“Great location, nice place”

Carolinian Beach Resort
Ranked #48 of 208 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Walled Lake, Michigan
“Great location, nice place”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Our room was quite nice a large 2bedroom, 2bath, full kitchen. Oceanfront balcony was very nice to have. Included in stay was a full breakfast buffet at 2restaurants nearby. We could walk to the main area boardwalk, a little long but do-able. Did this a few times during our stay by walking along the ocean. Had a car but parking is hard to find and expensive. Beautiful beach, wide and clean. Pools and lazy river were small but we did not really use them. Staff was very accomodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 4, 2013

I love this hotel, its exactly what I need for my family! I stay in the 2 bedroom condos and we are very happy!! The perk of the water park and mini golf always seals the deal for me. The staff this year was outstanding!! I am guilty of complaining in past years that the front desk staff was less than gracious, that has been rectified... The young men at the desk were awesome, warm, welcoming, and helpful. Bell boys top notch and house keeping was spot on! Also, the young lady in the kids camp was sweet and my kids loved her, she was able to provide me an hour of peace at the pool while she entertained, that was priceless.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

More activities and snack machines on each floor. Elevators are too hot. AC would be more accommodating. Continental breakfast would be a plus. The late checkout should be free up til one if available not chArged 10:00per hour extra. Other than that I had a good vist

• Stayed September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The rooms were Clean..staff was very helpful..waterpark tickets were a big plus!..right on the beach..it was everything I expected..great value! the hotel wasn't new but it was well kept..pools were clean..would of been nice to have a breakfast but the stove and refidgerator in our room was great!..there was also a convection oven microwave..and the kitchen was stocked with everything we needed!..it made it easy to feed the kids..our oceanfront balcony gave us a beautiful view of the ocean..what a great getaway before school started..I would definately go back there..we could walk to the shops and the amusement rides at the boardwalk..nice location..

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank reggie829
Cranberry Twp, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had an amazing stay! We stayed in the high tower in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath. It was clean and very nice. We stayed on the 21st floor and thought we would wait all week for elevators. The elevators were very quick. Housekeeping was great and it was so nice to come back to a clean hotel room every day. The pools were clean and we loved the beach. View was amazing from our room. Parking is across the street but not too big of a deal. It seemed like a lot of the hotels were this way. We were 2 miles from Broadway at the Beach and 2 miles from the Boardwalk. Would definitely stay here again. We loved it!!

1 Thank Klyndon
Lake St. Clair, United States
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff was very helpful & friendly. The beds are rather firm. Great views of the beach & easy access! Love that they rent beach chairs & umbrellas by the week or day as well as provide towels for the beach. Free breakfast at Magnolia's is more than what is usually provided at hotels & very good. Attractions are NOT within walking distance a rental car is suggested as taxis can add up in price ($15 from airport to hotel). Clean, comfortable, quiet rooms. Room w/ fridge & microwave really helpful for drinks / snacks. Would recommend to the hotel to provide clothes line in shower for ease of drying wet sandy suits. Worth it to become rewards member as cost of renting chairs is $15 cheaper for the week.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Amy S
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We had a great 3 days in Myrtle Beach but even now when writing my review if we were given the correct room that we reserved. We reserved a oceanfront efficiency - 1C and we were assigned a room on the 8th floor of the "older" section of the original hotel structure. My wife was moving our "stuff" into the room as I was parking my car in the parking garage that is located a block away. While I was walking back to the hotel after parking my car, I noticed a much taller hotel next to a much smaller hotel and both had a Best Western Plus sign on each building. I asked the very nice person at the front desk if I could see a room in the taller building and she was very helpful and arranged for the task to be completed. The room in the taller building was much nicer then the one that we were assigned in what was the "older" building. I read lots of reviews on your site and I must admit I thought that our assigned room was OK but really not as nice as I expected after reading all the reviews and using your web site?? We decided to exchange rooms thinking that it was just a nicer room for the same $$$ but it wasn't but we decided to stay in the condo owner's room. Nothing was mentioned on your site that there are room that are rented from condo owner's room. The room was very nice and we had a wonderful stay but even after making an extra $55 payment for the "better" room and truly enjoyed our stay - did I not notice the difference on the web site or reviews??

The hotel staff were all very friendly and I would like to stay again but next time I will know what I am receiving prior to my next visit. Does anyone ever want to stay in an "older" part of a nice hotels is my real question??

Room Tip: Know that there is 2 separate buildings and the taller building has the newer rooms and are owners c...