“Fabulous beachfront deal”

Ranked #70 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New Hampshire, USA
“Fabulous beachfront deal”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

My son and I recently worked our way down the eastern seaboard staying in $70 hotels in nice locations. The Mermaid Inn was by far the sweetest deal -- right on the beach, view of the ocean, clean exterior and brand-new (or so it seemed) interior.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank JeffNewHampshire_USA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Pittsburgh
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I was very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of the front desk staff when I inquired about a room recently. Richard was particularly helpful. He was warm and welcoming, and willing to help me in any possible way. I congratulate you on hiring such a professional staff, and wish you good luck with your new venture. The rooms are beautful, and the location is the best on the beach - beautiful pool facilities - directly on the ocean - in a residential, safe neighborhood, but only two blocks from the main commercial avenue. Convenient to everything.

Room Tip: All rooms are convenient to pool and ocean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank georgeandobbie
fort brag
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I live in myrtle beach but wanted to take a "mini vaca" just to get away from reality with my boyfriend for a couple of nights. It was exactly what we both needed. The front desk staff was very friendly. Anything I needed seemed like an easy request. (even if I could of drove home to get it) The room was clean and smelled nice which is important for me. The next time family and friends are in town, I would send them to this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I hadn't been to Myrtle Beach in years, but I believe I have found my family's new vacation destination. I obviously had quite a few questions regarding what to do in the area and where to eat, etc.The staff was extremely attentive (and patient) and was very knowledgeable about the area. Since we've been back home, I have been recommending this hotel to our friends who vacation in Myrtle frequently, as well as the restaurants we tried at the hotel's suggestion. I can't wait to go back next summer!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank ErinKPA
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great vacation at The Mermaid Inn. The place was very clean. The location was awesome and staff was very helpful. Aaron Hardee made our trip very easy to plan and we will definitely be returning!! Our entire group was impressed by the value and experience!

• Stayed August 2013
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First let me start off by saying The staff at the Mermaid inn was very helpful. we checked in on Friday night and Aaron and Luke were the most friendliness people we encountered in Myrtle Beach so far that afternoon. Now we were hesitant a little bit at first because we knew this was the old a Cherry Tree Inn and a few of the reviews made it seem like people were having a bad day. However upon arrival all of our doubts were washed away and greeted with a smile and a gesture of good will wanting to help out people in need who did not book or prepare to go to Myrtle Beach on Labor Day weekend. Luke gave us a great rate and Aaron was most helpful in directing us to local shops and resturants. The facility was excellent and great view of the ocean and pool area. for being recently updated this place is somewhere we will continue to return year after year. We love The Mermaid Inn

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean, and well furnished. We would
Definitely come again. There is a quantity of very good restaurants in the nearby area. The beach is only footsteps away. The parking is accessible and quite close to each unit.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before registering.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple