Overall we were very happy that we selected this hotel. The room (a king suite) was more than adequate for just the two of us. Our criteria was simple enough - a heated indoor pool with jacuzzi and a sea front room with a clear view of the beach and ocean....the indoor pool is fabulous (though a little on the cold side), there were three jacuzzis, sauna's. We enjoyed it all to ourselves which was wonderful.
When we checked in we had been allocated a room on the 2nd floor despite our request for a room on a higher floor when we booked.....this was fixed quickly, without fuss and we ended up in room 930 - fabulous view, pity about the huge, ugly stain on the carpet at the foot of the bed, practically the first thing you notice upon entering. Buy a rug or replace the carpet....till then do not put guests in there when you have a virtually empty hotel. The rooms are dated, but pleasant, the bed was comfortable but the pillows were the worst I have EVER used. Both of us struggled to sleep because of the crappy pillows - you will wish you had brought your own with you I promise. There was a huge amount of towels in the bathroom, no shortage of them...but they are really thin and scratchy. We were given the same towels for the pool - bring your own beach/pool towels too.
The resort has it's own bowling alley, you can recieve a voucher for free games from the concierge desk - you will need to listen to a quick sales pitch in exchange for it.....did not mind that at the time, but when we went to redeem the coupon at 8.50pm on Tuesday night we discovered it was only valid from 4pm-8pm, pity the guy forgot to mention that in lieu of his spiel.
Every employee we encountered was friendly, helpful and professional. Parking is on site and easy. Lovely landscaping with great beach access from the pool deck. We will absolutely be back. ...if only they could guarantee that we will have a private pool again......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With more on site amenities and entertainment than any other Myrtle Beach resort, it's no surprise that the Travel Channel named Coral Beach "Best Family Accommodations". Some of the ingredients that make us a destination and not just a resort include an on-site 8 AMF lane bowling alley, recreation center with video arcade game room, pool tables, foosball and air hockey, 10 pool attractions including outdoor and indoor pools, water park, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis, kiddie pools, lazy river, children's activity center, his/her saunas, live entertainment daily on the pool deck (in-season) and karaoke nightly (in-season), family magic show (in-season), glow bowling, fitness center, General Store & Gift Shop and spacious meeting/banquet facilities. It's no wonder that families for over 20 years have found Coral Beach Resort & Suites the most fun place to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Coral Beach Resort & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coral Beach Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Coral Beach
- Coral Reef Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Resort Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Coral Beach Myrtle Beach Sc
- Coral Reef Hotel Myrtle Beach Sc