“Awesome experience”

The Mermaid Inn
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Awesome experience”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a great vacation at The Mermaid Inn. The place was very clean. The location was awesome and staff was very helpful. Aaron Hardee made our trip very easy to plan and we will definitely be returning!! Our entire group was impressed by the value and experience!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

First let me start off by saying The staff at the Mermaid inn was very helpful. we checked in on Friday night and Aaron and Luke were the most friendliness people we encountered in Myrtle Beach so far that afternoon. Now we were hesitant a little bit at first because we knew this was the old a Cherry Tree Inn and a few of the reviews made it seem like people were having a bad day. However upon arrival all of our doubts were washed away and greeted with a smile and a gesture of good will wanting to help out people in need who did not book or prepare to go to Myrtle Beach on Labor Day weekend. Luke gave us a great rate and Aaron was most helpful in directing us to local shops and resturants. The facility was excellent and great view of the ocean and pool area. for being recently updated this place is somewhere we will continue to return year after year. We love The Mermaid Inn

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Oshawa, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We found the staff were helpful and friendly. The room was clean, and well furnished. We would
Definitely come again. There is a quantity of very good restaurants in the nearby area. The beach is only footsteps away. The parking is accessible and quite close to each unit.

Room Tip: Always ask to see the room before registering.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Mooresburg, Tennessee
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Pros: Nice sized room with nice king sized bed. Could see ocean from table. Microwave and small fridge. VERY nice desk clerk. Price. Sofa pulls out too, perfect for kids. If you are on a budget you could make this work fine and it is right on the beach. Play area, BBQ grill. If a hotplate is allowed you could save some money. I would say it was a good value.

Cons: No stove though it does have a sink. The door needed repair and we accidently left it unlocked all night. Guess under pro I should list we were undisturbed with unlocked door, lol! There was urine all over the toilet seat when we checked in. I know front desk would have had that cleaned right away but I just cleaned it myself. You have to run straight hot water for 15 min before you can get a shower. Don't use cold.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jeannie B
Villa Rica, Georgia
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had read about The Mermaid Inn on Tripadvisor. I was not disappointed at all! The location is excellent. It is in a quiet area, but close to all restaurants and attractions. The rooms are attractively updated with nice furnishings. The beds are very comfortable. It is just steps to the beach. I highly recommend The Mermaid Inn and would plan to stay again when visiting the area.

Room Tip: Rooms on the end closest to the beach have additional windows for a nice ocean view.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I have been trying to get late minute reservations for my family for Labor Day weekend without much success. However, when I actually walked in to discuss this dilemma with front desk, the response was overwhelming--Aaron, the front desk actually took my name, cell #, and email address to update me on last minute cancellations. The hotel is directly on the beach with great views and the hotel seems to be recently remodeled. I really appreciated this great customer service! By the way, they did contact me and I will be staying in their customer friendly, guest oriented, updated property steps from the beach! Way to go, The Mermaid Inn--that's what I call service!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
South Lyon, Michigan
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were referred to this place by an upscale resort in the area. I was shocked! Not only did I not feel that my family and I were not safe, but we also felt that the entire complex was DIRTY! It was dirty. My 7 year old son said "Mom, look! This bathtub has dirt in it!" It did have dirt in it. The entire bathroom was dirty. The floor was not swept let alone mopped! The air conditioner was loud and full of dust. My entire family had breathing issues in the morning. With the cost of the room being $119/ night, I did not expect the Taj Ma Hall! But, seriously? It was nasty.
It was on the water. Located in a nice area with some very nice hotels, resorts, and homes. The pool looked nice even though we did not utilize it because we were dying to leave!
Needless to say...we will not be returning!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family