“vacation”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #65 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My stay was very nice , and it was because of the service i received from the front desk employees especially Tonia , she did a wonderful job acommodating me and my friends , her attitude , personality and mannerisim was very professional , because of that , i decided that when ever i visit myrtle beach in the future , i will choose to stay at the best western carolinian . The other employees were also very nice and helpful , i wish i could have stayed longer to enjoy my vacation but i will definetly be back in the near future , thanks again for making my stay at your resort a very pleasant one and i look forward in seeing you all again ! Sincerely , Ranzino smith

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted to read that you found the staff to be very nice and helpful, especially Tonia. I have relayed your comments about her to the General Manager of the resort so that she may be recognized for her outstanding customer care during your stay. I hope that the next time you visit the Grand Strand you will stay with us again.

Autumm Fenstermacer

There are newer reviews for Carolinian Beach Resort

Reviewed May 18, 2009

The hotel itself is always clean and inviting. The front desk staff and valet are all such nice, accomodating people. They sincerely care about your stay. The hotel room was perfect. The grounds are always immaculate. I love this hotel.
Our weekend was supposed to be a nice get-away to make up for a missed birthday. Our entire experience was so great that we booked every weekend for the rest of 2009. BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!!
I would highly recommend this hotel. It's conveniently located in Central Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz6000, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delight that you enjoyed your stay so much that you booked the rest of 2009. We are looking forward to providing you with best service that the Grand Strand has to offer. I know that you will enjoy the immaculate grounds and accommodating staff during each of your visits. I am glad that we were able to provide you with the best birthday present ever. We look forward to serving you during your each additional stay with us.

Autumm Fenstermacher

Reviewed May 17, 2009

The overall stay was excellent! This was our second stay and this was the first stay for my other family members! We all had such a great time and look forward to coming back next year or sooner!

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
beachbumz5922, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to read that you found our overall stay excellent. I am happy that you have come and stayed with us before and that this time you brought your family with you to enjoy this resort. We are looking forward to you and your family coming to see us again next year if not sooner.

Reviewed May 16, 2009

My husband and I went to stay at the Carolinian for Mother's Day. We never stayed there before but really love it. My husband planned everything and it was great. They have the resturant close by that has really good food called Magnolias. Everyone was great, but we really enjoyed Tonia and Jenn at the front desk. They always made us feel like we are home and comfortable. But most of all they have a great since of humor. Front desk also gave out this book with a lot of coupons in them to give us some ideas of things to do .We had an ocean front suit that had a great view of the ocean from our bedroom. The room was very clean and housekeeping made sure we had everything we needed. We enjoyed the lazy river and hot tub, also the resort has easy access to the beach. We will love to bring our whole family next time to stay to this resort. Thank you everyone at Best Western Carolinain

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delight that you enjoyed everything that the Best Western Carolinian has to offer, from the great staff to the great view of the ocean from your bedroom. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our local restaurants and that the coupon book that the front desk gave you had some ideas of what you can do while in the Myrtle Beach area. We are looking forward to seeing you the next time you come to town.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

Service is excellent, from the time I made my reservation through their follow up after my stay. My ault daughter and I had a one bedroom oceanfront suite. Everything was perfect. The only negative is the water pressure in the showerhead. I have made a commentt to them and I have a feeling that they will take care of it. Another nice touch would be if they would have an on site bar or restaurant. We had no problem finding places to eat or drink within the area. We rented the beach chairs from the lifeguard, cost is $30/day for the two chairs and umbrella. We enjoyed the Sea Captain House restaurant just down the street and for cocktails on the beach we liked Bummz Beach Bar which is down the street the other way about 8 blocks. Also food was excellent at the Pier Restaurnat around 10th and Ocean Blvd. Also the complimentary internet worked very well.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review. I am happy that you and your daughter choose to stay at the Best Western Carolinian Resort. I was glad that you found everything perfect and that you enjoyed your one bedroom oceanfront suite. I am pleased that you were able to find some good places to have a cocktail or have a good dinner. Thank you for choosing Oceana Resorts for you vacation needs.

Reviewed May 15, 2009

Having stayed at the Patrica Grand for the past few years this was a weclomed change. Hotel is very clean and staff is willing to make sure your stay is near perfect.There are only a few negatives that I had during my stay. The beach is the place to be but the outdoor pool is very small and the indoor pool (if they call it that) is in covered area that's more like a wind tunnel. On the hottest days I didn't see anyone in there. I revisited the P/G for a dip as I know they have the biggest and nicest pool on the strand. The only other thing I would like to see is a snack bar or gift shop as they don't have a resturant, it would be nice to grab a drink or snack on you way to the beach if you forgot something. Rooms are a very good size and very clean. The parking didn't see to be a bother it's only across the street and security is everywhere (a good thing) . The Anderson club is their newest hotel next store I went in to look around for a possible stay next year but when I asked about the rates were they said visit the web site. I asked to see a room and what types they offered again they said visit the web site. So next year I'm going to revisit the Carolinian for another great stay for the money. Thanks for a great time I'm already counting down till next year !

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
beachbumz5922, Oceana Representatve at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2009

Thank you for telling us about your stay. I am pleased that you found the rooms a good size and very clean and that parking across the street wasn’t a bother. I will pass on your comments about adding some kind of snack bar to the area. I am glad that you found the Best Western Carolinian to your liking and we are looking forward to you staying with us again next year.

Reviewed May 11, 2009

Front desk was just excellent with Taylor (and the others but hers was the only name I remember) Greg was our Bell hop and he was Knowledgeable and friendley.
Great room with wonderful views especially the sunrise, that was spectacular.
Very relaxing time.This was our 2nd visit. We will return again.

1  Thank myrlin
beachbumz5922, Oceana Representative at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. At Oceana Resorts we strive at making each guests stay as memorable as possible. There is no better way to relax than on your own ocean front balcony. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Myrtle Beach.

Autumm Fenstermacher