“Nice Hotel, you can get more for your money elsewhere” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Carolinian Beach Resort

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #40 of 218 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Richmond, Virginia
“Nice Hotel, you can get more for your money elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

The hotel was nice, clean, conveniently located. First impression in the room was wow! Not much communication with the front desk, but seemed very friendly! We were never offered free breakfast at Magnolia's! I even asked one evening where was a good place for breakfast and he pointed me toward's Magnolias and that was the end of that conversation, free breakfast was never mentioned. Went to play free Putt Putt one evening, didn't realize we needed to go thru the front desk for coupons(we thought we only needed to present our room voucher they gave us at check in), the young man told us we needed to get a voucher from the front desk and it would only cost $3.00 which isn't bad but there was a high volume of check in's and wasn't really worth going back and getting the voucher. Parking was on the next street over, not that bad of a walk. The lazy river is extremely small as is their outdoor pool and hot tub. The pool was very clean, we were concerned about the cleanliness of the lazy river (brown dis-coloration on the walls) and passed on getting in, hot tub was small compared to other hotels we have stayed at. Some family members where staying at another hotel and we went to visit them and thats when we realized we could do way better for the price we paid. They had a cafe, a restaurant, a starbucks, a bar/grill, two nice lazy rivers that where extremely clean, large outdoor and indoor pools, parking deck with the same building of the hotel, park on the same level of your room. We stayed 8 nights at this location and didn't get any of the perks that people spoke of. This hotel has a nice thing going for it with location and nice rooms, but that is it! I now know I can get more bang for my buck elsewhere! The two gentlemen at the front desk, are nice, but all guest should be treated the same, why they fail to tell certain guest about the certain perks and others nothing is beyond me. Their inconsistancy is a big turn off for this hotel for me. It was a nice hotel, but I will be a better shopper the next time and go else where. If your not into better amenities then this is a good hotel for those types of people. And one other thing the two bedroom we stayed in was roomy.

Room Tip: Ask for the south tower and a south corner unit. Good luck, we requested it and didn't get it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
Augusta, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

overall this hotel was fine. If you book a stay here ask for a room in the high tower, on that side the rooms are better and the view is awesome. We didn't eat the breakfast which is located across the street. The breakfast tickets are located at the front desk. Nice little ocean theme as you enter the lobby. I would stay here again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Kearny, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

This was our second time in Myrtle Beach and we decided to try something different. We saw that this place had good Tripadvisor reviews but was cheaper than a lot of the other resorts. Boy were those reviews right. We got a 2 bedroom oceanfront condo. Although the rooms looked slightly better than your standard hotel room, everything was running. They had any and all kitchen utensils that you would need. If you were going out and about, they had discount coupons for various businesses in the area. It was centrally located so you had access to all of the main attractions like the convention center and Broadway at the Beach. If we go back to Myrtle Beach, we're definitely coming back to this place. Just note that their pool and lazy river may not be as large as other places, but parking was good and the elevators were okay.

Room Tip: Book on the Oceana Resorts website. In my opinion, it had the best deal.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martinsville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Me and my husband, his sister and her hubby booked a 2 BR OF suite 9/15-9/18 and our only regret was we didn't stay longer. Check in was easy and there was a nice young man who assisted us with our bags to the room. The rates were very reasonable and we had plenty of space with a nice LR & Kitchen area . This was the first time we stayed at this BW but it will not be the last. I also recommend Magnolias for breakfast-within walking distance of the hotel. We enjoyed our stay and we highly recommend!

Room Tip: Loved the ocean front suite which also included balconies at each bedroom!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I loved my stay at with you hotel. It was in the perfect location. The staff was so friendly and helpful.I plan on coming back next year, I decided it would be my vacation spot every year with my daughter. My only small complaint was our room had a bad smell when we first checked in. You could tell even the bellhop noticed it. I called downstairs and they sent the housekeeper upstairs to take care of it. They masked it with spray but you could still smell a small hint of it. Other than that it was perfect!

Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Very please with this hotel each time we stay we are always please with the service and the rooms are excellent. I would recommend this hotel to every one I know whose traveling to myrtle beach. My family has been staying at this Best western for the last three vacations and always leave happy

1 Thank cmcneill47
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

I booked this vacay after trying to convince my hubby for weeks that we needed a beach getaway with our new infant son. He finally agreed & I found this deal on Groupon. This was my 1st time booking/buying anything from Groupon so after I booked I was a little nervous about what I had gotten us in to. So, I started reading the TripAdvisor reviews & I was blown away at all the negative things ppl were saying, especially about the smaller/older side of the hotel. I started getting very nervous about out trip. I even called the hotel several times asking about possibly upgrading to a suite in the newer side of the hotel after arrival. The staff assured me that it would be no problem & they told me they thought we would be pleased with the hotel.

We arrive Sept 12 & I am very pleased at what I see from the outside. We were traveling with another couple, so myself & my friend went inside to check in while the men stayed outside with the baby. We had a friendly greeting & check in was no problem. Alejandro at the front desk stated that we would be able to upgrade the next day to a suite if we so chose based on availability. Us ladies went up to check out our rooms while the men unloaded the cars. We were pleasantly suprised at the cleanliness of the rooms. That night we did realize that space was an issue with an infant & also that the air conditioner was super cold & blew on one particular bed all night. We either froze or burnt up. We decided the next day to upgrade & I am so glad we did. We had suite 934. Full kitchen, Ocean view balcony & my favorite, a washer & dryer. (Boy did my priorities change when I had a baby, lol). Our stay was more than pleasurable, beautiful beaches, friendly staff & super clean premises. I will not book through Groupon again. It did not save us any money. We will be back, & in fact were talking with an owner of our suite neighbor on the way out. The suites are extremely affordable to purchase. Who knew. I don't know what kind of expectations the previous review writers had, but this is by no means a "dump". Do not believe all the reviews you read. Travel with an open mind.