I booked this vacay after trying to convince my hubby for weeks that we needed a beach getaway with our new infant son. He finally agreed & I found this deal on Groupon. This was my 1st time booking/buying anything from Groupon so after I booked I was a little nervous about what I had gotten us in to. So, I started reading the TripAdvisor reviews & I was blown away at all the negative things ppl were saying, especially about the smaller/older side of the hotel. I started getting very nervous about out trip. I even called the hotel several times asking about possibly upgrading to a suite in the newer side of the hotel after arrival. The staff assured me that it would be no problem & they told me they thought we would be pleased with the hotel.
We arrive Sept 12 & I am very pleased at what I see from the outside. We were traveling with another couple, so myself & my friend went inside to check in while the men stayed outside with the baby. We had a friendly greeting & check in was no problem. Alejandro at the front desk stated that we would be able to upgrade the next day to a suite if we so chose based on availability. Us ladies went up to check out our rooms while the men unloaded the cars. We were pleasantly suprised at the cleanliness of the rooms. That night we did realize that space was an issue with an infant & also that the air conditioner was super cold & blew on one particular bed all night. We either froze or burnt up. We decided the next day to upgrade & I am so glad we did. We had suite 934. Full kitchen, Ocean view balcony & my favorite, a washer & dryer. (Boy did my priorities change when I had a baby, lol). Our stay was more than pleasurable, beautiful beaches, friendly staff & super clean premises. I will not book through Groupon again. It did not save us any money. We will be back, & in fact were talking with an owner of our suite neighbor on the way out. The suites are extremely affordable to purchase. Who knew. I don't know what kind of expectations the previous review writers had, but this is by no means a "dump". Do not believe all the reviews you read. Travel with an open mind.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a great location, superb facilities and affordable rates at the Carolinian Beach Resort, an award-winning hotel where children under 18 stay FREE with parents. Enjoy a Myrtle Beach hotel with a friendly atmosphere and smartly-appointed accommodations for families, couples and group getaways. The Carolinian offers loads of great amenities that are sure to please including an on-site lazy river, oceanfront pool deck, direct beach access, and even FREE breakfast included with your reservation! During your resort stay, we encourage you to explore the variety of services available to you at our hotel and other Oceana Resorts in Myrtle Beach. From spa services at Awakening Spa located at the Anderson Ocean Club, to great guest privileges at area merchants, our resort offers a convenient location plus a variety of onsite services for everyone. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Carolinian Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Carolinian Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Myrtle Beach
- Best Western Carolinian Beach Resort
- Myrtle Beach Best Western