“Great place...we will be back!”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charleston, South Carolina
“Great place...we will be back!”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Overall we were very happy that we selected this hotel. The room (a king suite) was more than adequate for just the two of us. Our criteria was simple enough - a heated indoor pool with jacuzzi and a sea front room with a clear view of the beach and ocean....the indoor pool is fabulous (though a little on the cold side), there were three jacuzzis, sauna's. We enjoyed it all to ourselves which was wonderful.
When we checked in we had been allocated a room on the 2nd floor despite our request for a room on a higher floor when we booked.....this was fixed quickly, without fuss and we ended up in room 930 - fabulous view, pity about the huge, ugly stain on the carpet at the foot of the bed, practically the first thing you notice upon entering. Buy a rug or replace the carpet....till then do not put guests in there when you have a virtually empty hotel. The rooms are dated, but pleasant, the bed was comfortable but the pillows were the worst I have EVER used. Both of us struggled to sleep because of the crappy pillows - you will wish you had brought your own with you I promise. There was a huge amount of towels in the bathroom, no shortage of them...but they are really thin and scratchy. We were given the same towels for the pool - bring your own beach/pool towels too.
The resort has it's own bowling alley, you can recieve a voucher for free games from the concierge desk - you will need to listen to a quick sales pitch in exchange for it.....did not mind that at the time, but when we went to redeem the coupon at 8.50pm on Tuesday night we discovered it was only valid from 4pm-8pm, pity the guy forgot to mention that in lieu of his spiel.
Every employee we encountered was friendly, helpful and professional. Parking is on site and easy. Lovely landscaping with great beach access from the pool deck. We will absolutely be back. ...if only they could guarantee that we will have a private pool again......

Room Tip: For an restricted sea view ask for a room on the fourth floor or above.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nic_says

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (696)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed December 20, 2012

You guys are great we had fresh towels and washclothes the whole time and the staff was super friendly.I would definately stay here again.If i could afford it i would stay here during the summer but i cant.Love this place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NCOGNITO88
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Took my daughter and her friends for her 13th birthday. The hotel had everything! Heated pool, bowling, arcade and super clean rooms! Staff was very friendly at check in and check out. Beautiful well kept property. Will definitely come back.

Room Tip: I chose the family suite it had everything we needed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Donna P
Flanders, New Jersey
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My family and I had the pleasure of staying at Coral Beach. My children fell in love with the indoor pool. As for myself and my husband; we were pleased with the condition of the resort. Everything was clean and well maintained and the staff was very nice and helpful. I would recommend this resort to any of my family and friends. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Kim K
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in December and was super impressed. The rate was perfect and the room was spectacular. Great amenities, clean rooms and the staff were so friendly. Also the location was perfect, very close to the new board walk, yet just far enough away so that your not in the crowd.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank L M
Calhoun, Georgia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Our family visits Myrtle beach at least once a month. We come to visit my boyfriends son. Our drive is 6 and a half hours one way. So, as you can imagine, we our exhausted by the time we get there and our time is limited while we are there. Staying here was great because we do not have to drive every where and wonder what we were going to do or where we were going to go.I know traveling can be exhausting. For people who only have a short amount of time, this place has everything under one roof. An awesome place for the whole family and it is located right on the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Candyrenee
Suffolk, NY
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I came to Myrtle Beach in December to do some work. I know it is the off-season and the resort was much the same way. The property is well maintained and the staff was absolutely awesome. I only had one meal in the restaurant. It was cooked properly and fairly priced. I was wondering if the service was so good only because the place was not busy. But I spoke to another guest who told me the staff is just as responsive in the peak season as it was in the slow times. That was all I needed to say this place is a winner. Thank-you Deanna. You and your staff are tops! My one suggestion is a work table in the rooms. Although I am sure not many people come here as I did to work.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business