“Great hotel..awesome staff!”

Ranked #60 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Lumberton, North Carolina
“Great hotel..awesome staff!”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Checked in and asked for a complimentary upgrade and was given one without any hesitation. Friendly staff and hotel was in excellent location. Clean room. Only issue was water wouldn't stay hot for too long while showering, more warm then hot. Would stay again though. 9 out of 10

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
Leland, North Carolina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Very nice property and friendly staff. We stayed one night. Had a nice, oceanfront room. Great sunrise view! Very warm greeting by all staff, very professional but friendly. We really enjoyed our stay, and will be back!

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are the best!
Cortland, New York
Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite it's views were stunning To wake up daily to the view was amazing. It was exceptionally clean. We also received free breakfast at Magnolia's every day. The ambiance was so calm and peaceful loved everything

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Pictureperfec
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Beautifully located ocean front complex with kitchen, internet, exercise room, and breakfast discount at Magnolia's Restaurant across street. Has heated lazy river and hot tub and another 2 outdoor pools. Very clean, but recommend asking for room in the tower.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the tower.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank V Wayne Speedy L
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 27, 2014

My girlfriend and I just returned from a weekend stay at the Best Western Carolinian. Was really surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel and room. Nice ocean view and location. A couple of small things that bothered me were one elevator was out of service almost the entire weekend, some of the staff that I rode down on the elevator with was complaining about working saying they needed to "bring some more people in, cause my a$s don't feel like working today, I aint gonna do nothing" to another staff member while beating on her head to scratch her weave the whole way down. (This however was the only staff member I saw that didn't say hello and ask how we were.) And the lazy river and whirlpool were down for maintenance all weekend and we didn't know this until checking in. And also, pressure washed the front entrance on a Saturday which made them block off the entire front door and check-in area. However everyone was very nice and on the ball. I called the front desk to ask for a taxi, and walked straight out the door to the elevator and the taxi was pulling up as I walked into the lobby. Front desk staff were very pleasant and respectful. Offered opinions on the best places to eat and things to do and gave coupons. Place was clean and location was good. Will 100% stay here again on my next trip to MB. Couldn't beat the value. Also, beds and pillows were COMFY! We wanted to bring the bed home with us!

1 Thank GaryTillman
Virginia Beach, VA
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stay at many Best Western hotels but like this one the best. The primary reason is the beautiful and functional suites, cleanliness, suite appointments, and the magnificent views of the ocean. Hotel WIFI is the best of any hotel we have stayed in. Connection is quick and easy and it is fast. I do agree with the comments about the parking situation. My wife is disabled and walking to and from the garage is a bit of a chore for her. This time, we got one of the two spaces for the disabled. We used to be able to park across the street at the parking meters but, this time, I could not tell if it was permitted or not. In spite of this, we love the hotel. We stayed there on our way to Florida and on the way back. I think the reviews that address poor service speak to freak occurrences that can happen anywhere. Incidentally, Magnolias is our favorite restaurant and it is close by. We go there even when we stay in condos on the beach.

Room Tip: Pick an ocean front suite.
Frederick
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We spent MLK weekend here because we love the area and had a great rate at the hotel. I verified our reservation before heading out - it takes 9.5 hours for us to get there - and by the time we made it into the lobby (the garage elevator was broken and we were on the 5th level), the clerk said that he had sold our room and that we could have an upgrade, which was great, but also said that "another hour and there would be nothing left." That is not encouraging. I mentioned the broken elevator to the clerk the next morning and he gave me no response. There was a volleyball tourney in town and the garage was packed all weekend. I can't believe that no one else mentioned this to them. There was one elderly couple that came through the lobby where the man said "I'll never stay at this place again." He meant it. A night guard I heard say, "The parts are on order. Do people realize how much that elevator gets used?" If it gets that much use then the management should at the least have put a sign up that lets guests know that it is broken. It is in a separate building a block away from the hotel and it was cold and windy that weekend. Also, we were sleeping hard one evening and someone came and banged really hard on the door. I ignored it and they banged again. I had hubby go see who it was and he told me that it was a maintenace person handing him plastic bags. We didn't ask for any bags and I tried to call the desk to ask about this and the damp towels that were left in the entry way by cleaning staff, and couldn't get anyone to answer the phone. I took a picture of the towels and went to the lobby myself and told the clerk on duty who said that "he'd inform the appropriate departments." This is lackluster service at best and there are so many other oceanfront choices in MB. Enough said.