“I was a little disappointed...”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
A TripAdvisor Member
“I was a little disappointed...”
Reviewed June 28, 2004

I have to say I was a little disappointed about my stay at Coral Beach. I always look for hotels that are family friendly and offer alot of activities for kids. The pools, lazy river, and game room/bowling provided a lot of things for kids to do. The rooms were clean and staff were friendly. And while I read on line about the beach bar, I had no idea that it was an "open" bar. Because of this, many of the people at the pools were not guests of the hotel. In addition, there was karoke...until after 11pm. We were in a 1 bdr suite, so fortunately my 6yo daughter and nephew did not hear the noise; however, my husband and I had to listen to it b/c we slept on the pullout. (we were on the 5th floor) This was a little irritating to me. Would I stay again? Probably not. My idea of family friendly is not an open beach bar and late night karoke.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
Reviewed June 20, 2004

The rooms were pretty nice for beach front, we went with another couple who had an ocean front room, while we resevered an ocean view. (Really is just a peak at the ocean) The pools were great the toddlers enjoyed the variety of kiddie pools. The teens in our group loved the arcade. The kitchen was ok (if you plan to cook bring your on cookware). The hotel was near many attractions. We would definately think about staying here again.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2004

I have been staying at Coral Beach for the last 3 years. I come down in October every year and absolutly love the place. The beachside bar is a great feature, along with the abundant pools, heated and not, indoors and out. The rooms are huge with a great balcony and view of the Majestic Atlantic Ocean. I will be coming back year after year. Tell Marko to get me a Jack and Coke ready around 1 p.m. October 10th!!!

Reviewed June 13, 2004

Coral Beach's lobby was very impressive. The rooms looked a little worn but that is what I expected from the pictures on the net. My visit to the Coral Beach was wonderful. My children went bowling during the day and my husband and I sat at the bar listening to the karokee and live band. Wonderful!! We aren't drinkers but to see others drink and have fun is fun enough for us.

I am planning on going back for sure.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2004

I read all of these bad reviews...and was a little anxious about what it would be like. However, let me be perfectly honest with you...it was a lovely hotel and my kids had a blast. They loved everything about it. I was extremely please. It was clean and nice. The location is wonderful. The beach was amazing. I am only writing this review because I find it hard to believe that some people actually said it wasn't the place for kids to be. For anyone else out there who felt like I did and got scard and nervous because of the bad reviews...rest assured that they are not true. It was a great vacation hotel full of many things to do. The indoor pool was awesome...the outdoor pools were awesome. I was just at the Coral Beach on May 18-20. It was great.

8 Thank sscott17
Ogdensburg NY
Reviewed May 19, 2004

I would like to say that I think Coral Beach is a awesome hotel to stay at. We just took a family trip the last week of April and the kids have'nt stopped talking about it. The weather was great, the hotel was one of the best we have ever stayed at and the price was right. We will definietly go there again. Thanks Coral Beach for the great time. Mary

• Stayed April 2004
7 Thank funhouse43
Reviewed May 11, 2004

Stayed May 4-8th. I booked the Coral Beach back in March and so visited this website regulary and got a little worried. But then decided to check other hotels in the Myrtle Beach area on the website and there were complaints on them also.

IT IS A BEACH FRONT HOTEL!! Not the Ritz.

We had a great time. It was like having a little apartment for 4 days. There was cigs burns in a chair and a iron burn in the carpet and I do wondered where they spent the renovation $$. But for the price and with the hotel amenities it was GREAT. Clean towels, a general store, bars, pools, etc.

One complaint watch where you park your car on the lobby level parking lot, might find your car has been bomb by pigeon droppings.

• Stayed May 2004