“Absolutely Excellent, Great Facilities, Friendly Staff”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Dublin, Ireland
“Absolutely Excellent, Great Facilities, Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2008

I've stayed in hotels around the world and this ranks as one of the best. The staff were very professional, polite and friendly. They really went out of their way to make our stay more comfortable which was very refreshing.

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Suite which at a very reasonable price was gorgeous, spacious and really comfortable. It was our third stay at this hotel. The lazy river and hot jacuzzi were a great addition and a great way to relax in the evenings. There was nothing was in need of repair, and all facilities were up-to-date and in excellent condition.

It was the first hotel I've stayed at which I can honestly say had no faults. It was very convenient to all facilities, restaurants and shopping areas which was great. A lovely touch was the free breakfast we had in the top class restaurant just across the road. A perfect start to each day.

I would highly recommend this hotel and its lower place in the rankings is not a true reflection of the high standard and improvements the hotel has made. I've done a lot of research on different hotels in Myrtle beach and can honestly say this hotel has more of a complete package than most. It has something for everyone.

My girlfriend and I have already booked our next stay.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Lack of Wireless Internet in All rooms
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2008
Thank you for your post to Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read how much you and your girlfriend enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Carolinian. The compliments from a seasoned traveler such as yourself were fantastic to hear. It was also nice to know that the recent renovations to the resort were so well received. At Oceana Resorts our staff excels at making each guest's vacation experience a pleasant one. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip along the Grand Strand.
L. Avery

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
Cape May, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2008

My husband and I went to Myrtle Beach to see some of the Christmas Shows, and to have some quiet time. The first week of December was ideal. We got front row seats, and stayed at a great resort. The Carolinian was beautiful. We had a two room suite at a very reasonable price (oceanfront) It was warm enough to spend time on the balcony and beach. The staff was beyond helpful and friendly. I am accompanied by a service dog, and he was welcomed, even though the resort does not accept pets. He is registered and therefore allowed.
We can't wait to go back again.

Stayed December 2008
Thank you for your post to Trip Advisor. It's always nice to hear when our guests enjoy their stay so much. The holiday season is such a fantastic time to visit along the Grand Strand, from the seasonal shows to the beautiful weather it makes for a great get away to the coast. I was pleased to read how the staff was able to accommodate you and your husband during your stay with us. We welcome the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Blythewood, SC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2008

I have stayed at this hotel before and returned because of the friendliness of the staff and convenience to the beach. Everything was the same except for the indoor pool. I usually swim for excercise, it's not as hard on the joints, so around 8pm sunday november 30, I went down to take a swim but the indoor pool, The Lazy River, was very cold.
The staff was great, the young man at the door Darren I think is his name, was very helpful and your rates were great for an unexpected trip to the beach.

• Liked — comfort
  • Disliked — indoor pool
1 Thank JohnBlythewood
beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 8, 2008
Thank you for your post to Trip Advisor, we appreciate you kind comments. I would however like to apologize for the glitch in the heater you experienced when trying to use the pool the evening of the 30th. I understand that the problem was resolved by the time you checked out, however we would like to apologize never the less for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will also pass along your compliments of the staff to the General Manager. I was happy to read that you were a returning customer to our resort and to let you know that we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit along the Grand Strand.

Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2008

We had a great time in Myrtle Beach during the off season. The hotel was a great value for the money and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. We would return here again. We would highly recommend this hotel. The location was great.

• Liked — location friendly staff
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 1, 2008
I was so pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us at the Best Western Carolinian. Our employees strive to make each guest's vacation experience enjoyable and we look forward to helping you with all your future vacation needs. For future visits, please make sure to check out our website to see all our currently posted resort specials.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2008

We stayed for 3 nights at the Best Western Carolinian. From other past reviews we were scared to stay here and I told them so, but they were so nice at the front desk. Check-in took 10 mins. and it was slow times on Oct. 28, '08. We were able to get an upgrade on our room reservation to a 2 bedroom suite in the towers with an Ocean View. It was so beautiful and I was able to wash my clothes in the washer/dryer that came with the suite. We also stayed in 2 other hotels because we traveled all over south,carolina. We had a blast. It was too cold for us to swim and enjoy the beach or the lazy river, and it was not heated. we are from Orlando, Florida. The internet cable in the suite was only on one wall and we had to bring/buy our own internet cable or borrow/buy one from the front desk. The tub and the bathroom was very beautiful. The kitchen was fully equipped. We had to walk one street over to park and it was cold,smiles. We were given a card for our visiting guests to place inside their cars for parking. Our car was secure, they had security for the parking from 9p.m. till 5 or 6 a.m. We were given plenty of coupons for various restaurants nearby. We walked on the beach and it was cold. We saw the security truck riding around covering all the hotels. The other rooms had older carpets, We saw a small game and exercise room and a laundry room when visited the other building with our hotel key to get in there. I wish they had a continetal breakfast. We would if we are able to again, go and stay at this hotel.LB.

beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 28, 2008
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary! I was pleased to read that you chose to stay with us to celebrate such a momentous occasion. At Oceana Resorts, we strive to make each guest's vacation special. I was happy to see that you and your husband will be returning to our resort on your next visit. Oceana Resorts offers many deals and discounts daily on all it's properties, make sure to visit our website to check those out.
KingsNorth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2008

I had three days off and had a itch to play golf in Myrtle Beach, so I decided to check out deals on Expedia. I found Best Western Carolinan for a great price and it was located right on the beach. The hotel room was spacious and could have accomodated my whole family of five. My room had a nice ocean view with an outside balcony that around the whole room. The room had a full kitchen that came with a fridgerator along with pots and pans. I would highly recommend this hotel especially in the off season.

Stayed November 2008
beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 17, 2008
Thank you for your posting on Trip Advisor about your stay with us at the Best Western Carolinian. I was pleased to read that our accommodations exceeded your expectations during your stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. For future stays you may log onto our Oceana Resorts website and check out all our current discount package specials.
CONWAY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2008

I had so much fun at this hotel. I stayed with some friends and had a blast. The room was very clean, the pools are heated and clean. Housekeeping gave us everything we needed with no problem. Front desk staff Jenn and Tonia has been very helpful and outgoing. Bell staff Darren helped us with our luggage, and gave us directions to all the attractions around the area. I love it there and will be coming back to stay again. Next time i will bring my niece and nephew.

• Liked — All the staff
  • Disliked — Lazy river not inclosed yet.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
beachbumz5922, Interactive Media Coordinator at Carolinian Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2008
Thank you for the review you posted on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Carolinian. I will pass along your comments about the staff that you identified as providing you with outstanding customer care. We at Oceana Resorts strive to make every guests stay an enjoyable experience and we look forward to seeing you, your family, and your friends on your next visit to the Grand Strand.