor did not have ice machines so if you where on a floor without one you had to wait on busy elevators just to get ice. Something very minor to complain about.

Greeneville TN.
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We have stayed there for twenty years. EVERYTHING is GREAT location is perfect . GREAT for families with small children, they have a new kiddie play pool that's awesome!!! WE also enjoyed the live music at the beach bar everyday!! The staff is very COURTEOUS AND HELPFULL. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very spacious. WE CAN'T WAIT FOR OUR NEXT STAY AT CORAL BEACH !!

Canton, MI
Reviewed June 20, 2009

Alright, here's the real review, for anybody who cares to travel to MB. I went with my extended family: wife, in-laws (including sister-in-law), my parents, and my sister. There were eight of us. There is ONE awesome thing about this place: location. The hotel is literally 5-10 minutes from the airport and it is right on the beach. If you go, pay for the beach view, it is worth it. The balcony of the hotel room has a huge, 3-pane sliding glass door overlooking the Atlantic and it is awesome to relax, drink a beer, have a cup of coffee, or read a book on. It was definitely the best part of the hotel.

This hotel boasts 10 pools. I figured there would be 10 pools. Let me explain: There is one outdoor pool and one indoor pool. The rest of the pools consist of 5 hot tubs (and it's 95 in the summer, you don't want a hot tub), one kiddie pool which is about 2 inches deep, and one lazy river (which has loads of kids doing cannonballs into it sans parental supervision). Therefore, the one pool which is refreshing and you can swim in is WAY overcrowded with people. You need to get downstairs by 8 AM to put your towels down, or you will not get a chair at the pool, period. Now, if you can get a chair at the pool, you can bring your own cooler/booze down with you and nobody bothers you. There's a nice ocean view and breeze and hot sun galore. But you do have to deal with a bajillion kids. Most everybody did, but we didn't travel with any young kids, so it was kind of annoying to us.

Food is crap. The breakfasts are overpriced buffet garbage and the lunch menu is: cheeseburger, chicken salad, or hot dog. The drinks at the hotel bar are overpriced: $4 for a beer and around $8 for a mixed drink. But again, you can bring your own booze to the pool. You will have to drive for food, but it wasn't too big of a deal. Plus, the kitchens were adequate to provide a place to eat and store your breakfast and lunch.

The rooms were not good. They were clean; that's the only compliment I would give them. The beds were rocks, the sheets were nasty, the pillows were flat and gross, the TVs were outdated, the carpet was old, the sinks/faucets were rusty, the shower curtain was moldy, etc. This hotel needs to be gutted and start over again. This was a huge disappointment, since we called the hotel and asked them when the last time they renovated the hotel. They said 3 years ago, which seemed to be an absolute lie. The kitchen was adequate for our needs. A big fridge, a stove, coffee pot, etc. Buy your own disposable dishes when you get there, unless you're feeling brave.

The amenities at the hotel were average at best. I'm a bowler, so I was excited there was a bowling alley. Well, there was sort of a bowling alley. There were 8 lanes, you had to keep your own score, the lanes weren't oiled at all, and there was a sign that said, "Use your own ball at your own risk". I average around a 160 and I bowled a 70. It's not really bowling. There was a sports bar, a comedy club, and a dance club in the hotel, but after the days' worth of activities, we wanted to go explore areas other than Coral Beach.

At nights, there is karaoke at the beachside bar. At first, this was very fun. We had a good time having some drinks and listening to people singing. By day 3, it was old. By day 6, we wanted to shoot ourselves. The entertainment is exactly the same every single day: beachy music during the day, karaoke at night. You're better off heading to a bar or taking a walk on the beach.

As I said earlier, location was the best part of Coral Beach. There was something to do for everyone. The guys golfed twice; there are awesome courses that aren't too expensive within 15 minutes. My sister's really into local art and she found an art museum during the day. My wife loves aquariums, so we went to Ripley's Aquarium one night. I'm a food snob, and every meal I had (outside the hotel, of course), was delicious. Especially Romana Italiana, a small Italian joint on Kings Highway just west of the hotel. It seriously had the best Italian food I've ever eaten, hands down. If you are up for a short drive, Murrell's Inlet is about 15 minutes south on King's Highway and boasts lots of original restaurants with cool views of inlet water.

As far as Myrtle Beach nightlife goes, about the only thing to do is Broadway at the Beach. It's about a 15 minute drive and it has lots of bars, restaurants, etc. They had a Hardrock Cafe, Senor Frog's, Fat Tuesdays, a dueling piano bar, a few dance clubs, etc. One night, the kids went out boozin' and took a taxi home. After tip, the ride was only $20, so it wasn't too far from the hotel.

One last thing: The customer service of the hotel is non-existent. We had our room cleaned once by a maid all week. And by "cleaned", I mean they made our bed. The staff is flat out not friendly, with the exception of the ladies at the front desk. They were very kind and helpful. Be sure you don't arrive before the 3:30 check in time. Our flight came in around noon. We carted our 10 pieces of luggage (there were 3 girls traveling with us!) into the hotel and checked in. We were told our rooms would be ready at 3. I asked for the place to store our luggage. The lady at the front desk said there was no place to put it. This was unacceptable. I asked them what I was supposed to do with it. It's ridiculous to expect a paying customer to stare at his luggage for 3 hours while they wait for their room to be ready. I asked to speak to a manager. I explained the situation to the manager. The manager said they do have a room, but it was Saturday and the room was full. I asked if we could try to find another room. She said no. I asked what I was supposed to do with the luggage? She then gave me this gem: "Sir, before you made your travel plans, did you happen to notice our check-in time of 3:30?" I couldn't believe my intelligence was being insulted over this. So, at that point, I told the lady that Northwestern Airlines could care less about the Coral Beach check-in time and that she was extremely rude and walked away. As I walked away, she literally yelled out at me: "I hope you have a wonderful stay and please come again!" She said it with a snotty tone and was sarcastic as anything. I personally have never witnessed customer service so poor.

To make a long story short, you get what you pay for. CB is very inexpensive and in a great location. If someone asked me if they should stay there, I would say yes, but with reservations and explanations. I hope this helps everybody's travel planning.

3 Thank jhelmes