My husband and I took my mother to MB for a late Mother's Day gift. When we arrived at 3:30pm on Friday the 14th we were immediately given a room and the bell hop took our things to our room (if you use this service please remember to tip). That is a plus for us since my mother is handicapped and lugging our things upstairs would have been difficult. We were very surprised at how nice the room was and immediately the atmosphere was comfortable and relaxing . After a couple of hours we noticed the air conditioner and the refrigerator did not work. It was getting late so we opened the door and used our coolers and thought we would call down in the morning. We called down Saturday morning and maintenance came up while we were at breakfast and fixed the air conditioner and man what a difference. Unfortunately, we called twice about the refrigerator and it was never fixed. That was fine for us because we had 2 coolers and just made do. However, if we would have stayed longer this would have been and inconvenience. The room had a washer and dryer which was awesome for keeping our swim suites clean and sand free. We ran into several employees on the elevator and near the pool and they are all so friendly and appear to love their job which was a refreshing surprise. ***A tip for handicap travelers*** apparently there is a law in SC where you can park anywhere without paying if you have a handicap placard/tag. So park in the lot next door and display your handicap placard/tag and you do not have to pay and it is easy access to the elevator. We paid and found this out later. We didn't use the pool so I am not sure about the temp or cleanliness but I am sure it was just fine. Overall it was a very relaxing mini trip and oh yeah I almost forgot that for each night you get 2 free buffets at Magnolias restaurant which is about a block up the road and really good to be free. I would definitely recommend this hotel and only had a minor complaint and I am sure if I would have been persistent it would have been rectified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a great location, superb facilities and affordable rates at the Carolinian Beach Resort, an award-winning hotel where children under 18 stay FREE with parents. Enjoy a Myrtle Beach hotel with a friendly atmosphere and smartly-appointed accommodations for families, couples and group getaways. The Carolinian offers loads of great amenities that are sure to please including an on-site lazy river, oceanfront pool deck, direct beach access, and even FREE breakfast included with your reservation! During your resort stay, we encourage you to explore the variety of services available to you at our hotel and other Oceana Resorts in Myrtle Beach. From spa services at Awakening Spa located at the Anderson Ocean Club, to great guest privileges at area merchants, our resort offers a convenient location plus a variety of onsite services for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carolinian Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Best Western