The hotel was nice, clean, conveniently located. First impression in the room was wow! Not much communication with the front desk, but seemed very friendly! We were never offered free breakfast at Magnolia's! I even asked one evening where was a good place for breakfast and he pointed me toward's Magnolias and that was the end of that conversation, free breakfast was never mentioned. Went to play free Putt Putt one evening, didn't realize we needed to go thru the front desk for coupons(we thought we only needed to present our room voucher they gave us at check in), the young man told us we needed to get a voucher from the front desk and it would only cost $3.00 which isn't bad but there was a high volume of check in's and wasn't really worth going back and getting the voucher. Parking was on the next street over, not that bad of a walk. The lazy river is extremely small as is their outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool was very clean, we were concerned about the cleanliness of the lazy river (brown dis-coloration on the walls) and passed on getting in, hot tub was small compared to other hotels we have stayed at. Some family members where staying at another hotel and we went to visit them and thats when we realized we could do way better for the price we paid. They had a cafe, a restaurant, a starbucks, a bar/grill, two nice lazy rivers that where extremely clean, large outdoor and indoor pools, parking deck with the same building of the hotel, park on the same level of your room. We stayed 8 nights at this location and didn't get any of the perks that people spoke of. This hotel has a nice thing going for it with location and nice rooms, but that is it! I now know I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere! The two gentlemen at the front desk, are nice, but all guest should be treated the same, why they fail to tell certain guest about the certain perks and others nothing is beyond me. Their inconsistancy is a big turn off for this hotel for me. It was a nice hotel, but I will be a better shopper the next time and go else where. If your not into better amenities then this is a good hotel for those types of people. And one other thing the two bedroom we stayed in was roomy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a great location, superb facilities and affordable rates at the Carolinian Beach Resort, an award-winning hotel where children under 18 stay FREE with parents. Enjoy a Myrtle Beach hotel with a friendly atmosphere and smartly-appointed accommodations for families, couples and group getaways. The Carolinian offers loads of great amenities that are sure to please including an on-site lazy river, oceanfront pool deck, direct beach access, and even FREE breakfast included with your reservation! During your resort stay, we encourage you to explore the variety of services available to you at our hotel and other Oceana Resorts in Myrtle Beach. From spa services at Awakening Spa located at the Anderson Ocean Club, to great guest privileges at area merchants, our resort offers a convenient location plus a variety of onsite services for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carolinian Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Best Western