“Fantastic”

Ranked #48 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
High Point
“Fantastic”
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Great Experience. Made the Thanksgiving holiday a wonderful time. Will most definitly come back in the summer and next Thanksgiving.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 4, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you had a great experience and that you had a wonderful time while staying with us. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
North Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2009

We had stayed with Best Western Carolinian many times over the years and had reservations for a 3 night stay in Nov '09. Unfortunately, our entire family came
down with the H1N1 virus and we were unable to go. When I called to reschedule
I was informed that I would be charged $21.80 for changing dates. I reminded them we were long time customers.......made no difference. Nothing I said mattered. Of course I wasn't very happy about that and considered cancelling entirely but then I would have lost my deposit. I will never stay with them again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 25, 2009
Thank you for writing a review. I am sorry to read that your family came down with a case of the H1N1. I hope that everyone is feeling better. As for your concern regarding the cancellation policy, I wanted to let you know that it is Oceana Resorts policy to offered the Vacation Protection Plan to each guest that makes a reservation through our call center or online. What the Vacation Protection Plan (VPP) allows the guest to do is: cancel up to the date of arrival (and receive a full refund less the cost of the VPP), make changes to the reservation and the guest can receive a refund for the nights not use if they have to leave early. I hope that this information helps you understand the policies that are put into place to protect our guests and hope that you will give us another chance in the future.

Colonial Beach, VA
Reviewed November 10, 2009

My husband and I didn't have too much money to spend on a hotel, and after reading countless reviews, we finally settled on this one, because other travelers seem pretty happy with that hotel.
We called the hotel directly, and the operator was really nice and helpful.
The hotel is right on the beach, however, the parking is a block away (maybe 30 seconds to walk there). The decor was nice, sort of a beach cottage look. At first, we were given the wrong room, because we had reserved an oceanfront one. The employees at the front desk quickly fixed the mistake. I have to say that all the employees that we met at the hotel were nice and polite.
Honestly, you could see the wear and tear in the bedroom from people coming back from the beach over the years. But I really didn't mind. The furniture was nice, and I loved the view.
I'd definitely would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 11, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that the employees were able to help you when you were given the wrong room type and that you had a great view from your room. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Buckeye country
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Just got back from 5 days at the Carolinian. I was the group leader of 24 golfers. This location is perfectly located to reach both courses in the North Myrtle Beach area and the South area. The staff from registration to check out was great.

• Stayed November 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that you and all of other golfers found this location to be perfectly located and that the staff was great. I hope that you will come back stay with us again the next time you come to town to play golf.

Dania Beach Fl
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I am from Dania Beach Fl and my golfing buddy is from Windsor Ontario Canada.
We met half way from each destintation. This is our first time golfing in Mrytle Beach
and were glad we stayed in the Ocean area. The hotel is centrally located for reaching
golfing, good restaurants and shopping.

The hotel staff was excellent from the Front Office Manager Jenn down to the cleaning
staff. I had a few times I needed help and everyone was pleased to take the time to assist me. The staff was well informed and helpful in locating and recommeding
good restaurants.The entire staff in the hotel are pleasant and cheerful. The accommations were very good and quiet, I know this is not there busy season but all staff were alert.

The hotel had high speed internet access in the front lobby and the room both worked
perfectly. The beach area is very clean and close to the pool area.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am happy to read that you and your golfing buddy decided to stay with us for your first trip to Myrtle Beach. I am glad that all of the staff was well informed and helpful when recommending places to eat in the area. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Danville, VA
Reviewed October 28, 2009

When I entered the hotel lobby to inquire about the "walk-in special", I was greeted with a smile. I asked about the special (the rate was amazing - we had been to 3 other hotels before checking here), then if we could take a look at the room. We took one look and knew this was where we wanted to stay (our anniversary!)
The accommodations were a one bedroom suite with an ocean view. It was very spacious with very nice furniture, a full kitchen area, large bathroom and bedroom with 2 double beds. Everything was exceptionally clean.
Housekeeping was very friendly and helpful - they responded immediately to our needs.
Parking was good (garage) or valet if you desired.
The location was excellent.
I just can't say enough. Will for sure make this "our hotel" at Myrtle Beach. We have been coming here since 1964 and stayed at numerous hotels, this is by far at the top of the list!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ShirleyDanville_VA
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 29, 2009
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to read that when you went in to inquire about a walk-in special you were greeted with a smile and you received an amazing rate. I am glad that your room was spacious and that everything was exceptionally clean. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

west virginia
Reviewed October 27, 2009

Wonderful visit!! Staff super...J. Dingle & Polo were so helpful in checking in & out. They made loading & unloading the car a fun experience...not drudgery...making us feel so welcome with their enthusiasm Roxy made checking in painless & all other desk personnel were always most helpful & friendly. The hotel is a charming facility and staff were always there willing to help in any way when we had questions...they had answers. We hope to return to the "Carolinian" again many times in the future. Will most gladly recommend to others when asked about "a place at the beach". Thanks for a wonderful nine days at Myrtle Beach!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you had a wonderful visit with us. I will pass on all of your kind words regarding the staff to their boss so they can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.