“Repeat customer”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Pequannock, NJ
Reviewed May 2, 2004

We have stayed at the Coral Beach for 2 years. We plan on staying there again in August. We have had no major complaints. It's close enough to the amusements, but still far enough to avoid the "cruising" area. The rooms were fine, not immaculate, but fine. Our garbage was emptied, sheets were changed, bathroom cleaned. The elevators were slow, but we got passed that. We saved quite a bit of money there compared to other hotels in the same area. And if you look them up, there are still the same complaints at all of them. The kids love it. Plenty to do, especially if the weather is bad. Drunk people? Well, yeah, I guess if there is a bar that can happen. Maid service was good both times, but I guess there can be a bad one in the batch as wekk. I'll update my review this August just in case the whole place went south since last year. Somehow I doubt it.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (3,178)

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed May 2, 2004

Imagine having your 4 year old daughter and 5 year old son climb into the pull out bed only to find a USED condom in the bed with them. I have never been so disgusted in my life!!! We have stayed at Coral Beach about 10 times prior to this trip. We noticed that the service and the cleanliness were going downhill, but decided to give it another try....NEVER EVER again after this.Don't do it...it is filthy!!Oh by the way, they didn't even act like what happend was a big deal....a used condom in my children's bed not a big deal?

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
King, NC
Reviewed April 30, 2004

I had read the bad reviews for the hotel but thought we should give it a try since it was voted Best Family Accomodations for 2003.
We, my husband, 5 year old trriplets, and I visited from April 26, 2004 through May 1, 2004.
We got the suite with two beds, kitchen, living room with a pull down bed. The room was pretty but not the cleaniest. The maid didn't wipe the table, sink area in the bath room or kitchen so we went out any bought clorox wipes to clean with. We don't think the sheets were ever changed and the bottom sheets kept coming up so we would have to get up in the night and fix the bed.
The pools were nice and they had a live band by the pool which played something for everyone.
Since there is a bar by the pool you can expect to see some tipsy people but at night it was really bad. My daughter and I were leaving the bowling lane, which was fun but the guy behind the counter put a hamburger to cook, got our shoes, and went back to cooking all with out washing his hands. He also charged us even though we had a coupon and he just ignored us when we tried to rectify the situation. Back to leaving. My husband and our sons stayed to play video games. As my daughter and I were waiting for the elevator four guys got off. The looked dressed to golf all except for one younger guy. He was really messed up. He was being vulger and acting inapporpriate. It scared my daughter. The next elevator came and we got on. I didn't expect my daughter to see such things in a "family friendly environment". This is just one incident we encountered with drunk, vulgar people. We will not be taking our family there again. Drunkness happens everywhere but it happened to many times in a "family friendly" place. I wouldn't recommend it if you have young children. Don't forget your clorox wipes.

• Stayed: April 2004
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Cazenovia, NY
Reviewed April 26, 2004

Rooms could be much cleaner and updated (heard many complaints in elevators for other guests as well) Many pools, very clean. With so many pools, perhaps 1 should be designated for adults only to swim. This hotel is quite nice for small children- many things to do. Day time entertainment (weather permitting) was excellent. Karokee was nice for the 1st couple nites. Food in the hotel could be better - Sunday brunch, not many choices and quite overpriced although staff was very courteous. All staff at the hotel were very friendly and quite helpful.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Bemus Point NY
Reviewed April 23, 2004

Ive read numerous bad reviews about the Coral beach, and I must ask "Are we staying at the same hotel?" We've stayed here since 1990 and our stay has always been excellent. Our stay here this spring break of 04 was right on oar. Even though the rooms are all smoking, ours (on the 4th floor oceanfront) was free of any burns, and was extremely clean...and was cleaned every day with replacement of towels, soap, shampoo, and everything needed. Our maid was more than friendly and accomadated to our every need, for example, to clean the room after 12 every day. Both of our air conditioners worked great, and didn't emit any foul odors. The linens were free of stains and changed daily. Our balcony was excellent, and clean. The bathroom was spotless and everything worked as it should. All of the pools were clean as could be except I was dissapointed that they had neglected to heat our favorite one (the far one by the waterfall) but the ocean front one and the indoor were heated to the mid 90's. The numerous hot tubs were also heated to the mid 100's. The daily music was another added bonus since our last stay in 2000. The bar and outside grill was excellent and fairly priced. One disadvantage was that the karoke went past 12 am and blocked out the sound of the ocean. The newly renovated lobby was superb and the service from the clerks was excellent. The onsite bowling alley and arcade was great and there was almost always an open lane (with NO vancancy). There were always poolside chairs available even with a full guest load.

I cannot say enough about the quality of the stay we got this year (spring break 04) and have always received from this first rate hotel. We'll surely be going back again and again.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Gordonville,PA
Reviewed April 22, 2004

We have been staying at the Coral Beach for the past few years and have been very pleased over all with our stays, including this Easter. I'm surprised we can have such an enjoyable time year after year and some people can't wait to leave. We first found the hotel after we had to leave another place down the road because of their horrible conditions. I can tell you I'm not an employee of the Coral Beach and would recommend this resort to all my friends.

Reviewed April 11, 2004

The worst place I have stayed. Dirty, yuck, yuck, yuck! Hairs everywhere, soap scum in the shower. I want to know who these people are that have recently given positive reviews to this place. They certainly cannot be staying at the same place. I went back and read a few negative reviews, and those sound very familiar. Is the hotel cheating by having their staff write postive reviews just to attract customers? Bed sheets had disguting looking stains everywhere. The stench from the cigarette smoke and the air freshener they use to cover that up. No way, stay at another place. Never again will I take someones word that they have recently renovated with over 2 million dollars, becasue that cannot be true. Take my word for it, I am not on the staff of the Coral Beach... this place is gross!

2  Thank shinybutton