We just returned from a trip with our 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 year old boys. The resort is wonderful - the pools are amazing - clean and warm and welcoming. The beach was fantastic - clean and safe.
Our room (Oceanfront 1 Bedroom King Condo) was exactly what we wanted, with a fantastic view. The staff (front desk, housekeeping, bowling alley etc.) were all extremely friendly, and often went out of their way to help us.
Having the kitchenette was great so that we weren't eating out all the time. There is only the breakfast restaurant on-site (I heard rumors about lunch on the patio, but it was closed while we were there - the only explanation was that "we told the chef he could go home"???)
The beds were really comfy - even the Murphy Bed in the livingroom was good (better than expected).
One of the winners in our mind was the location of this resort - it was oceanfront, and a short drive from the attractions at the main boardwalk (around 5 minutes), and a short drive to celebrity circle (around 10 minutes) and so on. For some people, they might want to be closer to the action, but for us, we preferred the quieter end of the beach where it wasn't as busy.
The only real down side was that from Thursday - Saturday nights, they play extremely loud music on the beachfront patio. This is awesome if you don't have two little ones trying to sleep in an oceanfront room. It doesn't go too late - maybe 10 or 11? But it sounds like the speakers are right on your balcony. It's forgivable for the great view from the room, though.
* oven mitts if you plan on using the oven
* some sort of over-the-door hook or drying rack or SOMETHING to dry your bathing suits and towels on. The shower curtain rod is one of the curvy ones, so if you hang them on that, the water just drips all over the floor. I was surprised that there wasn't one of those retractable lines or hooks or anything.
* your own lawnchairs or shelter for the beach unless you want to pay $30 to rent the great ones that they already have there. We were only there for a few hours, so I didn't want to pay that.
* Guest laundry - $1.50 to wash and $1.00 to dry your clothes, Great machines - they did a good job. The front desk can make change for you.
* For our room (7th floor, ocean facing), the internet was inaccessible from the bedroom, but worked ok in the livingroom.
* We came on the last week of April. The weather was warm and the resort wasn't busy - it was a great time to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc