“A Great, Affordable Family Vacation!!”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #11 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 21, 2008

What a great family destination to take our summer week's vacation! There was plenty to do for the kids/teenagers as well as us grown ups! From the bowling alley/arcade to the live entertainment at the great outdoor bar/grill........not to mention that you're right in the middle of all the major Ocean Blvd. attractions that Myrtle Beach has to offer! Our room was very clean and nice.........(it appeared that there had been some renovations done since our last stay) and our ocean view was absolutely stunning! All and all, our stay at Coral Beach encompassed everything we could ever expect for a fun filled family week at the beach and the money we saved, compared to other locations close by, left us with plenty of our vacation budget to enjoy nightlife/other activities etc..... with our family in sunny Myrtle Beach S.C..........See you in 2008!!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family

Reviewed March 20, 2008

we took a long weekend my wife and i.we stayed at the holiday pavilion .which is right down town myrtle beach.the location was great your right in the mist of things.just newly renovated and the service was real good. a nice place to stay for couples and family

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Tonight is March 16, 2008, and I just got home about 3 hours ago from a week at Coral Beach. After reading many negative reviews, I was scared to go. I feared the room being all messed up and trashy, but it was not. The room was very nice and very comfortable. The 2 problems I had with the room were that the lock on the sliding glass ocean front door was broke, and there was no top lock on the front door making it easy for my 4 year old to open, so at night we had to move a very heavy table in front of the door in case he tried to sneak out. The hotel fixed the sliding door, but would not put a top lock on the front door. The bowling alley was nice, but like former folks did write on here, some of the lanes were kind of warped, but my 2 and 4 year old loved it. The pools were very clean and nice. The indoor play area was nothing but a joke, very small and filthy. The reason I will probably not go back is because though they claim to be a family resort, the only type of family that would really enjoy this place is a family of drunks. They are everywhere! The entire resort is full of cigg. smoke also. On every floor we were on, there was tall ash trays everywhere, and they were full of cigg. butts and empty beer bottles making for one horrible smell in front of the elevators. On several occasions my family and I had to deal with drunks stumbling by us, yelling at women and cussing. I know that I can not shelter my kids forever, but at 2 and 4 I don't want them around mess like that. If it were just my wife and I, we would probably stay there for the great ammenities and views, but for children, unless they are around drunks daily and you have no problem with it, please stay some where else. It is hard explaining to a 4 year old why an adult man is swaying and cussing while we were in the pool. Whoever worked for the travel channel and gave it the vote of confidence that they did, surely has no children or was either pretty wasted themselves, in my opinion.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank coolbreeze_8
Reviewed February 14, 2008

Well this review is 7 months old (I just recently joined this site) and lets just say I hope things at the hotel have been updated...... I first stayed at the Coral Beach 10 years ago. I remember the resort being top notch and modern.....Unfortunately, 10 years later, I believe our room still had the same carpet, furniture and even mattress!!!! The ocean front room was large, the view was wonderful, but the stained carpet smelled of mildew and was literally unraveling in several spots. The elevators reminded us of "freight" elevators with broken panels and no AC...In fact 2 of the 4 elevators were out of service for most of our weeks stay. Something else I found unbelievable.........No WIFI anywhere at the resort?????? I was told by the staff, I could plug my laptop into the hotel room phone line and get on the internet that way..........Hello.......does anybody even have a phone modem in their laptop anymore?????

Now the pool area was very nice, in fact there were several nice pools outside along with a large hot tub and a small lazy river. All the pools were clean. The resort is right on the beach so it is only a hundred yards from the pool to the ocean. The beach bar was cool and they had a barbecue type restaurant everyday for lunch. They also have an indoor restaurant for all your meals that is pretty good.

We were there for the week that included the 4th of July. The hotel had a few different bands throughout the week that were all rockin' On the off days they had Karaoke that was also pretty fun...

All in all, I would not go back unless I was told a complete "makeover" was done with prett much everything on the grounds..........

In all fairness, my family and I are used to high end, 4 star resorts in South Florida, Las Vegas and the Caribbean.........The Coral Beach is NOT on par with them at this time

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank cartaynic
Reviewed December 3, 2007

My husband and I traveled in November with my very active 2 year old. We loved the easy proximity to the beach; elevator down, and a very short walk pass the lovely pools and onto the beach! Our room, 724, could not have been any closer to the water. In fact, as we sat on the balcony while my daughter napped in the bedroom, we felt like we were on a cruise ship! This unit had new appliances and beds, which were very comfy. We actually slept very well on the murphy bed -so as to enjoy the ocean waves and use of the kitchen while daughter slept in the bedroom. Although an older building and a moderately priced resort, it is incredibly well-maintained and we were thrilled with the cleanliness (pitter patter goes those feet!) and the abscence of any mildew or funky beach smells. A good value. The staff - from housekeeping to restaraunt to front desk- were all super friendly. We enjoyed the indoor pool (it was November, although there were some die-hards in the lazy river) and the hot tubs. We even got in some bowling!! We did not want to do much, but what we did - the aquarium, eating seafood - was very convenient. Plus, the resort itself is easy to get to once you hit the beach (some hotels you can drive another 30-40 minutes to get to). I wish we were still there- breakfasting at the cute table in our suite overlooking the beach with the dolphins and pelicans and seagulls frolicking by. We will definitely return soon and can highly recommend this resort to anyone looking to go to the beach!!

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank luv2pack
Reviewed October 24, 2007

This was without a doubt the most enjoyable vacation I've ever had at the beach, and I'm a NC native and been going to the beach since birth.
The Coral Beach is everything we hoped for and more. The suite was clean, spacious,well equipped, and totally affordable. It could've used a larger coffee pot, but other than that, we had no complaints.We spent 5 nights, and hated to leave on Sunday. The staff was happy, smiling and accommodating.
There's so much offered at the hotel, you don't really have to go anywhere else, although we did check out a couple other beaches to get away from the "not-so-maddening crowd".
We were always glad to get "home" though. After a day on the beach, the pools and jacuzzis were wonderful, and the Tiki Bar on the beach with the live music was the cherry on top. What a way to spend the day.
With two balconeys in the corner suite, we turned off the air conditioning, and just left the doors open. Wow.
I'm telling all my friends and relatives to go here; it's the best for the money on the M.B.Grand Strand. and we'll definitely be back.
Cheryl Turner, Charlotte,NC

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank cdhet
Reviewed October 23, 2007

We first stayed at the Coral Beach Hotel in 1992 and have only stayed at one other resort in the past fifteen years. We average one to two vacations per year in Myrtle Beach. We had a four year old and six year old on our first stay who are now 19 and 21. The resort has always been our family's favorite and offers entertainment for all ages. This fall we stayed at the resort with another couple and had another outstanding vacation. We were even lucky enough to win a weekly cruise drawing and took a fabulous ride on an awesome yacht. It was the first time any of the four of us had ever seen the inside of such an expensive water craft. We really enjoyed the cruise and it topped off a great week. We hope to continue vacationing at the Coral Beach Resort.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with friends