I had read the bad reviews for the hotel but thought we should give it a try since it was voted Best Family Accomodations for 2003.
We, my husband, 5 year old trriplets, and I visited from April 26, 2004 through May 1, 2004.
We got the suite with two beds, kitchen, living room with a pull down bed. The room was pretty but not the cleaniest. The maid didn't wipe the table, sink area in the bath room or kitchen so we went out any bought clorox wipes to clean with. We don't think the sheets were ever changed and the bottom sheets kept coming up so we would have to get up in the night and fix the bed.
The pools were nice and they had a live band by the pool which played something for everyone.
Since there is a bar by the pool you can expect to see some tipsy people but at night it was really bad. My daughter and I were leaving the bowling lane, which was fun but the guy behind the counter put a hamburger to cook, got our shoes, and went back to cooking all with out washing his hands. He also charged us even though we had a coupon and he just ignored us when we tried to rectify the situation. Back to leaving. My husband and our sons stayed to play video games. As my daughter and I were waiting for the elevator four guys got off. The looked dressed to golf all except for one younger guy. He was really messed up. He was being vulger and acting inapporpriate. It scared my daughter. The next elevator came and we got on. I didn't expect my daughter to see such things in a "family friendly environment". This is just one incident we encountered with drunk, vulgar people. We will not be taking our family there again. Drunkness happens everywhere but it happened to many times in a "family friendly" place. I wouldn't recommend it if you have young children. Don't forget your clorox wipes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc