“peaceful resort hotel with stunning view and excellent staff”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #70 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Overall it was a VERY pleasant and peaceful experience. It was a great deal for an off season getaway. The staff was incredibly courteous and responsive. The room was nice and comfortable. The bathroom needed a bit of a facelift. It was clean but the shower curtain had a faint smell of water rot, the tissue box fixture was falling off the wall and the exhaust fan sounded like a rusty helicopter. The housekeeping staff did a great job with towels and restocking necessities.
The parking option was not exactly convenient. We had to walk across a busy street and cross a parking lot and garage for other hotels before getting to our designated garage. I imagine that wouldn't be too bad in the summer but on coldy windy nights it was a little rough.
The Hot Tub and heated Lazy River were great!!! We enjoyed them three nights in a row :)
Thanks for wonderful memories for our 1 year anniversary!

Reviewed February 27, 2011

The only problem that we noticed was that the refrigerator was turned off when we got to the room, and the ceiling was peeling off over our bed. Other than that It was excellent. Enjoyed the stay, this is our third stay at your hotel. Will definitely come back and will refer friends to stay.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you had an enchanting weekend. I am sorry that that refrigerator was turned off when you first checked in and that the ceiling needs to be repainted. I am happy to read that this won’t deter you from coming back and staying with us in the future. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay from Tues. - Saturday. The ocean front king efficiency couldn't have been better. The room scored as high as possible on value, location,cleanliness and amenities, such as coffee, soaps, shampoos, and lotions. We also received a small gift for being Gold Crown elite members. The entire staff from check-in to assistance with luggage to maintenance and the cleaning staff were all friendly, efficient and courteous. This is a Best Western that you can truly be proud of. My husband and I drove to California from our home here in NC in March, 2007. We were gone for a month and spent every night of the trip in a Best Western facility. The Carolinian Beach Resort at Myrtle
Beach ranks at the top of the hotels we stayed in across the US and back.

1  Thank gcansler

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that during your travel you stayed at many Best Westerns and your found that our resort ranks at the top of all that you stayed at. I am glad that you enjoyed all the amenities that the resort offers and that all of our staff was friendly and efficient. I hope your travels will bring you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

This is a great hotel! The hotel offers a large variety of excellent breakfast, and its location is great! The beach is right next to the hotel, and shopping centers are everywhere! The hotel room itself is very convenient. It has a washing machine, a microwave, and many more. The hotel has a large amount of sevices, such as a lazy river, a relaxing hot tub, and an outdoor heated swimming pool. I love this hotel!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you were so impressed during your recent stay with us. I am glad that you liked how convenient all the shopping centers and restaurants are to the resort. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed February 25, 2011

Stayed for one night, wished it had been longer. We love walking down the beach and this is the perfect spot to do that. The only fault we could find with the place is that the sofa bed has seen a better day and needs to be replaced. We didn't sleep on it but it wasn't even comfortable as a sofa anymore and felt like it might have some broken slats. Beyond that one thing the place was perfect.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

An ocean front room, the full moon and warm February sun made our time there perfect.
Having the kitchen was a bonus.
The staff, every one of them, were helpful and just nice people. This is our fourth time staying here. Next year we are considering staying a month!!
My only strong suggestion would be to get a new sofa in the room. That was horrid and very uncomfortable to sit on.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you enjoyed looking at the moon from your room. I am glad that you have stayed with us so many times in the past and that you are planning on staying again in the future. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 23, 2011

I was there on a retreat because I had just lost my mother. It was soooo nice and quiet and very relaxing. The staff were great and we had no problems. The room was very very nice, fully equipped, we even extended an extra day because we just didn't want to leave. I have plans of coming back to this same hotel in a few months and hereafter. I truely enjoyed the peace and serenity of the oceanfront as well.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. First, I would like to say that I am so sorry for your recent loss. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a relaxing retreat. I am happy that you extended your stay for one day so you could enjoy the peace and serenity. We are looking forward to seeing you in a couple of months.