“Exceeded our expectations!”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #69 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed June 9, 2009

We had searched several hotels online for Myrtle Beach and took our chances on Best Western Carolinian Beach resort, based on what we saw online. We expected it would be clean and decent, but we had no IDEA the units would be so gorgeous! We had one of the 2 bedroom units and it was laid out like a real condominium would be! We had a full kitchen. The amenities for the children with the pool and lazy river were GREAT! This was our first time experiencing a "lazy river". The staff was great! There was a very helpful evening manager on at night, who never got impatient with all of our questions about the resort and the area! (Robert(?) or Richard(?) Anyhow, the place was wonderful and what an AMAZING view of the ocean from our unit. The view and the friendly staff made it ALL worthwhile!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased that you decided to stay with us and that you found the rooms to gorgeous. I am glad that your children had plenty to do while you were staying with us and that you were able to enjoy the “lazy river.” I will pass on your kind words regarding Richard to his boss so that he can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 9, 2009

I live 3 1/2 hours from Myrtle Beach and since going to the beach is one of my wifes favorite things to do; I find myself there at least 5 times a year. We have stayed at about every hotel on the beach and love this hotel (the new tower only) by far the best. We used to stray to the newer and seemingly fancier hotels but were always disappointed compared to our favorite location. The pros stack up like this: The staff is the best! friendly, accomodating and knowledgeable about the hotel and great attractions at the beach. "JD " the maintenance supervisor and his crew are always lighting fast and efficient in addressing any concern that you may voice. He goes beyond the call of duty and is a wealth of knowleddge with a magnetic personality. Sister hotels next door which you can use their pools and facilities are nice, large balcony (most are tiny) with great view of both the beach and strip, Huge rooms with separate bedrooms, huge tubs, large windows and sliding doors provide great view, open floorplan, full kitchen, do yourself a favor and check this place out. You will love it.
Now the cons, no wireless, wired only.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased to read that you found our staff to be friendly and very knowledgeable about the area. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your room and the balcony. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2009

I spent 3 nights at this hotel for a short vacation with my 19 and 21 year old kids, 2 sisters, niece and her husband. We stayed in a 3 room (ocean front) suite and had plenty of room to have private space or spend time together in the front room (fabulous view). The service was great! No matter what we asked for, we got it quickly and with a smile. Any questions were answered promptly and the front desk personnel (especially Anne) were very professional and efficient. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am pleased that you had a great experience staying with us. I am glad that you found that you had plenty of room in your suite with all of your family. I am especially happy that you received great service from all of our employees. I will send on your kind words about Anne to the Front Office Manager so she can be recognized for a job well done. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2009

Went with my husband for a three night, four day stay. Room was clean but nothing special. Good value for the money. Some problems with the refrigerator and the bathroom fan. I was disappointed at first because we inadvertently booked on a "Biker Weekend" but we made the best of it. The beachfront was great, actually. Lots of families stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am glad that you found the beachfront to be great and that you noticed that a lot of families stay with us. I am sorry that you came during bike week and that you weren’t able to enjoy the hotel. I wanted to let you know that during the month of May there are two bike rallies and there is also one in the fall. I hope that the next time you come to the area you will find that you have a better stay.

sincerely,

Reviewed May 26, 2009

My stay was very nice , and it was because of the service i received from the front desk employees especially Tonia , she did a wonderful job acommodating me and my friends , her attitude , personality and mannerisim was very professional , because of that , i decided that when ever i visit myrtle beach in the future , i will choose to stay at the best western carolinian . The other employees were also very nice and helpful , i wish i could have stayed longer to enjoy my vacation but i will definetly be back in the near future , thanks again for making my stay at your resort a very pleasant one and i look forward in seeing you all again ! Sincerely , Ranzino smith

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you found the staff to be very nice and helpful, especially Tonia. I have relayed your comments about her to the General Manager of the resort so that she may be recognized for her outstanding customer care during your stay. I hope that the next time you visit the Grand Strand you will stay with us again.

Autumm Fenstermacer

Reviewed May 18, 2009

The hotel itself is always clean and inviting. The front desk staff and valet are all such nice, accomodating people. They sincerely care about your stay. The hotel room was perfect. The grounds are always immaculate. I love this hotel.
Our weekend was supposed to be a nice get-away to make up for a missed birthday. Our entire experience was so great that we booked every weekend for the rest of 2009. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!
I would highly recommend this hotel. It's conveniently located in Central Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delight that you enjoyed your stay so much that you booked the rest of 2009. We are looking forward to providing you with best service that the Grand Strand has to offer. I know that you will enjoy the immaculate grounds and accommodating staff during each of your visits. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the best birthday present ever. We look forward to serving you during your each additional stay with us.

Reviewed May 17, 2009

The overall stay was excellent! This was our second stay and this was the first stay for my other family members! We all had such a great time and look forward to coming back next year or sooner!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz5922, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found our overall stay excellent. I am happy that you have come and stayed with us before and that this time you brought your family with you to enjoy this resort. We are looking forward to you and your family coming to see us again next year if not sooner.