“Wonderful”

Coral Beach Resort & Suites
Ranked #10 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 20, 2007

This was our first stay at Coral Beach, and after a few terrible stays at the Captains Quarters, we weren't sure what to expect. Our stay was wonderful. The room was spacious and clean, and the pools were terrific. The elevators were a bit slow and the kareoke was somewhat annoying at night, but we were able to get past these minor problem. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank marine154

Reviewed October 11, 2007

I booked my room over the phone and the reservationist informed me that the hotel was ok. I don't think the actual room is worth the amount of money we spent for it, but the other amenities were well worth the money. When we first entered the room, a VERY STRONG scent of air spray hit me in the face. It was so strong I could taste it. If you are looking for a party, this is the right hotel to go to. If you want peace and quiet, you may need to go somewhere else. the kareoke was great. It provided great entertainment. The pools were fillthy! I don't think they cleaned the pool or the hot tubs the whole three days we we were there. Our bathroom floor was filthy! My husband spilled a cup of water on the floor and used a towel to get it up. The towel was gross and full of dirt. I couldn't believe it. I think they should mop tthe floor everytime someone checkes out. I didn't trust the bed linen because of the floor. Thank God I brought my own sheets. The hotel operator said that the hotel had been renevated about two years ago. I CAN"T TELL. I don't think we would stay at that particular hotel again (not unless I have to), but what ever hotel we do stay in, we will come back to the Coral Beach for its entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dooddie
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were in Myrtle Beach with the Shriners, having stayed at Coral Beach before. The staff, particularly Lynette and Bernie, were extremely helpful in assisting us with all our activities and setups for banquets, decorations, etc. There is a beautiful banquet/party room on the sixth floor, and Lynette worked with us before arrival and after, and then Bernie and Lynette both put in long hours for us above and beyond the call of duty! We will definitely be recommending this hotel to others! Beautiful and lots of activities.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank obandsman
Reviewed October 8, 2007

My family and i stayed there and it was just great for the kids.
They had a good time even when we didn/t decide to leave the
beach and go out from the hotel.. They had music and
entertainment too. My kids just loves the karioke... and us
parents just love that we dont have to take them out everywhere
because of them being bored.. Vacations are supposed to also
be some relaxing not just running everywhere... The staff was
great also at suggesting fund things to do... The rooms were
also kept very clean... We'd suggest anyone with kids to check
it out.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2007

For $86/night we got an ocean front suite... not too shabby. Granted, October is the off-season, but it was still pretty warm so I felt like we got a great deal, considering.

The room was nice. There was a bedroom with two double beds, a full but small kitchen, a bathroom (also rather small), and a living area which opened to the balcony. The living area also had a pull-down bed in addition to a love seat, an armchair, and a table with 3 chairs.

Pros:
-One of the beds was comfortable (but the other wasn't).
-The place was clean, and the housekeeping staff was great about giving fresh towels promptly.
-The kitchen was nice for cooking breakfast, as we didn't want to go out for every meal. We ended up skipping lunch, so the only meals we went out for were dinners.
-The pools were very clean.
-You literally do not need to leave the property if you don't want to. There's a general store, a bowling alley, a restaurant, lots of pools, live entertainment, and of course the beach.
-I know others complained about the noise from the karaoke at night, but we didn't hear it at all in the bedroom.

Cons:
-As I said, one of the beds was not very comfortable.
-One of the burners on the stove was uneven, but it was still usable.
-The bathroom was pretty small, and our toilet started running our last full day there. We just dealt with it (turning the water to the toilet off between uses) since we were leaving soon and didn't feel like having maintenance in the room, but we did report it as we checked out.
-The lazy river was a little too lazy for our liking.

Overall we had a nice stay and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank VA_Girl
Reviewed October 7, 2007

My family and I stayed at the Coral and had a great time. I would definetly go back. The pools were nice, they had good frozen drinks from the bar, and the room was in pretty good shape. The restaurant was not good, and I would not recommend it. Eat elsewhere, plenty of places to choose from. Red Lobster is good. Lots of kids too. If you are bringing your family-this is the place. Lots to do there -Atlantis Marketplace, a great general store that had just about everything, a bowling alley, arcade, and a free jukebox! One of the better family resorts in MB.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank SPoe
Reviewed October 4, 2007

Loved the Coral Beach...clean pools...clean rooms...front desk staff was wonderful...did not have to leave the resort...entertainment on the pool deck...breakfast, lunch and dinner on site....and the bowling was great when we had a rainy day....the kids loved it as well. All in all had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family